Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 1), March 4-5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, it's not as if we've had the wettest winter with snow and ice recently.

It was in an awful way before kick off. Not much snow or ice in Turners Cross either. Can forgive the heaviness, but it was patchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Panthro wrote: »
    Hon Galway united

Top of the table! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

What a return to the Premier Division for Finn Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Tough lesson for Wexford Youths tonight. Controlled a lot of the second half but at the same time never tested Skinner. Onto the next one.

Also had my first night commentating a game. Interesting experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mushy wrote: »
    It was in an awful way before kick off. Not much snow or ice in Turners Cross either. Can forgive the heaviness, but it was patchy.

Exactly. Look at the state of the six yard box. Has the pitch been in use in the off-season?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cant complain too much about the result in Cork, 2 terrible goals to give away but we were poor going forward, particularly in the 2nd half.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Given the weather in Cork for the last few months it's no surprise the pitch isn't great. Of course it was going to be heavy. I'm sure it will be back in shape soon though.

Nice 2nd half from us last night. Completely controlled it without going full tilt. Bolger looks a great acquisition. Likewise McGuire. Hoolohan and Turner had poor outings as did Eoin O Connell.

Job done though. Good 3 points to start with. Another 3 against Derry next week and we are off to a flyer.

gimmick wrote: »
    Given the weather in Cork for the last few months it's no surprise the pitch isn't great. Of course it was going to be heavy. I'm sure it will be back in shape soon though.

Nice 2nd half from us last night. Completely controlled it without going full tilt. Bolger looks a great acquisition. Likewise McGuire. Hoolohan and Turner had poor outings as did Eoin O Connell.

Job done though. Good 3 points to start with. Another 3 against Derry next week and we are off to a flyer.

I'd assume he complaining is about it being very patchy before kick off even. But sure its done now.

Cork very much deserved winners really, Bohs didn't create much in terms of chances. Maguire looks clinical.

Few mad results last night. Itching to get up to Bray now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

What a night in Finn Park. Packed to the rafters and beating the muckers!

Did the bwin site stream any of the games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cant complain too much about the result in Cork, 2 terrible goals to give away but we were poor going forward, particularly in the 2nd half.

I can't remember any shots on target and I was at the bloody game. Desperate stuff.

Whatever "surprise package" tag we had last season is long gone. Got absolutely bullied off the ball far too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

That_Guy wrote: »
    I can't remember any shots on target and I was at the bloody game. Desperate stuff.

Whatever "surprise package" tag we had last season is long gone. Got absolutely bullied off the ball far too easily.

Yeah. Bohs looked very lightweight. No presence in the centre of the park and relying on a centre half who last season was supposed to be only a stand-in.

Attacking wise, the tactic seemed to be to rely on Akinade out bustling Corks supposed slow centre halves. Not easy to do on a mud patch, it made life very difficult for Akinade.

Kurtis Byrne did what he did during his last two seasons at Dundalk, frustrate fans and players alike. Kelly was anonymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a night in Finn Park. Packed to the rafters and beating the muckers!

Did the bwin site stream any of the games?

They had the Pat's & Cork games. None for the games in Wexford or Ballybofey.

Oat23 wrote: »
    They had the Pat's & Cork games. None for the games in Wexford or Ballybofey.

There was no stream for our game? They did bring a camera :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Delighted with the result but it wasnt looking good after the 1st half. Second 45 was much more controlling from City and young Maguire took his goals really well. 4 thousand at the Cross which was actually disappointing for a season opener against Bohs. Really didnt like the look of the Turners Cross pitch, it hasnt been that bad in a long time but I suppose it has been raining for around 6 months straight. I feel its a game we would have drew 0-0 if it was last season with B.Dennehy taking pointless shots from 40 yards out. Greg Bolger is an absolute gem, what a player this guy is.

