Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My netbook sees smartphone and tablet, my desktop PC doesn't

Options
  • 27-02-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a smartphone (Sony Xperia Z3c) and a tablet (Asus MemoPad 8" ME581).
    When I connect them to my netbook (ACER with Win7 Starter) I can transfer file from and to these devices.
    When I connect them to my desktop PC (Win7 HE), with the same cable, I don't see them. I tried several USB ports. At the same ports I have connected a pendrive and needless to say that it works fine.
    Any idea about what the problem is?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're missing a driver on the desktop so it cant mount the device.

If you install the Sony PC software for your phone it'll automatically add MTP drivers to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

ED E wrote: »
    You're missing a driver on the desktop so it cant mount the device.

If you install the Sony PC software for your phone it'll automatically add MTP drivers to the system.

Yes, the netbook has the Sony PC software installed, but the PC at work has no software installed, though it works fine.
    And will the Sony software help for the Asus too?
    Again, the tablet works with the netbook and at work, but not on the desktop.
    All the three PC has Win7 (Starter, HE and Enterprise).
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I also tried with a new USB-microUSB cable, to no avail... :(
    Ho w could I force the desktop PC to downlaod and install the necessary drivers? And why doesn't it have them already?

Advertisement