Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Arsenal 28/2/16 K/O 14.05 SS1.

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good result for United but can't see them pipping Arsenal to fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

That last sub for utd

95907.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Love seeing arsenal go to old trafford and bottle it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

****ing delighted huge week for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Arsenal always find away to cave in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That is hilariously bad from and Arsenal perspective

Super win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No class at all shown by Wenger walking away without a handshake!

Can't say I'm surprised,they don't call him Arsene Whinger for nothing.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Good stuff.

King Louie still rules!

Arsenal in Feb curse continues

98f.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What a win

Play more kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Probably one of those rare games when everybody on boards will be cheering for an arsenal win...Even the United fans.

latest?cb=20121205194057

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

5starpool wrote: »
    An u21 team with 1 starting player under the age of 22. Something slightly against the rules there surely!

And all bar rashford & lingard big money signings by my reckoning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

No class at all shown by Wenger walking away without a handshake!

In his defence, LVG did take an age coming down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Probably one of those rare games when everybody on boards will be cheering for an arsenal win...Even the United fans.

Everyone must be so so sad now eh Oranage2

bahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ya the 2 million on varela was insane money!

readImage?iid=34154472

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

In his defence, LVG did take an age coming down.

He was shaking hands with fans. If he brushed them off he'd be slated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Been in tallaght hospital children's ward with my son all weekend learning that he is ok and coming home tomorrow and seeing United beat the gooners has me on cloud 9

UNITED WE STAND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

keano_afc wrote: »
    We had the greatest unbeaten run in English football robbed by a diving cheat. So a little bit of retribution won't hurt you.

Have pint of Bitter, with some sweet and sour for yourself hun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Souness is spot on to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Been in tallaght hospital children's ward with my son all weekend learning that he is ok and coming home tomorrow and seeing United beat the gooners has me on cloud 9

UNITED WE STAND

Great news man. Hope everything is ok with the lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Can't say I'm surprised,they don't call him Arsene Whinger for nothing.
    All Ireland whinger.
    He was shaking hands with fans. If he brushed them off he'd be slated!
    It's his duty to be down to shake the hand of the opposing manager, not keep Wenger waiting there like an idiot. Nobody cares anyway.

Well played United, took your chances well.

Arsenal have been playing rubbish since around November, every week I hope this will change :P

UNITED WE STAND

Great news Basher

Hope he's ok

niallo27 wrote: »
    Great news man. Hope everything is ok with the lad.

Thanks niallo he is in great form now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

We had the greatest unbeaten run in English football robbed by a diving cheat. So a little bit of retribution won't hurt you.

That was one dive, arguably. But yeah bring up something from 11 or 12 years ago. Can't even remember its that long ago. Plenty of falling about today, and over the years from AFC if you want to open the history books\dvds.

retribution, l.o.l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That referee pissed me off no end. It felt like every tackle on an Arsenal player was given as a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Souness tearing Arsenal to shreds on Sky.

That referee pissed me off no end. It felt like every tackle on an Arsenal player was given as a foul.
    Agree

Also made some terrible offside decisions

Very poor officiating

Nalz wrote: »
    That was one dive, arguably. But yeah bring up something from 11 or 12 years ago. Can't even remember its that long ago. Plenty of falling about today, and over the years from AFC if you want to open the history books\dvds.

retribution, l.o.l

I wonder if the Celtic fans are waiting for the day they can get their retribution over the Eduardo dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You'd have a hard time believing these are 2 of the 3 most successful teams in the country in the past 25 years. It's baffling that the amount of money spent by some of the top teams has yielded so little quality in the past few years.
    I think with Pep coming in next year it'll be a bit like Mourinho in 2005 - the tide lifting all boats or whatever the expression is, and after a transitional post-Ferguson (and I suspect now, post-Wenger) era for the league, I think things will begin to stratify again in the next few years.

On the one hand, it's hardly impressive to lose to Utd's U-14s team (even if they played well), but I think it's less about Arsenal being world class bottlers and more about Arsenal simply not being a good enough team to have any kind of expectations about winning games like this.

Arsenal keep being considered as title contenders because they have players who have the technical qualities to be top footballers but that doesn't mean they're top class players or they constitute a good team.

The persistent failures to get in midfielders that can add the requisite bite or even just simple running around, never mind never having more than 1 direct goal threat in the whole squad reflect terribly on the management - either Wenger's timidity or the upper levels of the hierarchy failing to support him can surely no longer be stomached.

If they're happy enough to keep winning **** all they can keep doing what they're doing but unless they get the quality you need up front they'll continue to come unstuck against proper defences and unless they get the kind of quality you need in midfield, and not just going from midfield into attack, then they'll continue to get outmanoeuvered by teams that can match their quality.

Arsenal continue to both be a boundless sucess story from a business point of view and a cautionary tale in indolence and stagnation from a footballing perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Does anyone have Rashford in their fantasy team?

I had him in the new sky sports fantasy six a side and he scored during my power play

Arsenal glass chin is normal.

LVG saves his job this week, see out his contract now.

Arsenal glass chin is normal.

LVG saves his job this week, see out his contract now.

United could have lost 5-0 and he wouldn't be going anywhere. I think that's pretty clear by now, I don't know why people keep saying they're happy United win because it keeps him in a job... Oh wait, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Great result for Liverpool it would seem

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great news Basher

Hope he's ok

Cheers mick he will be grand.

Lol at my 6 year old daddy we need to watch the match

And guy passed in an arsenal jersey and he was like boo arsenal my uncle follows them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I really enjoy getting a win over Arsenal. The relentless bottling by them every season is amusing.

I really enjoy getting a win over Arsenal. The relentless bottling by them every season is amusing.

I don't mind them in general but a handful of their fans on here make it unbearable if they are playing even moderately well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think the most important thing about today's result is that we likely won't have to read Oranages special brand of posting for a couple of weeks.

That's more valuable than 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Firmly behind Leicester for the rest of the season. Very disappointed with that pathetic performance. Haven't had much to cheer about for a couple of months though so I can hardly say I'm surprised!

I have been so angry with van gaal cos we have been ****.

I don't expect to win everything I just wanna see hustle and effort. Fantastic week as a united fan. Love our club and rashford looks really good here's hoping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol, Arsenal fans moan about that dive and not talk about the clear cut penalty Ronaldo should have had in the same game. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Loved that performance.. we played without fear.. with guile.. speed and creativity it was a breath of fresh air... the scoreline flattered Arsenal i felt we were the better side by more then a goal in my view... the LVG touch line dive ! Well i have been laughing so hard o think i pulled something... nothing better then Sunday afternoon drinking watching a big game like this with your Arsenal supporting girlfriend.. bet was she buys the jager :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Brimful of Rashford on the...scoring line!

/ I'll get me laptop coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didn't expect ManU to win so great result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was Rashford injured when he went off or just tired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Reckon again so Ted

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement