Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 1), March 4-5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Good early confidence booster today with the 2-0 win against Dundalk, thoroughly deserved and for the first time in a while completely overpowered them at times. Bolger was superb and Maguire gives an extra dimension up there this season. If City had been as dirty as Dundalk were today we would have rightfully been criticised, so we'll see how that pans out as the season develops.

Looking forward to Bohs match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did a Cork fan say another team was filthy?

Oh its back baby!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We're (Shels) actually 7:45 kickoffs at home this season, incase anyone from here is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Four and a half month off season for us!!!

And still my enthusiasm ain't too high....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Having been frozen in Tallaght and Belfield for pre-season, surely the season could be postponed for a couple of months until it warms up a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't wait for Saturday. Opportunity has arisen for me to head up to the game, it's been too long.

Is Gartland suspended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Doing the over night in Cork. Really looking forward to seeing Kurtis Byrne in action for us. Could be a really great game.

EDIT: The game is live on RTE too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Can't wait for Friday. Always like playing bohs, should be a good crowd as long as the weather is not too bad. I think city will be there at there about again this year, a good start is imperative, 3 points Friday please!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Cant get to a game for a while yet. But really looking forward to seeing how the likes of Byrne and Waters do. I think having the experience of Jason Byrne in the squad could do wonders for the development of Swan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cobh....

It's good to be back though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CCFC introducing a smoking ban in the ground. Great news, but I really cannot see how it will be enforced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

gimmick wrote: »
    CCFC introducing a smoking ban in the ground. Great news, but I really cannot see how it will be enforced.

They tried this in Oriel and it failed miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Think It might only be the stands

21/25

They tried this in Oriel and it failed miserably.

They don't allow smoking/not enforce a ban in the wooden stand in Oriel, do they? That's a massive safety risk. A lit cigarette was what started the Bradford City stadium fire. Though, I would think (or hope) that some of the issues with that - eg, years of accumulated rubbish under the stand - isn't an issue with Oriel's main stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fairly certain Tolka has a strict no smoking in the stands rule tbh.

Also:
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news/3981/New_Tolka_Park_Family_Zone_for_2016_Season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    They don't allow smoking/not enforce a ban in the wooden stand in Oriel, do they? That's a massive safety risk. A lit cigarette was what started the Bradford City stadium fire. Though, I would think (or hope) that some of the issues with that - eg, years of accumulated rubbish under the stand - isn't an issue with Oriel's main stand.

Loads of people smoke in all areas of Oriel.

Theirs more smoke in the Shed in Oriel with all their Cannabis (even players have tweeted joking about it) than in Amsterdam.

In saying that, the stewards in Oriel are useless! Even the searching on the way into the ground, is only done on people they know wont have cans etc.... Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Harps warning that all tickets will be gone before the match on friday. Derry have taken 850. Be great to start back in front of 4500!

also seems Barry molloy has signed for us 25 left open in the squad list today. Although he wont be registered for friday. Think 10 new faces in the close season is a job well done by Ollie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fitting that it's bucketing down snow on what feels like Christmas- it's LOI opening day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Going to be buzzing in Ballybofey tonight.
    Derry have sold all their ticket allocation of 800 odd. Requested another couple of hundred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I hate judging a team on pre season but I really do think Cork City look the part this year. Big shake up in the squad getting rid of the Dads Army and bringing in the likes of Bolger, Morrissey, Dooley and McGuire, Bolger in particular looks to be Caulfields finest signing. We bossed Dundalk off the pitch last Saturday in a game where no matter who says what, both teams were absolutely going for it. But all that will count for nothing if we cant do it tonight against the 24-hour Party People. I think we will win 3-0.

Good to be back.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Away to Cork is about as hard as league openers come, but we've kept the bulk of last season's squad and added a few decent players on top of that so time to see if we can make a challenge for europe.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Away to Cork is about as hard as league openers come, but we've kept the bulk of last season's squad and added a few decent players on top of that so time to see if we can make a challenge for europe.

We've got some nice options now and we've got some nice creative options in midfield which we've been sorely lacking for a while now.

Kurtis Byrne by all accounts looked outstanding in pre-season and I can't wait to see his link up play with Akinade. We've got a nice balance to that team and Lopes/Bucko in midfield will need to add a bit of bite to nullify Cork's attacking threat tonight.

