Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger recommendations

Options
  • 28-02-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I know we can't name bloggers on these threads who we don't trust or who are dishonest are we allowed to mention who we like to follow I would love to find some new honest bloggers on the likes of Twitter and snapchat thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The F&A mods and the Admins are discussing the blogger threads at the moment. We will get back to you all on this.

In the meantime, please use this thread for recommendations only. No discussion please.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I strongly recommend Sinead from the Beautiful Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

My favourites are Sinead from The Beautiful Truth, Pippa
    and Marissa Carter even though she isn't technically a blogger. Always the first snaps I open!

I also really enjoy Terrie Mc Evoy's because she is travelling and I am living vicariously through her!!!

@Jbossie - I have removed your post as it was off-topic for this thread, and questioning a moderator action. As per Boards policy, discussion of mod action is not allowed in threads, as we have other avenues for discussing infractions etc. This is a final warning.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

I love some of these girls I will look up the other girls I haven't heard of I love a breath of fresh air with bloggers ect thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I don't use snapchat / instagram / Twitter, it would be good to know which bloggers actually blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Sinead from the beautiful truth and sinead cady from the make up chair.

Make up monster and the rebel lipstick have actual blogs as well as the usual social media presence too.

These are the four I follow and I really like them all. Was watching sinead cady's snaps the other day and my OH was like "woah who's she she's gorgeous" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭doireannod

Best, most honest people on Snap Chat are:

1. Chiara Ferragni - amazing insight in to her life between Milan and LA
    2. Vogue Williams - stunning, stylish, honest and funny
    3. Lisa DiCicco Cahue - New York City fit model and blogger. Beautiful girl.
    4. Retro Flame (username: retroflame1) - New York City fashionista from Kerry
    5. Garypeppergirl - stunning Australian blogger

None of the above women do annoying hauls of rubbish they've been sent. And none of these women would dream of having their lips injected with filler while on snap chat and send out a promo code for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I prefer people who blog too... Too many perfect photos in my Instagram feed depresses me. I do follow too many IGs - need to knock that on the head as well

Currently I'm following the Sunday Girl. I'm following some Asian beauty bloggers too, but that's curiosity as I think I need more from my skincare and I'm not laying €300 on a jar of Creme.

I'm trying to find more bloggers who write well and put thought into their reviews e.g. Explain what they do and don't like about the product, not an automatic 10*s

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I prefer blogs because I love to read and you can often tell the writer has a passion for the product through the way they write about it. It takes more effort to write about a product and include nice pictures and updates then a ten second snap of a product that you never hear about again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Here are some of my favourite blogs:
    The Beautiful Truth
    John It's Only Makeup
    Beauty Nook
    Makeup Monster
    Lovely Girlie Bits
    Total Makeup Addict

on_my_oe wrote: »
    I prefer people who blog too... Too many perfect photos in my Instagram feed depresses me. I do follow too many IGs - need to knock that on the head as well

Currently I'm following the Sunday Girl. I'm following some Asian beauty bloggers too, but that's curiosity as I think I need more from my skincare and I'm not laying €300 on a jar of Creme.

I'm trying to find more bloggers who write well and put thought into their reviews e.g. Explain what they do and don't like about the product, not an automatic 10*s
    That's what I'm looking for bloggers with blogs that have a lot of content I'm getting bored of snap chat oh I'll add then now thanks :)

Sinead from the beautiful truth and sinead cady from the make up chair.

Make up monster and the rebel lipstick have actual blogs as well as the usual social media presence too.

These are the four I follow and I really like them all. Was watching sinead cady's snaps the other day and my OH was like "woah who's she she's gorgeous" :P
    I love sinead her honest is so refreshing I'll be adding the other girls I'm getting more into blogs now than social media

doireannod wrote: »
    Best, most honest people on Snap Chat are:

1. Chiara Ferragni - amazing insight in to her life between Milan and LA
    2. Vogue Williams - stunning, stylish, honest and funny
    3. Lisa DiCicco Cahue - New York City fit model and blogger. Beautiful girl.
    4. Retro Flame (username: retroflame1) - New York City fashionista from Kerry
    5. Garypeppergirl - stunning Australian blogger

None of the above women do annoying hauls of rubbish they've been sent. And none of these women would dream of having their lips injected with filler while on snap chat and send out a promo code for same.

Brilliant I don't follow any of them girls definitely will now don't want to follow all them that do
    Hauls ect anymore

anna080 wrote: »
    I prefer blogs because I love to read and you can often tell the writer has a passion for the product through the way they write about it. It takes more effort to write about a product and include nice pictures and updates then a ten second snap of a product that you never hear about again.

That's exactly what I'm looking for people that you can see have a passion for the products I love a good honest write up some great recommendations on this thanks a million

rougegal wrote: »
    Here are some of my favourite blogs:
    The Beautiful Truth
    John It's Only Makeup
    Beauty Nook
    Makeup Monster
    Lovely Girlie Bits
    Total Makeup Addict
    Thanks a million I'll be adding some of these

Terri26 wrote: »
    I strongly recommend Sinead from the Beautiful Truth.

