Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

L1011 wrote: »
    Planning in to change the heights of all the 4 beds planned for the former pitch and putt site to 2.5 Dormer from 2 and 3 storey. Procedural enough but does mean it'll be a while longer before anything starts there.

What site is that? Not familiar with the old pitch and putt site?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What site is that? Not familiar with the old pitch and putt site?

L-shaped site on the Dunboyne Road below the Cairn site.

Between the houses called Mariaville here (not Mariavilla) and the river and out on to the road:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/53.38469/-6.58994

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

Over priced and overpopulated. I'd imagine investors may swoop in and it will go as more student accomadation.
    It's near impossible getting in and out of there as it is. The asking price is laughable given the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

can't remember if the first one was discussed here, as there seems to be a few different similar meetings/things, but might as well post it anyway:

https://www.facebook.com/naoiseocearuil/posts/961491940673648
    Cllr. Naoise Ó Cearúil - Kildare North
    43 mins ·

Reminder: Maynooth Town Health Check Tonight

Where: Glenroyal Hotel
    When: 8pm

This workshop is open to all members of the public who wish to comment on future plans for the town.

This is the second workshop and it will present the finding and the research from the first workshop. It will also ask the community's priorities for potential projects for our town.

Don't worry if you didn't make the first meeting, this is open to everyone.

Hope to see many of you later!

It ended up on the shop thread. Can't make this one, I'm in Portugal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

Some interesting amendments proposed to the Maynooth LAP.

www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleasesAdverts/Noticeofproposedamendmentno1totheMaynoothLocalAreaPlan2013-2019.html

If those don't pass, the ring road doesn't get built. The central government funding is entirely dependent on the lands served being zoned for housing

KCC and ABP don't allow houses built directly on spine roads anymore so it would only be a few entrances for entire estates, not cars trying to reverse out on to the ring road.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Fill in the gaps along the road to cellbridge! 33 hectares of new houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

https://www.thelyreenviewapartments.ie

Across from Manor Mills, beside the church. 135 apartments with car parking spaces.

Entrance beside Mill apartments. Plus looking at linking to Dunboyne Rd through Cairn development.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ixus wrote: »
    https://www.thelyreenviewapartments.ie

Across from Manor Mills, beside the church. 135 apartments with car parking spaces.

Entrance beside Mill apartments. Plus looking at linking to Dunboyne Rd through Cairn development.

Of most recent developments this one seems to be decently thought out? Open to correction and please do!

• Advertisement

Overall I agree first viewing. Concern is with two exits beside lights at Manor Mills. More congestion.

Also, would like to know what if any contributions they are making to the town other than construction. Contribution to ring road or a civic space/ facilities.

Stagg doesn't like the look. Calling it another Manor Mills.

Submission gone in to request better cladding - https://www.labour.ie/emmetstagg/news/152881603023156104.html. There will be a substantial development levy on that site and if they do open up to the Cairn link road it should provide a generally improved public realm also

Revision application put in (but deemed invalid due to typos and other issues) to reduce the scale/scope of the development behind Lidl down to a portion of the site. Will still include the ring road section.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Hearing from a local representative that the big Cairns development has got the green light but with 27 revisions (of which there's no detail yet)

Due Monday 9th. I'm sure it has leaked to "the great and the good".

ABP website sometimes doesn't even update with the conditions for two to three weeks after; people go get the data in person at the counter still I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

I've seen the hard copy. Very minor conditions. They have to build the through road first (shocking!).

They have to do up the old Dunboyne road?

ixus wrote: »
    They have to do up the old Dunboyne road?

I've just had a quick glance and I don't see that; it's a joke really. ABP is satisfied that the link road between Moyglare Road and Dunboyne Road will alleviate traffic in the area--how the ****?

--Apartment Block E gets moved 12 meters east/north-east.
    --Footpaths get widened.
    --'the design of unit type A5 n site number 232 in the Lyreen/Mariavilla neighbourhood shall be amended to provide a more active frontage to the local road.' wtf--does 'more active frontage' mean?
    --Add a bus stop
    --'the road at the north-eastern edge of the site, between sites numbers 441 and 442 in te Mariavilla neighbourhood, shall be extended up to the site boundary, leaving no intermediate grassed or open space area, so as to allow for future connection to adjoining lands.'

