Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Castlebar

Options
  • 27-02-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are looking at properties to rent in Castlebar as we will be moving there within the next month. Ideally, we'd like somewhere very quiet, with no students, within a reasonable distance of Castlebar and Westport. We are kinda flexible on the property itself, it would need to be furnished and ideally modern...lack of carpet would be a distinct bonus! I'd love live in Turlough but rental properties are non-existent as far as I can see.

If anyone has any suggestions on suitable properties, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

galgal07 wrote: »
    Hi,

My boyfriend and I are looking at properties to rent in Castlebar as we will be moving there within the next month. Ideally, we'd like somewhere very quiet, with no students, within a reasonable distance of Castlebar and Westport. We are kinda flexible on the property itself, it would need to be furnished and ideally modern...lack of carpet would be a distinct bonus! I'd love live in Turlough but rental properties are non-existent as far as I can see.

Thanks.

Contact Aoife at http://www.bluepropertyrentals.ie/index.htm

Very helpful and will have something to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

It might be simpler for you to find some properties on daft.ie and post them here. People can give their opinions on how suitable they are for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 galgal07

Thanks Nicol, I tried to post a few but unfortunately I can't post links because I'm a new user

What are people's opinions on St Patrick's Avenue, Spencer Manor, Dunbeag and Aglish? The first place seems like it be very noisy being close to the hospital but I don't know about the others. Any feedback would be great

Aglish is OK, near the town centre, walking distance from schools and shops.

5minutes walk from pubs too!

Houses are pretty well built, built pre boom and are warm enough.

Mainly familys living there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Dunbeg is a very nice and quiet estate. I lived there before I bought my own place. Houses are pretty new and we found ours to be warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I lived in Lakeview on the Rathbawn Road for 6 years and found it great. It's about a mile from town, 10 min walk. Easy access for both sides of town so easy to avoid traffic. It's too far for students which was a bonus. Fairly respectable neighbours too, professionals and families.
    There's a few nice estates out that way and most are furnished, don't expect a TV however.
    Durcan auctioneers were the agent and I found them spot on, quick to get any problems sorted and on the rare occasion I was late with rent there was no problem, rent was weekly which I found handier.
    Anyway hope ye find somewhere nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

galgal07 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Do you have jobs lined up before you make the move, as they are quite a scare commodityhere, also depending on how much nightlife is important to you, have you looked into renting in Westport, it can be dearer though.

Xenji wrote: »
    Do you have jobs lined up before you make the move, as they are quite a scare commodityhere, also depending on how much nightlife is important to you, have you looked into renting in Westport, it can be dearer though.

Jobs will be a problem in any part of Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Jobs will be a problem in any part of Mayo.

Ture, but at least Westport has some nightlife.

• Advertisement

We both have gotten jobs, nightlife is not that important to us. Westport is lovely but we think we'd prefer to be closer to Castlebar; more amenities and slightly cheaper.

We got sorted :) thanks again for all the insights, much appreciated

Advertisement