Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Classes in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-02-2016 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any?

I would love to attend one after I graduate this year to develop my skills in HTML, CSS, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Do you mean formal education or something a bit more informal like the Coderdojo movement (which unfortunately only targets under 18s) but there are some similar groups like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I'm sure there's a few meetups that you can check out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If you can't find anything in Dublin, have a look at udemy.com - they do a wide variety of online training courses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

karaokeman wrote: »
    I would love to attend one after I graduate this year to develop my skills in HTML, CSS, etc.
    Try the Boards archive circa 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I did a 12 week one in FAS Baldoyle a couple of years ago. It was beginner level stuff though. It's hard to progress further, unless you have access to the full range of Dreamweaver software that web designers use to do their thing. It's mega expensive. I had it for the duration of the course, but that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

udemy.com ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

So many of the classroom courses in Dublin aren't great. They're very often out-of-date and promote bad practices.

My advice is to do some up-to-date courses online at the likes of w3schools, udemy or lynda.com which are far better and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

RedXIV wrote: »
    Do you mean formal education or something a bit more informal like the Coderdojo movement (which unfortunately only targets under 18s) but there are some similar groups like this?

Informal, kinda like the way there are music classes everywhere that cater to everyone, not just students.

I ask because I will be qualified as a librarian by September and IT is a skill gap in the profession that I want to work on as it will give me more options.

I'll take online classes if they are my only option.

Advertisement