Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Irish Pruis , short test driving impressions

• 27-02-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

I've had Prius around the family since 2004 and I've bought and sold a good few , and taken one apart,and rebuilt another one out of it, so I know them fairly well.

I had a test drive in a new 2016 one today, and I was highly I impressed.

There have being no reports of major step improvements or leaps in Prius /hybrid technology from earlier reports worldwide.

However, having driven a new one, the collective leap comes from the sum of multiple small improvements to make a WHOLE leap forward.

Very impressive interior quality brilliant NVH isolation, super suspension that's both smoother yet tighter ,overall being very comfortable with excellent seats and old world merc levels of solidity everywhere .

Highly impressive HUD full colour, most impressed with current speed limit icon appearing beside speedo that turns from an image of the irish speed limit sign say a 60 on a white circle with red band if you're below limit which turns all red if you exceed same.

Lane departure , pre collision , blind spot warning , cleverer ( than before ) proximity key , wireless phone charging , overall clever unobtrusive tech.

Striking looks in the flesh, and showing 1350 km range from a full tank.

Yes Toyota have learnt a lot and put it into practice in this latest model which will give plug in cars a run for their money with current low fuel prices , never mind putting traditional Luxury ICE automatic cars to shame .

Very nice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Bigus wrote: »
    I've had Prius around the family since 2004 and I've bought and sold a good few , and taken one apart,and rebuilt another one out of it, so I know them fairly well.

I had a test drive in a new 2016 one today, and I was highly I impressed.

There have being no reports of major step improvements or leaps in Prius /hybrid technology from earlier reports worldwide.

However, having driven a new one, the collective leap comes from the sum of multiple small improvements to make a WHOLE leap forward.

Very impressive interior quality brilliant NVH isolation, super suspension that's both smoother yet tighter ,overall being very comfortable with excellent seats and old world merc levels of solidity everywhere .

Highly impressive HUD full colour, most impressed with current speed limit icon appearing beside speedo that turns from an image of the irish speed limit sign say a 60 on a white circle with red band if you're below limit which turns all red if you exceed same.

Lane departure , pre collision , blind spot warning , cleverer ( than before ) proximity key , wireless phone charging , overall clever unobtrusive tech.

Striking looks in the flesh, and showing 1350 km range from a full tank.

Yes Toyota have learnt a lot and put it into practice in this latest model which will give plug in cars a run for their money with current low fuel prices , never mind putting traditional Luxury ICE automatic cars to shame .

Very nice

Thanks for a nice summary. What is NVH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Rafal wrote: »
    Thanks for a nice summary. What is NVH?

Noise vibration harseness ( motor industry speak )

Advertisement