There was no stream for our game? They did bring a camera :confused:

Definitely was none for your game. Maybe the network at the stadium isn't ready to stream them? I'd assume an outfit like trackchamp would use their own, dedicated internet connection for the feeds.

• Advertisement

Definitely was none for your game. Maybe the network at the stadium isn't ready to stream them? I'd assume an outfit like trackchamp would use their own, dedicated internet connection for the feeds.

Possibly yeah, we have a few different connections, I know they're fine for doing online audio commentary but I'm not sure how much bandwidth they need for a stable video stream.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Another season, another UCD red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Shams fans disgracing themselves as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Shams fans disgracing themselves as usual.

What are they up to now?

monkey9 wrote: »
    What are they up to now?

Read on twitter that the ultras were letting off flares inside a pub, people injured. Have no idea if that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Read on twitter that the ultras were letting off flares inside a pub, people injured. Have no idea if that's true.
    That plus fighting amongst themselves in the stand, few taken out by Gardai. They've also got brought a banner calling our manager a war criminal.

Its just the minority though as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Model Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just a minority I guess. So let's ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hearing they stole a Sligo flag, set fire to it and accidentally set one of their own flags on fire in the process. :pac:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Hearing they stole a Sligo flag, set fire to it and accidentally set one of their own flags on fire in the process. :pac:

Are you serious? :pac:

Disappointed with the result. We played some nice stuff but made some silly tackles. Lost to a great freekick in the end.
    We were actually the better team for periods when it was 11 v 10. Next week is another though game and two losses to start wouldn't be ideal for a young squad like ours.

Whenever they come to town you always end up talking about their fans. Disgraceful again. I know they're not all bad, but the decent ones stand by and watch the thugs do what they do game after game and don't say anything. They are just as bad because of that.
    Judging by the amount of scumbags that were able/willing to travel to the other side of the country for tonight's game, it's far more than a small problem they have..
    Smoke bombs, but the rest is true. Think 1 guy got hit with a beer bottle or something. They closed the pub then.
    Good friday & traveller weddings are the only things that can close a pub's doors here..add shams fans to that list now :pac:.

No complaints here, Dundalk very comfortable all game.

Enough flares to bankrupt them though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A very pleasing three points. Too many games like that were drawn last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

No complaints here, Dundalk very comfortable all game.

Enough flares to bankrupt them though
    after last night i hope im wrong but isnt the home club fined?

overshoot wrote: »
    after last night i hope im wrong but isnt the home club fined?

I'd hope not cos there was zero effort to get rid of those letting them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sweet Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Disappointed with the result. We played some nice stuff but made some silly tackles. Lost to a great freekick in the end.
    We were actually the better team for periods when it was 11 v 10. Next week is another though game and two losses to start wouldn't be ideal for a young squad like ours.

Whenever they come to town you always end up talking about their fans. Disgraceful again. I know they're not all bad, but the decent ones stand by and watch the thugs do what they do game after game and don't say anything. They are just as bad because of that.
    Judging by the amount of scumbags that were able/willing to travel to the other side of the country for tonight's game, it's far more than a small problem they have..

Smoke bombs, but the rest is true. Think 1 guy got hit with a beer bottle or something. They closed the pub then.
    Good friday & traveller weddings are the only things that can close a pub's doors here..add shams fans to that list now :pac:.

Sligo should of equalised just before we got our second they were probably the better team in the second half we should of killed them off early in the second when they were down to 10. Didnt see the challenge for the red just the afters.

