Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photocopying on Sunday AM

Options
  • 28-02-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get some photocopying done in the city on Sunday morning. Happy Days in GSC open at 10 and have copier. Anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I was caught like that recently and used Kelly's however they're closed today. Surely a few corner shops/pharmacies still have them? Let us know for posterity OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I was caught like that recently and used Kelly's however they're closed today. Surely a few corner shops/pharmacies still have them? Let us know for posterity OP.

I will do that sir, I will indeed. But to misquote Capt. Oates I may be some time.
    Sometimes I just need a page or two done as early as possible on a Sunday and the internet cafes like the one on Sea Road is closed. Fone Net, I think it's called on Eyre Street opens at about 12. There used to be a copier in the small supermarket in lower salthill but i think that's gone now.
    Now that I think of it the garage in salthill used to have one but i haven't been in it for at least five or six years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bobbyss wrote: »
    I will do that sir, I will indeed. But to misquote Capt. Oates I may be some time.
    Sometimes I just need a page or two done as early as possible on a Sunday and the internet cafes like the one on Sea Road is closed. Fone Net, I think it's called on Eyre Street opens at about 12. There used to be a copier in the small supermarket in lower salthill but i think that's gone now.
    Now that I think of it the garage in salthill used to have one but i haven't been in it for at least five or six years.

A cheap inkjet printer that scans costs about 50 yoyo. Ink ain't cheap, but if you're only doing small quantities it works out ok. And while you might only spend say E1 a time in a shop, the convenience of having it in your living room is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I actually had to copy stuff urgently yesterday and the while its not city center the shop next door to o connors pub in salthill have a small copier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The vaping place on Forster St which seems to have diversified into a coffee shop and Internet place also does copying. Don't know its hours though.
    Also a little place in Shantalla around the corner from Cookes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

A cheap inkjet printer that scans costs about 50 yoyo. Ink ain't cheap, but if you're only doing small quantities it works out ok. And while you might only spend say E1 a time in a shop, the convenience of having it in your living room is pretty impressive.

Yes, I am embarrassed and ashamed to say I have one (I think) somewhere gathering dust but it's not connected up and don't know how to use it. That's a terrible thing to say I know. Especially when I only want the odd pages copied. I must have a look for it however. It must be somewhere. I really must get my act together and sum up the courage to plug it in.

Technology,I find, is a pain in the ares. Everytime I go near it, it breaks down. Facebook, streaming, what's app, snap chat are words I hear people use and they mean nothing to me. But what I have heard about some of them, that's no bad thing. It may be better to be bog ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

To operate as a scanner, it doesn't even need to be connected to a computer. Just plugged in, and with an ink cartridge.

Advertisement