Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icb report

• 28-02-2016 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey All

I previously a few years ago lived abroad and i was in an accident and sick for many months, i had a low limit student credit card which got unpaid for nearly 7 months and revoked etc.

About 6 months ago i contacted the bank and cleared all directly with them.

My question is previously on my icb it showed the revoked card with all the missed payments but when i cleared it, it then was not my my report. I thought i filled in wrong details so waited 2 months and got another one. Same again shows my current credit card with every payment on time but no mention of the revoked which i cleared.

I am applying for mortage and i am in a job with a 60k salary and have no loans bar a credit card i pay off on time every month. After learningy lesson with taking so long to pay my card off aftery accident i am not very on time and healthy with my banking.

I applied for my mortage and i noticed the bank done a credir check. But no ICB score ? I have a CC with the same bank.

Just not sure if what the bank sees exactlty as i thought bad credit history stays on your report for 5 years? Or is the report only some of the info i got back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

BUMP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

The bank will only see what you see on the ICB report. The only way the lender will know about the revoked credit card is if you apply to that same lender for the mortgage as it will be on their records. Yes the history is supposed to stay on your record for 5 years after loan is repaid.

Log-on wrote: »
    Hey All

I previously a few years ago lived abroad and i was in an accident and sick for many months, i had a low limit student credit card which got unpaid for nearly 7 months and revoked etc.

About 6 months ago i contacted the bank and cleared all directly with them.

My question is previously on my icb it showed the revoked card with all the missed payments but when i cleared it, it then was not my my report. I thought i filled in wrong details so waited 2 months and got another one. Same again shows my current credit card with every payment on time but no mention of the revoked which i cleared.

I am applying for mortage and i am in a job with a 60k salary and have no loans bar a credit card i pay off on time every month. After learningy lesson with taking so long to pay my card off aftery accident i am not very on time and healthy with my banking.

I applied for my mortage and i noticed the bank done a credir check. But no ICB score ? I have a CC with the same bank.

Just not sure if what the bank sees exactlty as i thought bad credit history stays on your report for 5 years? Or is the report only some of the info i got back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I had an issue with a credit card some years back... when I cleared it they acted as though I had cleared it 4 years ago... so maybe something similar happened to you? Was it AIB?

Advertisement