Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving van from Dublin to Galway

Options
  • 28-02-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Moving from Dublin city to Moycullen in a few weeks.
    Thought about renting a large van with my other half but we think for the safety of our relationship and a stressful few journeys! We'd prefer to spend a bit extra and hire professional movers.
    It's just my stuff I'm moving.. But I've lots of clothes, good bit of kitchen stuff (small appliances etc) and a side board/small wardrobe/2x chest drawers/IKEA squares etc. So a considerable amount for one person!

Would love some genuine recommendations for a seamless move!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

My family has used Pickfords multiple times. My mother swears by them. They are fast, professional, experienced and at the very least, worth considering.

http://www.pickfords.co.uk/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Pickfords are a uk company, don't even have an office in Ireland.

Try corrib removals who are based in Galway . Work used them a few times with no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Best is probably to hire someone in Galway to go over to Dublin, pick up your stuff and bring it back.
    www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_man+van/county-Galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xtraxtra

raemie10 wrote: »
    Moving from Dublin city to Moycullen in a few weeks.
    Thought about renting a large van with my other half but we think for the safety of our relationship and a stressful few journeys! We'd prefer to spend a bit extra and hire professional movers.
    It's just my stuff I'm moving.. But I've lots of clothes, good bit of kitchen stuff (small appliances etc) and a side board/small wardrobe/2x chest drawers/IKEA squares etc. So a considerable amount for one person!

Would love some genuine recommendations for a seamless move!
    Thanks!

doing the same myself, possible we could split the cost, you have a pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

There is a few dodgy removal companies out there, definitely take peoples recommendations. Same story as you OP except friends of mine got stung with a company that knew the removal van was too small, who then drove to meet them for 3 hours and still wanted to be paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I used these guys last year when I thought it wouldn't be economical to pick up a large couch in Dublin. Submitted request and bids came rolling in. Didn't pick the cheapest, picked a highly reviewed, insured guy who had a helper. They showed up in a big truck and must collect up jobs across the country. Anyhow, was a brilliant service and got the job done for around 100 quid:

http://www.anyvan.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

http://www.easymoves.net/

you will not deal with a better company, based in Roscommon.

Advertisement