Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger recommendations

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you mean Rosemary MacCabe?

If so, then yes she has a blog, this is it http://rosemarymaccabe.com/

No fairly certain it's a lady called aisling, she often has articles in the times on applying different looks and stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Stheno wrote: »
    I've remembered her name, it's aisling really like her articles in the times, will Google for a blog

Her blog is beaut.ie She's Aisling McDermott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Does she still work with that website? I thought they all left and that's why it's mainly entertainment content now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

No fairly certain it's a lady called aisling, she often has articles in the times on applying different looks and stuff :)
    Ah sorry I didn't realise, apologies.

Must check her out, never really read beaut.ie so no idea what she is like as a blogger (beauty or otherwise!).

Sharon Farrell is another good one. I love her videos. http://sharonthemakeupartist.com/

Another one here for Sinead from The Beautiful Truth. Absolutely adore her, she is so honest in her videos/reviews/snaps etc. I'd trust anything she says as she's proven herself to be honest more than once :)http://thebeautifultruth.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭doireannod

Rosie Huntington Whiteley's snapchat is good. She'll often show which products she uses. She doesn't blog or review them but if they're good enough for her....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah sorry I didn't realise, apologies.

Must check her out, never really read beaut.ie so no idea what she is like as a blogger (beauty or otherwise!).

Sharon Farrell is another good one. I love her videos. http://sharonthemakeupartist.com/

Another one here for Sinead from The Beautiful Truth. Absolutely adore her, she is so honest in her videos/reviews/snaps etc. I'd trust anything she says as she's proven herself to be honest more than once :)http://thebeautifultruth.ie/

I'm a bit older than most posters and aisling often writes stuff for my age range so that could be it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm a bit older than most posters and aisling often writes stuff for my age range so that could be it :)
    Is this her?

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/aisling-mcdermott-7.3075512

Looks like a few interesting articles. That's my Sunday night blog reading sorted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Another vote for Beaut truth. I've only ever done a tutorial from her YouTube channel but I got loads of compliments on it. She also seems to take on board constructive criticism which is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I've remembered her name, it's aisling really like her articles in the times, will Google for a blog

Sorry don't know who that is

Is this her?

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/aisling-mcdermott-7.3075512

Looks like a few interesting articles. That's my Sunday night blog reading sorted. :D

It is indeed, just from reading her stuff in the times I've learned a bit. She seems very down to earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

Aisling is great she's in the industry years she was one of the first I love her even have the books she wrote

doireannod wrote: »
    Rosie Huntington Whiteley's snapchat is good. She'll often show which products she uses. She doesn't blog or review them but if they're good enough for her....

Her new make up in marks and spencer is gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

I'm a massive fan of Laura from http://www.buynowbloglater.com/

She's a uk blogger based in Dubai, I follow her on most social media.
    She has no hesitation carrying out honest reviews. sometimes she shows her hauls and blatantly states her dislike there and then. I appreciate honesty, no one can like every product!! so if a blogger states a dislike I usually am a fan. she also holds her hands up when she has given a bad review and a few months down the line she doesn't hate the item, like all of us skincare needs/requirements can change along with choice of product.

Wexy86 wrote: »
    I'm a massive fan of Laura from http://www.buynowbloglater.com/

She's a uk blogger based in Dubai, I follow her on most social media.
    She has no hesitation carrying out honest reviews. sometimes she shows her hauls and blatantly states her dislike there and then. I appreciate honesty, no one can like every product!! so if a blogger states a dislike I usually am a fan. she also holds her hands up when she has given a bad review and a few months down the line she doesn't hate the item, like all of us skincare needs/requirements can change along with choice of product.
    Oh I'll have to follow her I love an honest blogger very refreshing thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

I'm a blogger myself, and to be honest I would like to be able to discuss blogging on this site without being attacked. Can someone tell me why this isn't possible? I don't mind criticism and I am more than happy to discuss my blog with anyone who had questions for me. So why, mods, am I not allowed to use my freedom of expression?

dudara wrote: »

In the meantime, please use this thread for recommendations only. No discussion please.

Why? What's wrong with discussing my blog? If there was something someone had a query with, or I wasn't writing entirely legally, I would really appreciate someone pointing it out to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Sally2016

<Re-reg account banned>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Can we not keep this thread to blog recommendations?

I mostly use youtube for my beauty recommendations, I like vivianna does makeup (english) and Letz Makeup/ Siobham McDonnell (Galway), I follow a few more but they're starting to annoy me so ill refrain for recommending them!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - I have already previously stated that the mod team and the Admins are discussing this topic. We are well aware that this is a topic of interest, but we would like to figure out the best way to allow this discussion to take place. Please bear with us.

In the meantime, please stay on topic in this thread. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted and/or mod actions awarded.

dudara

Can we not keep this thread to blog recommendations?

Well then the title is misleading. Because it's a recommendation thread, and not somewhere to discuss bloggers and why we like/don't like them.

<EDIT> You have a valid point and I have changed the thread title to reflect the discussion within. Please stay on topic from now on.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I love American vlogger kathleenlights - she always does disappointing products videos which I love! Obviously we can't get all of the American products over here which is sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

British Beauty Blogger and Caroline Hirons are really good honest beauty writers. Used to be a huge follower and poster on beaut.ie and I miss the girls so thanks for highlighting Aislings column:)

There is most definitely a post missing here. Can someone tell me why it has been removed? It is perfectly in line with charter.

FAO MODS: deleting a post because it goes against charter is ok. Deleting a post because it goes against your views will only further raise questions about the transparency of blogging. This is something I am currently researching so if you have some queries please address me in private, I am happy to discuss with you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

We are trying to keep the thread on topic - recommend bloggers you like.

As Dudara has mentioned, the mods and admins are discussing how best manage threads about bloggers in a fair way for both posters and bloggers, without it ending in locked threads.

Please keep on topic, any further derailment may be seen as trolling or baiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've made a cull on snapchat bloggers. Wittled it down to the following: Marisa carter, the beautiful truth, buy now blog later and dramatic Mac and retro flame. I've found myself even moving away from using fb or insta to follow bloggers. There's only so many motivation quotes and coffee cups you can look at. Just a few facebook pages I love for clothing styles are ystyle, Martina mark and Lisa's lust list. I've started following more actual blogs, eg buy now blog later, the beautiful truth, John it's only make up, the make up monster, what she does now. Also for YouTube: Siobhan for Letz makeup, dramatic Mac, and my pale skin blog. I've started to appreciate the time and effort many people put into their blogs and YouTube channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I'm using blogloving app to keep track - if I had to remember to go visit each blog, I'd forget.

I've added Buy Now Blog Later, British beauty blogger and the beautiful truth so thanks for the recommendations ladies. Another one from me (if not already mentioned) is makeup savvy, she does a few eBay hauls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Dudara I was just wondering the outcome of the discussion with the other mods / admin in relation to topics about bloggers? (Apologies if I missed it, had a scan back and didn't see). It inevitably becomes a heated topic :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ya what's the story with it? Or will we never hear back pending mod review just like all the other ones that closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Still under discussion I'm afraid. It can take a while to get everyone's input. Rest assured, it is being discussed.

dudara

Advertisement