Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Tipperary - I've a question

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭toptom

Micheal Lowry is a gent and a hard honest working man, I'v known him for decades and he does great work for Thurles and our hinterland, A finer politician you wont get in other areas.

toptom wrote: »
    Micheal Lowry is a gent and a hard honest working man, I'v known him for decades and he does great work for Thurles and our hinterland, A finer politician you wont get in other areas.

That's all grand and fine, but what does he do for the Country? He IS a TD after all, not a county councillor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's all grand and fine, but what does he do for the Country? He IS a TD after all, not a county councillor.

Yes, and where is his constituency?

If he's not part of the government what can he do for the country in opposition?? Very little.

He does some wonderful things for tipperary and will be a huge loss next term.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

There in lies the problem.
    He has judiciously protected his position by working as a super County Councillor.
    From a strategic perspective none of the independents elected in Tipp North or South before amalgamation did anything of significance for the county.

Yet they played the game and got reelected time after time.

Its not just Tipperary though.

Some of the more exotic groupings lack a coherent plan bar tax the rich, which in their world view is usually some one but themselves.

People need to be a bit more discerning in who they elect.

We have Finna Fail trying to play the abolition of domestic rates card again,
    That stroke all those years ago emasculated the base of the local authorities and left us with the structure we have with no proper revenue stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

toptom wrote: »
    Is he honest. Did he cheat taxes or take money from Denis O'Brien?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

if that is the level of your contributions I will not be responding again

Sure lots of people think they are writers ☺

Advertisement