Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pest id

Options
  • 28-02-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi folks, beautiful day to have been out, grass mowed and beds cleaned up, came across this bugger when I was to weed around plant.
    All the roots have been eaten a few of the grubs present and what I presume are eggs of some description, any ideas? No sign on surrounding plants from what I can see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Vine weevil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hotei

The two round, yellow objects are in fact a slow release fertiliser which would have been in the original compost the plant was growing in when you purchased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Thanks everyone any good suggestions for control with extreme predjudice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Cutting the lawn already?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

ceecee14 wrote: »
    Cutting the lawn already?

Sure did, only took a high cut it was very bad looking, ground was a lot firmer underfoot then during the summer months so why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Optimum wrote: »
    Thanks everyone any good suggestions for control with extreme predjudice?

Nematode worm
    See RHS
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=234

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Make sure to check any pots you have. Vine weevils are evil little bastards.

Advertisement