Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The women and the quota...

• 29-02-2016 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

I know the counts aren't complete, but as of now there are 32 women elected out of a total of 100 seats filled...

I actually think that's quite interesting, that candidates were elected in gender ratios approximately the same as the gender ratios of the candidates who ran.. In the last election there were 25 women elected (and 3 more by bye-election) according to wikipedia which might be wrong. But this is about the biggest jump in numbers since the early 90s, so it would certainly seem that it really was a case of there being suitable women there who had the ability to get elected but they weren't being selected.

What do ye of the politics forum think on this? I think I still need to chew on it for a while.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd be curious to see how many women stood this and last time in order to see the change.

Still I made my choices last Friday (and also in 2011) based on what they stood for and not whether they were male or female!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

No women elected in Wicklow. The last one was no ******* use!

Advertisement