Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 & online gaming problems

Options
  • 28-02-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi

My son has a Xbox 360 and has been chatting to his friends online and has persuaded me to allow him play games online with his friends. We bought a 3 month subscription to Xbox Live (gold) but the "join game" option is greyed out.

we have rebooted the router and the Xbox but still no luck ....anyone have any ideas?

Molly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

molly111 wrote: »
    Hi

My son has a Xbox 360 and has been chatting to his friends online and has persuaded me to allow him play games online with his friends. We bought a 3 month subscription to Xbox Live (gold) but the "join game" option is greyed out.

we have rebooted the router and the Xbox but still no luck ....anyone have any ideas?

Molly
    What game is he playing? Has he tried to accept game invites from his friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭molly111

He is playing Terraria and he has tried to accept and create game invites but the options to do so are greyed out.

He can create parties and private chats

He is playing Terraria and he has tried to accept and create game invites but the options to do so are greyed out.

He can create parties and private chats

Have they their game / his game set to online? it's there as you load up your save. you need to check the box to play online in terraria and I recommend checking the other box for invite only, though that said I've had issues getting people into my game on the xbox one version when invite only is checked.

Neither of those options can be selected .....

Perhaps a network test in the settings. Go to settings then network and there should be a test there.

This might highlight a potential issue preventing joining.

Also is there any other game he can use to test that it's not just the current game he is playing.

Are parental settings active on the Xbox? Joining chat and online games may be turned off there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hi

Molly

was the 360 new when you bought it or did you get it second hand?

Hi

Sorry about not responding all week. The Xbox was bought secondhand about 18 months ago and has been working fine

We've done the network test too and that is fine

Finally I've checked parental controls for joining chats and online games and both are turned on.

Hi

Sorry about not responding all week. The Xbox was bought secondhand about 18 months ago and has been working fine

We've done the network test too and that is fine

Finally I've checked parental controls for joining chats and online games and both are turned on.

It is your first time trying to game online? The only reason I ask is just that there may be a possibility that the console has a ban on it. I don't know how to check this though, I assume you'd get an error message of some sort.

There is a possibility that the Xbox is banned like Stone mentioned above. If this is the case your son won't be able to play the online portion of any game.

Is there another game where he can check if he can play the multiplayer.

Really need another game to test the multiplayer to ensure that it's not just a Terraria issue.

Edit :double post

• Advertisement
Advertisement