Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got my first dripping atty, tips?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Has anyone tried some vertical coil builds? Just wondering if they find them better/worse than horizontal? for flavour and wicking

Haven't built a vertical since the Aga T and one I cant think of the name,using silica wick and mesh,great flavour at low watts only problem was that those tanks leaked like hell and nothing seemed to stem the flow out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have since tried some verticals, but they weren't performing very well. I was actually getting worse spit-back and popping from them than horizontals.

BcyWdu7.jpg

I had the cotton dipping down into the well, and fluffed up on top, the idea was that when I juiced through the wide bore tip, it would soak right down through the cotton. I thought also that any spitting would fire sideways and just hit the walls. but of course the coils are direct across from the air holes, and the coils were spitting out through there anyway.

Might be just my crappy build, but I'll stick to horizontals for now :D I tried at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Not much wrong with those coils,try an ordinary 20 to 26 guage kanthal vertical macro coil using a 3 or 4mm bit,there should be no spit back with those,saying that,some juices are prone for spitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah sorry for the image size, thought images got resized when posting here. I think those were on a 3mm screwdriver. I have a 2.5mm also and have some 28 and 26g kanthal. Might give it another go

Advertisement