Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price difference.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

jno547 wrote: »
    I got a reply from Cian in Republic of Vape explaining in detail how they have to price items and what he says makes a lot of sense,I've asked him is it ok to post his reply here and I'm just waiting on his reply.
    Can I just say in the meantime

1. I have no affiliation with any vendor whatsoever other than Dr Bill's vaping emporium.
    2. I have no issue with any Irish vendor, they all provide a top class service,just this price difference kinda jumped out at me because of its size.
    3. I think it's good that this type of issue can be discussed openly here,it may benefit both vendors and consumers.

Now thats that,I'm off to China.....only joking.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Got this reply from Cian in Republic of Vape on the question of pricing.

Hi John,

The simple answer is that when something costs us more we have to charge more. It's more complicated of course but when we get something cheap we sell it cheap, when we don't get it cheap, we have to charge more.We had the Subox Mini at €59.99 when every other vendor had it at €80 and some were even charging €95. We had One Hit Wonder 180mls in the past for €54.99, other vendors were charging €75 and even €80. The products you mention, we just couldn't do them any cheaper and survive.We spend every penny on the business and trying to grow it and try to be cheap too, we are consumers ourselves and love giving a good deal but if we go too cheap, we just won't be here in a couple of months.

I don't know how some companies manage to charge so little for some products, they may say the same about us with regards some of ours. We buy mainly from the UK and the US so that we can get a wide variety of products, we can buy smaller amounts of a larger variety, rather than buying in bulk from China and getting a smaller variety cheaper, so there is one reason too, we don't buy in massive bulk. And we suffer with the strength of the Sterling usually and we also pay huge import duties from the states. Shipping, import duties, VAT and currency rates effect us very badly.

For instance, Suicide Bunny sent us a couple of tubes of posters from the states for promotions, we were charged €75 to receive the posters....they weren't even to resell and we were charged almost €100...it's unreal.

Hardware as well is down to trends and what one company pays for hardware a month ago could be drastically different from what another company pays this month. Once something is not the new shiny product everyone wants the price usually drops down on the distributor/wholesalers side. Goblin Mini for instance has a new version so the price of the Goblin Mini will drop but we bought our Goblin Minis months ago, so we paid the higher price. We still need to try and make our money back on the old product but also have to be realistic and drop the price just to get rid of it and not lose money if it comes to that which is the way it goes now. We lost money on the MVPs, the iTazte CLKs, the KBOX... it's a constant game of catch up.

So really I don't have a definitive answer for you John. Some people are paying more than others for their products, some are faster to drop their prices and jettison stock which has lost it's appeal with the vaping community, some have maybe been around longer and built up a large business and are selling in large volume to a large customer base and can afford to make less profit off of each product.

That's how I see it anyway John, hope that has been of some help to you, though knowing how I ramble, it probably hasn't!

Director, Republic of Vape

Having exchanged a few emails with Cian on this subject he comes across as a very genuine,sincere and honest person who has a passion for his business and his customers.
    Anyway Republic of Vape is staying in my bookmarks as they have always provided a great service and have probably one of the biggest and best juice ranges in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

You should maybe remove his phone number and details from your post?

Advertisement