Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 1), March 4-5

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

You could say the same about any flag any clubs fans have!

Not in a million years. Theres a huge difference with me hanging a tricolour with Cork City FC on it and a fella from Galway displaying a Palestine flag. One is a flag with the team I follow on the country Im from, the other is an idiot who probably hasn't a scooby doo about the situation over there using that flag for a bit of attention. I know Dundalk fans like to think they are brothers with Palestine aswell so maybe thats why you cant understand how stupid it is.

Keep politics out of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    I know Dundalk fans like to think they are brothers with Palestine aswell so maybe thats why you cant understand how stupid it is.

"Some" Dundalk fans think like that.

I couldn't give a monkeys, to be honest.

"Some" Dundalk fans think like that.

I couldn't give a monkeys, to be honest.

And rightly so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Not in a million years. Theres a huge difference with me hanging a tricolour with Cork City FC on it and a fella from Galway displaying a Palestine flag. One is a flag with the team I follow on the country Im from, the other is an idiot who probably hasn't a scooby doo about the situation over there using that flag for a bit of attention. I know Dundalk fans like to think they are brothers with Palestine aswell so maybe thats why you cant understand how stupid it is.

Keep politics out of football.

You need to get a life, if a flag upsets you that much!

You need to get a life, if a flag upsets you that much!

I apologize deeply for discussing a topic on an internet discussion forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I apologize deeply for discussing a topic on an internet discussion forum.

You now going to have a go at Cork fans for throwing flares on the pitch in the Aviva, alot worse than waving a Palestine flag!

You now going to have a go at Cork fans for throwing flares on the pitch in the Aviva, alot worse than waving a Palestine flag!

You are of course right, but its a totally different discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Writing the name of a football club on your own national flag is worse again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

dan1895 wrote: »

A pet hate of mine. It's very disrespectful.

:rolleyes:

As long as theres nothing on our dear Palestine flag its alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I don't really give a toss what flags people bring, as long as it's nothing overtly racist or hateful. I'm much more bothered about the likes of the smoke bomb in the pub in Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

While it can't be enforced as law putting any writing on the flag is against all rules and protocols of the flag

:rolleyes:

As long as theres nothing on our dear Palestine flag its alright.

That's not our national flag so who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's tacky as f*ck and quite disrespectful. I love the Ireland flags you see at Premiership/Championship/League One games daubed with Tranmere Rovers FC written on them or the likes.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's tacky as f*ck and quite disrespectful. I love the Ireland flags you see at Premiership games daubed with Tranmere FC written on them or the likes.

Who's the prat at Ireland games with "Chelsea" in big blue letters across the Irish Tricolour? If ever there was someone who deserves a smack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jesus this is some yawnfest, give it a rest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ye are worse than the fleggers up north lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Do the FAI publish any metrics eg attendances to see if there's any growth first round this year compared to first round last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

howiya wrote: »
    Do the FAI publish any metrics eg attendances to see if there's any growth first round this year compared to first round last year?

Not that I know of, but Extratime did their own article on it

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/15957/gameweek-1/

Although I don't put much faith in there being 902 at Cabinteely vs Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

howiya wrote: »
    extratime have it up. Overall up a thousand on last year
    Harps - Derry the highest attended, cork just behind and another 1000 back to sligo in third.

link

Advertisement