As for what our lot were up to in the pub there was no flares or smoke bombs let off, support from both sides had a bit of handbags after Sligo lads got offended by a few chants & supposedly called Miltown "a carpark" why this is an excuse for things to kick off god knows

the lads in the stand our "support" they should be locked up & the key thrown away, they weren't interested in the match just there to provoke the Garda & stewards, it took the Garda to get them off the wall despite the rest of our support telling them to get down for first 5-10mins & why people think it's funny or fun to rip up a seat & signage and throw it at stewards is beyond me (this said it was the minority few but as always its the bad things that are reported )

didn't see any flag robbing or burning myself, our support was held back for a good 20mins after FT & all bus's were parked in the stadium carpark or at the entrance & Garda didnt let us go till all bus's were ready so can't see that many being around after that for things to kick off again

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

DermoMIO wrote: »

As for what our lot were up to in the pub there was no flares or smoke bombs let off, support from both sides had a bit of handbags after Sligo lads got offended by a few chants & supposedly called Miltown "a carpark" why this is an excuse for things to kick off god knows

I was in O'Neills down the road from the ground, there most certainly was a smoke bomb and it was followed by classes and bottles being thrown by the crowd who let it off. Saw one lad with a fairly nasty looking cut across the forehead when I was leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

I was in O'Neills down the road from the ground, there most certainly was a smoke bomb and it was followed by classes and bottles being thrown by the crowd who let it off. Saw one lad with a fairly nasty looking cut across the forehead when I was leaving.

yea my bad just seen it on twitter, must of been after I'd of left I went into the stadium bout 10mins b4 KO

I'd hope not cos there was zero effort to get rid of those letting them off.

The stewards looked for assistance from the Gardai to remove the one lad who was lighting all the flares. They told him that they were there "to observe".

Apparently the lad is a 14 year old and was there with about 10 of his Junior Cert class. Older Dundalk fans were booing them and telling them to *** off.

I heard that the lads are identified, photographed, and will hear from the football club very shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

meanwhile gardai at pats were getting thick about flags :rolleyes:

A great first game for galway the squad is looking much fuller this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Sweet Jaysus.

I think the eternal question of who ate all the pies has been finally answered.

Sweet Jaysus.

I thought Danny North was playing. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bit mean to be taking the piss out of a fellow LOI fan (even if it is Rovers) for just being at a match and happening to be photographed.

• Advertisement

meanwhile gardai at pats were getting thick about flags :rolleyes:

A great first game for galway the squad is looking much fuller this year

What flags? I doubt the Guards would care about flags. :confused:

Didn't the Gardai have a big issue with Linfield fans and their flags in the Setanta cup?

doncarlos wrote: »
    I think the eternal question of who ate all the pies has been finally answered.
    I thought Danny North was playing. :confused:

Are you lads members of the juvenile division?

The lads in the maroon army had a starry plough, a Palestine flag and a few others, they were approached by gardai and stewards about them, the stewards were sound about it the gardai less sound from what I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

The lads in the maroon army had a starry plough, a Palestine flag and a few others, they were approached by gardai and stewards about them, the stewards were sound about it the gardai less sound from what I heard
    Dead right.

Why the **** would anybody bring a Palestine/political flag to a League of Ireland game?

You can be sure the hippies flying those flags at Terryland won't pay the fine we receive from the FAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Hon the Harps! What a result! Marred by a few Derry fans that ripped Stole and urinated on some flags.

Smart of them to admit to pissing on them on social media though

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I seen the Palestinian one in the stand alright.

Dead right.

Why the **** would anybody bring a Palestine/political flag to a League of Ireland game?

You can be sure the hippies flying those flags at Terryland won't pay the fine we receive from the FAI.

I'm not to pushed what flags are flown, and I wouldnt consider the national flag of Palestine political (no more than a tricolour is) I actually think the starry plough as a historical flag is well suited

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dead right.

Why would the FAI fine a club for Palestine flags? They cant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Im sure the Palestine lads will feel alot better now that a Galway lad showed their flag at a LOI game, a great sense of comfort for them I'd imagine.

Mindless attention seeking once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

CHealy wrote: »
    Im sure the Palestine lads will feel alot better now that a Galway lad showed their flag at a LOI game, a great sense of comfort for them I'd imagine.

Mindless attention seeking once again.

You could say the same about any flag any clubs fans have!

• Advertisement
Advertisement