Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxi dress for a wedding.

Options
  • 28-02-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi. Posting this on behalf of my wife.
    We have a close family wedding the week before our child is due.
    Has anyone here ever ordered from seraphine website? Any idea about quality or sizing?
    She is also looking at asos but again unsure about quality and sizing.
    She wants a maxi dress size 18 usually.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Haven't heard of them before but I found asos ok for sizing

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Never heard of them. I use asos a good bit. Quality and sizing varies between brands. I find asos own brand stuff really big size wise and the quality is fairly ok. Mammalicious is pretty accurate and good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Seraphine is a nice site. A wrap dress could work well for her too as another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes I use Seraphine a lot - on my second pregnancy here.

Quality is quite good. Generally everything is a jersey material and I find they hang nicely, wash well and tend to look good (they're the ones I get compliments on :) ). I've a good few dresses for work from them.Their sizes tend to be generous. I'm a 12 and they fit well, particularly as I get more pregnant :) If not, they are easy to do returns with.

I've also recently used Tiffany Rose for a dress for a wedding, but it's an expensive site. It was however a sibling's wedding, very late in my pregnancy and I managed to get a dress on sale there, so I was ok on the price. But their maxi dresses are verrrry expensive.

I've used Asos and found the sizing a lot more hit and miss, but then again with a maxi dress that late in pregnancy, it may work out fine. It's more earlier in pregnancy, or with jeans and stuff that Asos can be hit and miss.

Has she looked at eloramaternity or maybe renting from Style Mama as alternatives too?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Have never ordered from Seraphine, they have some lovely stuff but I just couldn't justify the cost for a one off wear. I have ordered from Asos, quality is fine, sizing is big for their own brand stuff. I got a maxi dress for a wedding in TK Maxx, its loose enough to accommodate my bump and I plan on wearing it to a wedding 2 weeks before my due date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 channelcarrie

I have ordered a few items from seraphine when pregnant (dresses mostly) and love the quality of the clothes. Sizes of the things I bought were true to size. I think it was well worth it for a special occasion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Asos maternity are usually good value - I'd advise not spending too much as at 39 weeks she might not make it (I didn't!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Dolbert wrote: »
    Asos maternity are usually good value - I'd advise not spending too much as at 39 weeks she might not make it (I didn't!) ;)

Me neither. I went at 36 quite unexpectedly.

I'd hate hate hate hate to have to go to a wedding late in my pregnancy.
    If I could go in my jeans (maternity ones of course) and my stretchy t-shirt and runners then I might tolerate it but other wise the thoughts of getting into formal clothes and shoes and all that staying awake:eek::eek:

Advertisement