Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripped RCD reset and no power in sockets?

Options
  • 27-02-2016 7:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

I've accidentally tripped an RCD and when I reset it there's no power in two sockets in the circuit.

Everything on the board is OK, should I be looking for something that's feeding these two sockets, fused spur maybe??:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭greasepalm

sometimes a second switch trips with rcd also .you might have to recheck each by flicking each one off/on or if you have diagram of fuse board check that one that says that area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

greasepalm wrote: »
    sometimes a second switch trips with rcd also .you might have to recheck each by flicking each one off/on or if you have diagram of fuse board check that one that says that area.

That may actually have worked!! Power in all sockets.

Thanks/still a bit confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭greasepalm

yes they partially trip without going down,make a note of when /where and how it happened to monitor it again.

Advertisement