Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting more business

Options
  • 28-02-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm in business 6 years, our yearly T/O has stagnated in the past few years. Our business is a service based business with customers generally needing services once every three - five years.

My question is, how do we generate more sales leads in a cost effective way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

What sector?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You haven't given any details on how you got your current clients.

General assumption would be that you need to advertise / market more..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mickeybradley

It's legal work, so it wouldn't be high volume. We currently use google and calendars.

Blacknight, your missing the point, cost effective advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its almost like you are deliberately making it hard for people to help! When you say google and calendars do you mean you're running and AdWords campaign and sending out free calendars?

I would have thought for legal work AdWords is going to offer the best results as google is likely to be where people head when looking for legal work unless they already know someone. If you are already using AdWords how competitive are the keywords you are targeting?

How much have you put into your website? For me personally this would be absolutely key if your website isn't looking smart its going to give me the impression the company is the same.

What are you doing to try and get customers to refer you? That would be a key thing to target for me if I were you in your area and to make sure I had a system to measure it too.

Are you a member of any trader associations or BID teams? Be a good way of getting some face time with potential corporate clients.

what's a BID team?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Business Improvement District - basically a community made of up local businesses in a town or city.

As an example - http://www.dunlaoghairebid.ie/

what's a BID team?

That's what you reply with!

jimmii wrote: »
    That's what you reply with!

Are you in business or completing a leaving cert course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

I would proffer that this comment pretty much sums up why your business is finding it hard to gain new customers. I can only suggest a Dale Carnegie "How to win friends and influence people" course.

No like everyone I'm a potential client. Good luck getting new work. If you can't answer the questions I asked then there are things you really need to address before going after new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭route9

jimmii wrote: »
    No like everyone I'm a potential client. Good luck getting new work. If you can't answer the questions I asked then there are things you really need to address before going after new customers.

I think he is, as they say jimmii, having a larf.

route9 wrote: »
    I think he is, as they say jimmii, having a larf.

Maybe it's a Junior Cert project.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Axwell wrote: »
    Business Improvement District - basically a community made of up local businesses in a town or city.

As an example - http://www.dunlaoghairebid.ie/

I had never heard of those before....Dun Laoghaire the only place with them??

I had never heard of those before....Dun Laoghaire the only place with them??

There's a city centre one too that I was part of they are who is behind dublintown.ie and they put on events in the city mostly around Henry St. There's business groups everywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SBG387

Hi MickeyBradley,

I'm no marketing guru but I do run my own business (IT consultancy area - Although I'm still unclear what 'consultant' really means). Almost by accident, I get into discussions with some of my clients about how they can improve their lead generation activities. My clients tell me the advice is valuable. And none of them have gone out of business yet!

Perhaps I'm being naive but you've posted a question on a public forum so I'm assuming you are serious about trying to improve your lead generation capabilities. I'd like to help and I'm sure there are others here who would too. But we need a few pointers to get the discussion started.

Either here or via pm, can you give a quick summary of how you have generated leads for your business before, how your business got started with your existing clients etc?

Advertisement