Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dog is shivering/trembling

• 27-02-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

my dog is shivering or trembling on and off for the past few days. he was at the groomers last weekend so I'm worried he has a chill. it's still cold out but he sleeps inside in a dog bed with a blanket and is by the fireside with us most evenings. he is eating, drinking, running around and seems happy as usual other than this. he was at groomers once before and didn't shiver or tremble after but it was summer so much warmer. he is a 10 year old springer spaniel.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

There's no doubt, clipping the coat even a wee bit at this time of the year will make them feel colder, and older dogs definitely feel the cold more too.
    Have you a jacket for him? No harm to help him along til he adjusts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭utmbuilder

yeah its so cold at the moment, was it his first clipping would he be nervous after it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

mine does that when she gets groomed in the colder weather - keep a jumper on him perhaps to keep him warm....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

utmbuilder wrote: »
    yeah its so cold at the moment, was it his first clipping would he be nervous after it?

I doubt it's nerves, other than his cold receptors! How's he doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 arbf1

he is still shivering at times, it has been really cold though especially with the snow this week, he is fine otherwise...I ordered a coat, thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

While you're waiting for the coat could you put an old jumper on him? My Rhodesian has a quilted waterproof coat for outdoors but if she's indoors and it's cool I stick an old hoody on her (drawstrings removed). She loves it.

Advertisement