Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for an event in a hotel function room?

Options
  • 27-02-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

Could anyone advise me if I need to get my own insurance to run a market type event in a hotel function room or does the hotel's public liability insurace cover my stall holders and customers?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Higmo

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Have you checked with the hotel? You will usually need to indemnify the venue of any risks associated with your event (regardless of the type of event).

If it were me, as well as having my own as the organiser, I'd be insisting that all of the stall-holders carry their own PL & EL insurance.

These guys will enlighten you - IOMST and MAST

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Higmo

Thanks Rogue-Trooper. You're spot on. I need my own and ideally the business stallholders should have their own too. Private sellers will be covered by my policy.

MAST were very helpful. Now hopefully the market does well enogh to cover the cost of the insurance and then some!

Advertisement