Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is going to win the league?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Voted for Leicester last week then they went and drew with West Brom so just as well this is not a new poll :pac:

What is with the La Liga discussions in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If anything stops Leicester City it'll be the lack of goals - Vardy in particular and Mahrez have both started to miss chances they'd have taken earlier this season. Okazaki on 4 goals is their third best scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Anyone else see a striking similarity between Danny Drinkwater and Paul Scholes in their style of play? I'm enjoying watching Drinkwater play nearly as much as Mahrez. Amazing story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Spurs have a bigger schedule but easier run in
    Leicester, wow, the last few games could sucker them

Arsenal :confused:
    losing to Barca plus their run-in, they can defo still do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Leicester's manager and players believe they can win it, Spurs and Arsenal don't. Sure they want to but lack that extra bit when it counts. Arsenal shouldn't of lost to a poor United side 2 weeks ago and Spurs shouldn't of drawn against 10 men Arsenal at home.

Wenger is the problem at Arsenal, Spurs are a good side but don't have that edge to get ahead in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tottenham players look absolutely knackered

Leicesters run in isn't as bad as people say. Away to Utd/Chelsea, but the rest are winnable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

United fan here, it's going to be a disaster missing out on top 4 just can't see it with all the injuries.

Voted for leicester , I've been watching their games as much as possible and its really unbelievable what there doing this season. With a team full of premier league rejects and bargain buys they are taking the pish out of the superclubs. They have no right being near the top but really city have been been dodgy too often, arsenal are there usual bottlers and I really think spurs schedule has messed them up they look tired in previous few games and a few big players having niggly injuries , Ali and Kane I believe. City could well have the last say, game in hand and players back fit but they would have to hit top form for the remainder and that's hard to see.

If Leicester are going to do it, i think they have to do it in the next 5 / 6 games. All 5 / 6 are winable and there last 3 are 3 big teams. That said these winable games can be tougher with relegation scrappers etc but they should be boosted by having the easiest run in.

It would be some achievement were I thought those days were gone with the money involved with the big clubs. Leeds in 92, Blackburn in 95, this would be bigger. I think it has the biggest ever odds in history for a single win. 5000/1.

Anyways sorry for long post, living abroad and bar uniteds crappy season I'm enjoying the league immensely this year and praying for Leicester to do it. Also would win a few Bob too having backed them a little while back that would come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd still fancy Leicester to pick 4 pts up from those last 3 games. I reckon it they get 13 from the next 6 they will win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'd still fancy Leicester to pick 4 pts up from those last 3 games. I reckon it they get 13 from the next 6 they will win the league.

yeah another 17 points will win them the league i reckon, whenever they get them i'm not sure matters, though it'd be interesting to see how they'd play if someone overtakes them.

tottenham, max 82, with the fixtures they've left can see them dropping at least 6 points & they draw a lot too
    city, max 80, with their form so far, can easily see them dropping 4
    arsenal, max 79, same as city

so leicester, 17 more points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well it won't be City who somehow managed to allow Norwich their 4th clean sheet of the season.

The race for 4th just got more interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How funny would it be to see Pep arrive at Man City and have no CL football?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

A top 4 of Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham is pretty conceivable at this point. Crazy season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A top 4 of Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham is pretty conceivable at this point. Crazy season.

I'd nearly light a candle if I thought it would help.

Advertisement