As you say, big test but we have a good group of players who will give it all for their team. I for one can't wait to head down later.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Won't make it down myself unfortunately, at least it's on the box.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Won't make it down myself unfortunately, at least it's on the box.

I have a feeling that because it's on TV and the conditions, it'll cause a few to cry off last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

That_Guy wrote: »
    I have a feeling that because it's on TV and the conditions, it'll cause a few to cry off last minute.

Is the snow bad up the country? Its perfect conditions down here for a game of ball.

Not liking these reports of colder weather to come, bray is bad enough as it is. Here in Cork it's grand for a game, cold alright but dry at least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Was supposed to be in Dublin tonight but heading down tomorrow instead. Never bothered to get have a ticket for Ballybofey though. Currently debating whether it's worth the trip and chancing my way in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

irish_goat wrote: »
    Was supposed to be in Dublin tonight but heading down tomorrow instead. Never bothered to get have a ticket for Ballybofey though. Currently debating whether it's worth the trip and chancing my way in.

could try. Derry fans have been advised not to travel if they dont have one... altho it wouldnt be like the loi not to squeeze ya in!
    “There are definitely still limited numbers of tickets at the Balor Theatre in Ballybofey; JP Bookmakers, Main Street, Killybegs; Kernans Eurospar Newtowncunningham; McCarron’s Butchers, Raphoe; McCauley’s Restaurant, Lifford and Michael Murphy Sports, Letterkenny (currently no adult tickets),” Campbell said.
    if your near any of the above.. according to the sportshub theyre trying to move some about to the sold out places but advising they will be gone before the afternoon is out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Hopeful of a point in Cork tonight, they’ve a lot of new players so maybe a good time to play them before they figure out how to knit it all toghether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bateman wrote: »
    Hopeful of a point in Cork tonight, they’ve a lot of new players so maybe a good time to play them before they figure out how to knit it all toghether

Not a chance :P

If ye come at us, you'll leave too much space for the players we have, and if ye sit deep (which ye will) the pressure will finally tell, I expect 10+ city corners too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

What gambling sites will have the games streamed? PaddyPower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Maybe, maybe not. You often find these games to be very stand-offish. 0-0 is a live runner.

Certainly won't be easy for us. Bohs have a good team. Maybe not title challengers, but they're definitely in contention for Europe. They weren't too far last season. So, they're well capable of taking points off the top teams (Dundalk last season). We're obviously favourites, but we'll have to work hard if we're to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What gambling sites will have the games streamed? PaddyPower?

BWIN. They only have Pats v Galway listed for video tonight so far, but maybe they'll add the rest later.

Can't be viewed from an Irish IP or a BWIN account registered in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Got sorted with a ticket. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Can't wait to get down the cross tonight, great to be back!

Bit cold and windy in Cork at the moment but it's dry!

Cheers!
    Hoors will hardly be down in Ferrycarraig so! 

Do you have a link to the schedule please?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bateman wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. You often find these games to be very stand-offish. 0-0 is a live runner.

1-0 home win would be very likely for an opening game on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cheers!
    Hoors will hardly be down in Ferrycarraig so! 

Do you have a link to the schedule please?

Can't link directly to it as the bwin site uses flash, but if you go here and click on the calendar you can see the schedule.
    OBAWSto.png

• Advertisement

Would have thought it would make sense to have the champions on the telly for the season opener but what do I know?

Oat23 wrote:
    and click on the calendar you can see the schedule.
    Can't link directly to it as the bwin site uses flash, but if you go
    Many many thanks!

Pitch in Cork looks quite cut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Home ye go Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

football is a bit **** in fairness.

Great win for city. Crap first half , very cold and windy but we stepped it up in the second half and were by far the better team. Bohs were poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

That pitch was desperate. Disgraceful for the first game of the season.

Raoul wrote: »
    That pitch was desperate. Disgraceful for the first game of the season.

True, it's not as if we've had the wettest winter with snow and ice recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Good win for City. Nice depth in the squad this year. Maguire looks decent. Wonder will it come back to bite Kenny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hon Galway united

• Advertisement
Advertisement