Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Importing from NI

• 28-02-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭

Hello

I want to import a 100cc scooter from NI

A few questions for you guys that are more experienced!

- Any way id get it to dublin from Donegal? (Its where id be taking it first(
    - Does it need an NCT?
    - Do i have to get a new licence plate printed somewhere??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You need to bring it to the NCT centre having prebooked a VRT inspection.
    Once they have determined what the VRT amount is and you have paid it, they will issue you a Registration number.
    You can then get your plate made and buy your motortax, the tax book will issue when you first tax it.
    You also need a dated receipt from the buyer and the whole V5 document, not just the change of ownership part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Sticky thread for UK and NI import questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

How is the VAT calculated in Ireland. For example, I have a dealer that will sell ex-VAT. Hows does the Revenue here calculate the amount that should be taxable ? Is it the market value in ROI or the original sale value in NI ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sticky thread for UK and NI import questions?

Presumably importing from NI is the same as importing from the rest of the UK? (Britain).

PS; I imported a car from NI, and it was pretty straight forward apart from the VRT, ouch!

Advertisement