Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing flight dates on Ryanair

Options
  • 27-02-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently booked flights with Ryanair to travel to Italy in June, but it turned out that the dates I chose clash with other family commitments, so I wanted to change them to May.

When I check online (as I was about to book a new flight), the prices of outbound flights are 66Euro, and Inbound are 73Euro. which is much less than I paid for (I save 540 Eur in total for 4 persons incl luggage and seat booking).

But when I try to change my booking, the prices I am given are the same I paid for June 184Euro outbound and 92 Inbound, so the total of the flight is exactely the same, and then they add 40 euro per person per journey (40 x 8 + other fees) which amounts to 369Euro !!!!

I thought I would be given the right prices, then apply the fees, so Ryanair will give me back around 171 Euro, but it turned out that it's not the case. You're always loosing with Ryanair!

My question is: Is it legal to advertise 2 different prices for the same trip? One is higher because you already booked with them and paid them? it looks like Ryanair's policy is : If you want to fly with us, we'll give a good price, but once you booked your trip, and we got your money, then we don't value you as a customer anymore! Now you're stuck and there's no way out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think it's a €65 fee to change flights with them. On lower priced flights this normally means it can become more expensive to change the booking than to take out a fresh new booking. For more expensive flights it can be the better option to change rather than rebook. Not much you can do I am afraid.

Advertisement