Love sinead she's a great blogger so honest

aine92 wrote: »
    My favourites are Sinead from The Beautiful Truth, Pippa
    and Marissa Carter even though she isn't technically a blogger. Always the first snaps I open!

I also really enjoy Terrie Mc Evoy's because she is travelling and I am living vicariously through her!!!
    Ah I will look up terrie love to see a bit of the world through someone else lol thanks a million

@Jbossie - as a new poster, you may not be aware that a stream of replies (one after the other) as above, is annoying to other posters. You can use the multi quote function to reply to several posts all at once and prevent this from happening again.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭onthemitch

A few whose blogs I read and really enjoy – good writing, transparency, good photographs...

Anouska Proetta Brandon (Irish): anouska.net
    A Model Recommends (UK): amodelrecommends.com
    Fluff & Fripperies (Ireland-based, Scottish/Irish author): fluffandfripperies.com (full disclosure: we're friends, but her blog is really good)
    Cinnamon Soul (Irish, living in NYC): cinnamon-soul.com

In terms of Snapchat, I don't think it's particularly good for product recommendations etc – I just like getting this voyeuristic little window into people's lives. So, I enjoy following:

Chiara Ferragni / The Blonde Salad @chiaraferragni – mostly to get a glimpse into her life, but I find her Snapchat massively self-involved. I guess, what else could it be? But still, it's not hugely endearing IMO.
    Tara O'Farrell @tara_makeup – love when she does GRWM-style posts, and her dogs! So cute.
    Louise O'Neill (author of Asking For It / Only Ever Yours) @oneilllouise – new to Snapchat, really funny and smart.
    Molly McKeever @mollypocket89 – another Irish blogger, her Snapchat is a lot of workout stuff (she's a runner and yoga teacher), clean food ideas etc.

Second the above recommendation for Retro Flame, her Snapchat is fun because she's based in NYC, seems to have such a busy life! Great little window into her day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone find Snapchat really annoying when trying to follow bloggers? I'm getting sick of trying to follow 10 second snippets of conversation at a time. I like seeing pictures of make up looks or clothes but listening to them is getting quite annoying. Surely it's annoying for them trying to film them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭onthemitch

Does anyone find Snapchat really annoying when trying to follow bloggers? I'm getting sick of trying to follow 10 second snippets of conversation at a time. I like seeing pictures of make up looks or clothes but listening to them is getting quite annoying. Surely it's annoying for them trying to film them too?

This is just such a mad observation to me. It's like tapping someone's phone, then giving out about having to listen to their conversations. If you just want product recommendations, follow their blogs; if you like listening in and getting snippets of their daily lives, follow them on Snapchat. It feels like essentially complaining about the fact that Snapchat isn't Instagram – or am I picking this up wrong?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

onthemitch wrote: »
    This is just such a mad observation to me. It's like tapping someone's phone, then giving out about having to listen to their conversations. If you just want product recommendations, follow their blogs; if you like listening in and getting snippets of their daily lives, follow them on Snapchat. It feels like essentially complaining about the fact that Snapchat isn't Instagram – or am I picking this up wrong?!

Most of these "bloggers" don't actually blog much anymore though so the best way to follow them is by snapchat. That's the problem. It's also quite annoying to have to listen to them talk in six 10 second snippets as opposed to 1 minute long video.

Edit: To clarify, I don't mind listening to their conversations. Some can be quite interesting. It's just the trying to follow them that's the problem. Snapchat would be easier if they just posted their pictures and directed to their blogs and/or videos.

Does anyone find Snapchat really annoying when trying to follow bloggers? I'm getting sick of trying to follow 10 second snippets of conversation at a time. I like seeing pictures of make up looks or clothes but listening to them is getting quite annoying. Surely it's annoying for them trying to film them too?[/quote
    I would have thought snapchat would introduce a new update that allows more than a 10 second snap it is irritating when trying to film something and it keeps cutting out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does the woman who does writeups in the Irish Times have a blog does anyone know?

Stheno wrote: »
    Does the woman who does writeups in the Irish Times have a blog does anyone know?

What is her name My sister in law writes articles for the Irish times I will ask her

@Jbossie - I have deleted a number of off-topic posts from you. Please stick to the topic at hand. Going off-topic distracts from the thread. Any further off-topic posts from you will incur mod action.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

She is a parenting blogger too at The Two Darlings, she is lovely,. Only know her through re blogging world, I don't do beauty blogging!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

traineeacc wrote: »
    She is a parenting blogger too at The Two Darlings, she is lovely,. Only know her through re blogging world, I don't do beauty blogging!

I've remembered her name, it's aisling really like her articles in the times, will Google for a blog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Do you mean Rosemary MacCabe?

If so, then yes she has a blog, this is it http://rosemarymaccabe.com/

Advertisement