Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleito coils - 0.4 ohm new coils tasting of rubber??

Options
  • 28-02-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Got a Cleito and 10 0.4 ohm replacement coils a couple of weeks back and was really impressed with it, decent clouds and really good flavour. That is, until late last night when I decided after 2 weeks and 1 day that it was time to break out a new coil.

First new coil - very strong odious rubber taste from the coil from the get-go. Must be a bad coil, so...
    Second new coil - same thing, wtf?
    Third new coil - still the same stanky rubbery taste. Now I'm getting cheesed off...
    I then tried the 0.2 ohm coil from the original pack and it tasted just as bad as the two previous new 0.4 ohm coils.
    So I put back the coil I set out to replace originally and filler her up with the same juice I'd just put in the previous 4 (yes, 4) new coils and no rubbery taste.
    One more new coil after that and it had the same noxious rubbery taste.

Coils were 100% properly primed before use and I don't have any Bridgestone or Pirelli flavour ejuice...

Anyone else out there having the same issues with a really crappy rubbery taste from coils for the Cleito? If it wasn't for Grimmgreen reporting the same "rubber band" taste in his youtube review of the Cleito, I'd think it was just me... I know Chinese QA is as much hit as it is miss, but this is taking the p1ss. 5 in a row?! At almost €4 a pop this is ridiculous...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I saw Grimmgreen say that too. I had mine for a couple of months or thereabouts before his vid.

I didn't notice it on the ones that came with it.

I have since brought 5 0.2 coils. I am only on the first of those but they are working just fine, and no rubbery taste.

Might be worth contacting vendor.

I've been trying to notice any rubbery flavour but its all fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Havent noticed the rubbery taste but definitely noticed a difference in the quality of the vape that came with the coils that came with the tank and the pack of coils i bought afterwards. I find the 0.2 to be too hot and the 0.4 coil that came with the tank which was astounding just isnt giving me the same satisfaction in my new coils, no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I put a new 0.2 coil into mine today and I haven't noticed a rubbery taste or a dip in quality from the ones that came with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Any updates on this rubbery taste,2 coils gone & no rubbery taste,need to buy some & no sign of the RBA yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 badspealler

I was on to the supplier and they've replaced the 10 coils I sent back so I'm happy enough. Looks like my issue may have been down to tightening the top cap until it wouldn't go any further! I had a bit of a rubbery taste initially with the replaced coils (about 1-1.5ml of juice worth to be fair) but no issues since. I'm not convinced it's the coil's fault, might just be my Cleito. Anyway, since I'm not tightening the top cap as far as it will physically go, things are all okay with the Cleito and I'm back to decent taste and big clouds. No bridgestone flavour at all :)

Would love to see an RBA for this myself as I've recently made the jump into rebuildables and doing up my own coils. I'm getting on average 3 days out of a Nautilus coil with my ADV of choice before it tastes all gunky. Considering how long I'm getting out of my own coils in either RTAs or RDAs, the 3-day Nautilus coils are really getting on my nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What voltage do you use those coils at? I find mine spits a lot at about 30w.

EGriff wrote:
    What voltage do you use those coils at? I find mine spits a lot at about 30w.

30 sounds low. I use the 0.2 at 65w and the 0.4 at 55w.

I think the recommended wattages on the could are a good bit more than 30w.

Still no rubber here, although I'm not using it much at all recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 badspealler

40-45W (4.2-4.3V) is my sweet spot . Not much spitting, if any... Juice is 70VG/30PG, what ratio juice you using? Are you getting the same result with other coils as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

moleyv wrote:
    30 sounds low. I use the 0.2 at 65w and the 0.4 at 55w.

Same as that, no spitting at all and no rubbery flavours, 0.4 is recommended 40-60w.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

gilmour wrote: »
    Havent noticed the rubbery taste but definitely noticed a difference in the quality of the vape that came with the coils that came with the tank and the pack of coils i bought afterwards. I find the 0.2 to be too hot and the 0.4 coil that came with the tank which was astounding just isnt giving me the same satisfaction in my new coils, no idea why.

Update since this opinion, its a fantastic tank and the coils are actually great. I have found it takes a tank or two to fully break the coils in but afterwards its my rock solid everyday setup, new 5ml glass is out for it now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I see they stock these now in my local, so pondering on getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I see they stock these now in my local, so pondering on getting one.

I think they're a great tank, coil wise you have to throw a pile of watts at the .2 ohm but it's good on flavour, the .4 is very nice.
    It's cheap as chips from China, no brainier. Not sure of the Irish prises.
    I'd still prefer the triton two over it though.

Treated myself to a Cleito today. I was getting a very slight rubbery taste at first, but no worse really than breaking in any coil in any other tank. passed half a tank of juice through her and it began to shine. Using the pre-fitted 0.4 coil at 40w, with the airflow just over half way open. I would say the flavour is right up there, it might even be better than the Herakles plus - which to date was about the best non-RTA sub tank for flavour I've owned. On second fill now and no leaks of any kind.

The only con I can see, is that the top gets a bit hot if you chain it a bit, I imagine the 0.2 coil will get much hotter. So you kind of need to use one of the rubber caps. But that's fine, I have the stainless steel one, and using the black cap, looks alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Good to hear that Cagey,still no vids for the RBA section,they must have forgotten about the Cleito...

Yeah an RBA section would be great, I hope they still do it. As is it's a great sub tank for the money

They released it with the promise of the RBA. So if they don't it would be poor form.

Its not like it was a rumour or anything.

moleyv wrote: »
    They released it with the promise of the RBA. So if they don't it would be poor form.

Its not like it was a rumour or anything.

I watched a few reviews on it before buying, and even some of the bigger reviewers weren't too sure on the RBA section. they said pretty much what you have, but nobody has seen any actual plans for it. It wouldn't just be poor form, it would be idiotic for them not to! They would sell a tonne more, and many who already have it will buy that RBA section too.

Even on their 'product page' giving the specs, it said 'RBA Coming Soon'.

To me that says, it was already being designed, and it is worrying that it isn't out already. I was wondering how they would design it, clearly they are too!

Saying that, I've not user my cleito in well over a month, but I gave it a clean yesterday so will be getting back into it soon.

I am absoloutely loving it :)

My DIY juices are tasting great in there [no exageration, it's very close to giving as good flavour as a dripper] and changing flavours sees them cross over very quickly without fuss. Because I've so many juices on the go I've only been 1/4 filling it each time, not had one leak or dry hit, and I have pushed it. Taking long draws to see if it would crack. All good so far. Could turn out to be my favourite sub tank to date. And I've had a fair few.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

For the record my TFV4 coils always taste like **** for a tank or so, I put it down to machine oil residue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement