Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audacity adding in silence to my Loops!

Options
  • 27-02-2016 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

so I have the loop cut from the start...
    378822.jpg
    The Girl Is Mine_1_Cut.jpg

But then when I close it down (or export it to MP3) and open it up again there's .05 secs of silence added to the start (but not the end!).
    378823.jpg
    The Girl Is Mine_1_Extra.jpg

What gives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Check the Preferences, there's usually an option to add a bit of dead space at the head of a track, for burning CDs etc. Default is usually 'on'

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

Are you exporting them as MP3? Read your post.

The LAME codec adds a padding of silence at the file head. Export your loops as WAVs or AIFF and it should be ok.

I can't post links but if you look up the LAME Technical FAQ you'll see this 'feature' mentioned in point number one.

Also, if you're cutting the loops from MP3s, I'd say this accounts for you seeing the silence appear after you close and reopen a project.

Advertisement