Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TalkXtra

Options
  • 29-02-2016 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

RE: TalkXtra.ie...is anyone else having problems with TalkXtra.ie? I had an account with them for a few years and when I tried to use my account recently, it said that my balance was zero! I called the number provided on their website (N.B. I had to call them because it seems you can NO LONGER contact them by email?!?!). When I EVENTUALLY got through, I told them that I had between €18-€20 left on my credit. So they then told me to contact them by email and provided me with an email address. BUT, when I sent the email to that address, the email was returned to me saying that the email address was a non-existent email address!!! The following day, I tried to call them back on the number I rang the previous day i.e. the 1800 number they provide on their website, it did not even ring i.e. it does not ring out or even ring at all but rather the call picks up and the minutes tick away but there is nobody at the other end of the line. <SNIP> Has anyone else had similar problems or any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SteveB21

I had exactly the same experience of finding my longstanding account with them wouldn't work. When I phoned them up I was told that because I hadn't used it for 90 days it had been suspended and I had lost my outstanding credit. When I said that had never happened before I was told the terms and conditions had been changed. I was given an email address to complain to and like you the email bounced back. The address was clearly wrong so I tried reversing talkxtra and info which was apparently delivered but no reply. I complained to ComReg but they no longer deal with calling cards (although they are clearly a telecoms matter) and they referred me to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission who registered the complaint but didn't appear to be prepared to actually do anything. I have now found an address for TalkXtra given variously as PO Box 26 or Garbally Drive in Ballinasloe, Co Galway and I have written them a letter but I don't have much hope. It might be worth contacting An Post as they were marketing the service when I first joined up. <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 catherinemel

Hey Steve, thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm thinking of getting in touch with the Joe Duffy show. Do you mind if I tell them your experience along with my own?

Hey Steve, thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm thinking of getting in touch with the Joe Duffy show. Do you mind if I tell them your experience along with my own?

By all means, Catherine. It would be good if you could get Joe Duffy interested - he takes no prisoners! I am home in the North at the moment so I probably wouldn't hear it myself but you could let me know what happens via this thread and I will let you know in the unlikely event I get a response to my letter. There are some more complaints about TalkXtra on a website called aspokesmansaid but this site won't let me post a link. This site also censored a critical comment I made about TalkXtra, as they also seem to have done to you too, because it was an "allegation" which it wasn't, just a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 catherinemel

Thanks Steve. I'll keep you informed re what happens with my situation. I'm new to Boards.ie and I haven't muxh experience with these sort of sites. So if you can recommend any other sites (besides the one you mentioned) for me to spread the word and caution people re TalkXtra, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again for your help so far.

Thanks Steve. I'll keep you informed re what happens with my situation. I'm new to Boards.ie and I haven't muxh experience with these sort of sites. So if you can recommend any other sites (besides the one you mentioned) for me to spread the word and caution people re TalkXtra, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again for your help so far.

I haven't come across any other sites but I will let you know if I do. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 RicardoVerdi

I also used to use talkxtra, maybe 12 years ago, but have been using it much less recently, with other methods (using broadband) easier & often cheaper nowadays. But i did try to check my balance and found that the website doesn't no longer seems to exist.

My advice is to give up. That's what I did. You will get nowhere and just annoy yourself otherwise. I never got to the bottom of what was going on.

Advertisement