• Advertisement

'the proposed retail unit and the proposed cafe shall not be used for the sale of hot food for consumption off the premises, without a separate planning permission for change of use.' At least the take-away lobby in Maynooth can derive some satisfaction from the appeal.

Add a bus stop for what purpose? Every bus stop in the GDA is up in the air at the moment due to new infrastructure plans

More active frontage = more glass and openings, less solid walls. Generally anyway.

Its actually the restaurants who object to new takeaways (and new restaurants) not v/v here.

I've just had a quick glance and I don't see that; it's a joke really. ABP is satisfied that the link road between Moyglare Road and Dunboyne Road will alleviate traffic in the area--how the ****?

That road will alleviate traffic. Through the town. The obvious issue is the quality of the road to the roundabout. Looks like they have left that up to the council to sort.

Overall not surprised it has been approved. A bit surprised by the old Dunboyne road and apartment blocks on that road.

Central planning is in. Unless you're living in Clontarf.

Castlepark 2 should be along shortly. They didn't even reference their own decision on that.

There's a link to it on Maynooth community facebook.

Yep, really annoying, as I'm part of a small group of residents that held talks with representatives and advisor just about fairly small changes - rotate a planned house to give more sunlight to us, build a wall across a planned connection so as to secure access to our rear gardens etc - nothing too major, or likely to cause issues for developer

But nothing in revisions, no mention of our concerns even, although we had all councillors adding our gripes to their observations. Just feels like they completely ignored it all, and now beyond a massively expensive court case, we can go swing. No explanation needed by them.

Those changes can all be done by a small conventional planning application now so need to keep the pressure on still.

Connections aren't closed up on plans anymore, permeability is the new requirement for any development, if they'd looked to do it there'd be a prescriptive condition to not do it put on.

There was a complete disregard for most of the observations submitted. The only condition added to tackle the amount of traffic that will be hitting the dunboyne and moyglare road is to alter the junctions to limit the flow (see attached). No acknowledgment of the danger to those on these roads during the construction phase (esp. the boreen with the dangerous bend on the dunboyne rd) and when everyone starts using it as a rat run yo get to the other side of Maynooth. Was really hoping that some condition regarding the ring road would be imposed but that was probably a hope too far.

The eastern arc of the ring road is going to happen*, only limiting factor you could put in would be forcing a further financial contribution to the councils part of it.

Not insisting on upgrade works to the Dunboyne Road is perverse and inexplicable. It is utterly substandard for the extra traffic created by the development alone let alone any traffic using the link road as a relief road. ABP think using it as a relief road isn't planned - its called "relief street" in plans for a reason!

New pavement, alignment and paths/cycle lanes are required at an absolute minimum even if they don't CPO anything to widen/straighten the overall pavement.

*assuming the idiot submissions don't outweigh the sensible ones

Eastern arc of ring road going ahead is limited to Celbridge to Leixlip road link, right? I thought the link going through Meath border was all held up with objections.

The full report on the Cairn development is now posted
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/301230.htm

The inspectors report acknowledges a lot of the concerns raised but ultimately stipulated very few conditions to mitigate. The inspector does note that the outer orbital going through Meath border is due for completion by 2024 but I wouldn't be confident of that.

I find it hard to understand how revising the junction layout coming onto dunboyne and moyglare roads will prevent it being a relief road (and only a "link street"). If anything doing away with "turning pockets" will add to the madness.

Celbridge to Leixlip roads is the section with state funding, Celbridge to Straffan roads section is also likely to be finished in the next few years as the site in the middle gets developed. Not sure of the current status of the Meath section

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Squirrel,

Reading the reasonings and fuming here. My 1 simple peraonal nimby concern in this was the building of a house right up against my garden - which is south facing. Its mentioned in the report as being a NE facing garden therefore not impacted. The bloody Cairn proposal map orientates the whole development sideways on their plans, makes everything look wrong way round, and somehow Bord Pleanála have missed this and got their orientations wrong, and I'm now going to be stuck with a house across my back garden.

Advertisement