Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool, sunday 28th @ 4pm, SS1

• 27-02-2016 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

First cup final of the season sees Man City up against Liverpool. Is this an early early chance for Klopp to get a first silverware as Liverpool manager or the start of the long farewell to Pellegrini? Will it be 2014 all over again? Sterling will be crying, yes but tears of justification or sorrow?

It is Citizens v the Kop... Have at it boys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

As a liverpool fan I'll be praying for a win just to get one over sterling. Since he said I moving to win trophies. Think he left a season too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

I see there is some talk on Liverpool thread about Caballero being city goalkeeper for the game. Can't see that being the case TBH, unless Hart is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    As a liverpool fan I'll be praying for a win just to get one over sterling. Since he said I moving to win trophies. Think he left a season too early.

How do you figure that?

Sterling is playing regularly in a team that's in the champions league, a league cup final and title contender team.

Not having a go but I think he couldn't have picked a better time to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There will be goals I suspect - if City pay as little attention to the mercurial talents of Coutinho and Firmino as they did the last time then Liverpool clearly have a chance. Presumably their defence will be a bit more clued up.

I see there is some talk on Liverpool thread about Caballero being city goalkeeper for the game. Can't see that being the case TBH, unless Hart is injured.

from guardian
    Willy Caballero will start Sunday’s Capital One Cup final for Manchester City after Joe Hart was informed by Manuel Pellegrini he will not be selected to face Liverpool. Pellegrini’s decision comes despite Caballero’s particularly poor performance in Sunday’s 5-1 FA Cup defeat at Chelsea.

Caballero has played in all the previous rounds. Two years ago Pellegrini chose Costel Pantilimon in goal for the 3-1 victory over Sunderland in that season’s final after the Romanian had been first choice throughout the competition.

Although sources close to Hart confirmed the 28-year-old had been told of Pellegrini’s decision, Caballero indicated he had yet to be informed he is in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm going to the game and I hope it's going to be a good result for us come on red men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well that's Liverpool ****ed so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Jaysus this is a tough one for the Man Utd fans. We'll learn a lot tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Jaysus this is a tough one for the Man Utd fans. We'll learn a lot tomorrow.

Easy choice. I'm not from Manchester. I won't be bumping into any City fans on the street or at work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Say a good game tomorrow what ever happens,

3-1 City Augero and Sturridge both on the score sheets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm guessing most know. ..but half four kick off.( perhaps a mod could correct title just in case )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Half 10 for me and I'm quiet drunk now so must set the alarm clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Beautiful morning, a cup final, think it'll be a good one for pool .
    Also, i love what klopp was supposed to have said about giving out his team and tvs in manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Has Hart been injured? Pellegrini is mental if he picks that other keeper he was terrible the other night, is there any need to rest a keeper?

Get the feeling Liverpool will win this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Liverppool 2-1 or 2-0.

I hope they do win it, it'd be nice starter for Klopp. The guy's attitude and honesty is simply a breath of fresh air for the Premier League.

Sad in a way to see Pellegrini go though but I think they'll get the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Think Pel is showing respect to the Caballero,since he was the keeper that did get them to the final.He was dodge the last night allright hope he shakes it off.Can see goals in this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Think Pel is showing respect to the Caballero,since he was the keeper that did get them to the final.He was dodge the last night allright hope he shakes it off.Can see goals in this game!

Hopefully Emre Can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I remember the season Mancini lost his job he played pantillimon all the way to the fa cup final but played hart in the final, I get that you play your best players but did feel a bit for pantillimon that day.
    The whole cup keeper thing is a bit of an odd thing these days unless your are barca where you have two brilliant keepers trying to keep them happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Looking forward to the game.

Liverpool have been jinxed ever since the slip up against Chelsea and I would be hoping for some silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

klose wrote: »
    I remember the season Mancini lost his job he played pantillimon all the way to the fa cup final but played hart in the final, I get that you play your best players but did feel a bit for pantillimon that day.
    The whole cup keeper thing is a bit of an odd thing these days unless your are barca where you have two brilliant keepers trying to keep them happy.

I know from my football manager experience I don't have the heart to drop the second keeper if I've used him throughout the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

As a Utd fan I'll be hoping for a City win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

adox wrote: »
    As a Utd fan I'll be hoping for a City win.

Shocking stuff

As a Liverpool fan, I'll be hoping Liverpool win.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

#LFC team: Mignolet, Clyne, Lucas, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Hendo, Milner, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge

#LFC subs today: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Lallana, Allen, Origi, Flanagan

Same first XI as Thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

5starpool wrote: »
    #LFC team: Mignolet, Clyne, Lucas, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Hendo, Milner, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge

#LFC subs today: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Lallana, Allen, Origi, Flanagan

Same first XI as Thursday night.

Any word on city's line up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great to see Allen in the squad.

Any word on city's line up?

CcT8zn-WEAElM_h.jpg:large

CcT8zn-WEAElM_h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

CcT8zn-WEAElM_h.jpg:large

Thanks happy that left joe on the bench.

• Advertisement

Bad luck for Kolo though, hopefully he can get on a some point for a good reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

has this kicked off yet?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    has this kicked off yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Let's ****ing do this!!

http://imgur.com/7HPlR2Q

Aguero surely a near certainty to score today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks, the thread title threw me off and I was scrambling everywhere for streams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's made for a cracking game with the two lineups in fairness. Lucas needs a big game. I think he is smart enough to handle augero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Aside from one dodgy backpass Lucas has been superb at CB in the three games he's played there recently.
    He probably won't have had to play against someone with the quality of Aguero though.

3-2 LFC come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

with any luck it wont be a stroll for city and we nick a win

Sigh. Alan Fúcking Smith.

He should have commentated on the Arsenal game.

Sigh. Alan Fúcking Smith.

He should have commentated on the Arsenal game.

Id rather him than Niall Quinn and he was around today, so count your blessings.

• Advertisement

What's the point of that song being played on the PA system? Just drowning out the actual atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

City starting their sh!te keeper, unfortunately so are Liverpool.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Id rather him than Niall Quinn and he was around today, so count your blessings.

Opposite for me. Quinn is a dope, but Smith hates Liverpool.

Opposite for me. Quinn is a dope, but Smith hates Liverpool.

Quinn never shuts up though. And it be great hearing Smith when Liverpool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pointless red carpet, both sides nowhere near it.

Would have loved a swap around of commentators, Smith for Provan who covered the earlier game.

Come on your redmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Effort and commitment, that's all I ask. A win by any means is ultimately what I want of course, but if they try and don't make stupid mistakes I'll be ok even if we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They're going to scrutinise everything Caballero does aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

razorblunt wrote: »
    They're going to scrutinise everything Caballero does aren't they?
    I'd be more confident of the win if he wasn't playing, to be honest. Sh1tting it here.

Nearly a great ball by Coutinho, just too hard. Great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Maybe he'd get the pass right if he'd looked at it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement