Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel?

Options
  • 29-02-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a nice hotel in Galway, central enough and reasonable price, for a short weekend break for myself and hubby.
    theres seems to be so many and was just wondering if anyone had stayed in any nice ones and would recommend?

thanks,
    Kajemo..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Meyrick, Forster Court and Radisson Blu are all central and very nice hotels that I can vouch for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

+1 on the Radisson Blu. Great central location, nice rooms and a really good breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

House hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

ollaetta wrote: »
    +1 on the Radisson Blu. Great central location, nice rooms and a really good breakfast.

I stayed there recently after being away from it for a few years, I think the place is starting to let its standards slip, in terms of maintenance, there's still a lot more pros than cons, but its enough for me to consider somewhere else next time:

Pros:

Breakfast is great
    On-site Spa
    Relaxing bar
    Sushi Restaurant on 4th floor

Cons:

The rooms all seem to have a buzzing noise in them from an electric junction box. If you're in a business class room you can pull the room card at night and you won't hear it but if you're in a standard room there's no switching it off, depending on the room its either a high pitch buzz or it sounds like an old wind up alarm clock ticking away. Staff couldn't fix it and just moved us to another room with a similar issue.

The speakers were also broken the night a pianist had been hired to perform for the bar so as a result no performance.

Advertisement