Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help remembering old Mew event

• 28-02-2016 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm trying to remember the Dublin nintendo promotional event from back in the day where they gave out Mew to people. There was a tournament held as well.

I remember my Mom bringing me to it after much begging as I wanted Mew more than anything in the world at the time :pac:

I think it was on in a shopping centre but my memory fails me. I did a search to see if there were any write ups about it but I guess it was just too long ago.

I remember being the first one to get Mew because I ran straight up to the setups which were SNES's that you put your cart into and they downloaded Mew onto it. I was having trouble figuring it out when I saw a distressed looking Nintendo rep running over to me. Turns out they hadn't even formed the queue yet but I had somehow managed to make my way to the consoles none the less :o But fair juice to her she was a nice girl and downloaded Mew for me before my apologetic and embarrassed mother dragged me away. The last thing I remember seeing was a sea of very angry looking faces of the people behind the stanchions who had probably queued since early morning :D

Was anyone here in attendance or even remember it? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was held in a shopping centre in swords/santry. Possibly the omni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yes, you're right, it was Swords!

Damn, I'd love to see some pictures of that day; if they even exist. I remember being so happy :pac:

EDIT*:

Did a little digging and found an image of the machine for anyone who's interested:

Mew_machine.jpg

It was the first generation of event exclusives. Year must have been 1998/9

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Distribution_devices

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Event_Pok%C3%A9mon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was at it, think I still have my Mew, but not checked my copy of P-Blue in ages......sure hope the battery hasnt died.

And curse Rage, gave my Articuno it without realising how s***e it is.

Advertisement