Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mariavilla launching on Saturday and they expect to be selling from plans like it's 2004 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

No pricing either but look at the lovely brickwork on the sales office!

Looks a bit like Hayfield manor in pics

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

any indication of pricing on Mariavilla? I'm expecting something daft

3 bed €365k 4 bed €480k according to the Irish Times. They are directly you to Glenheron in Greystones if you want to see what it'll look like although those are stone and rendered concrete not redbrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

Am I alone in thinking nearly €500k for a 4 bed semi-d in Maynooth is crazy? How are people affording those prices?

• Advertisement

FitzElla wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking nearly €500k for a 4 bed semi-d in Maynooth is crazy? How are people affording those prices?

Maynooth prices have been crazy for decades, I should stop pointing that out until I've decided where to move to and sold though! :pac:

Double Intel salaries + share options go a long way. There have been disproportionate amounts of large, sometimes detached, houses built in the town in recent years; as there is a clear market for them.

Some of the detached ones are less than an arm span apart with tiny gardens and really would have been more sensible to build as terraces, but that loses the cachet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

L1011 wrote: »
    Maynooth prices have been crazy for decades, I should stop pointing that out until I've decided where to move to and sold though! :pac:

Double Intel salaries + share options go a long way. There have been disproportionate amounts of large, sometimes detached, houses built in the town in recent years; as there is a clear market for them.

Some of the detached ones are less than an arm span apart with tiny gardens and really would have been more sensible to build as terraces, but that loses the cachet.

I work in the city centre and have generous shares and still maynooth is very pricy for me. Still, it's the same everywhere on a Dublin Bus route.

Hercule wrote: »
    any indication of pricing on Mariavilla? I'm expecting something daft

No over night queues anyway thought they have it well lit up over night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

ixus wrote: »
    No over night queues anyway thought they have it well lit up over night.

It's lit up every night for security. Adds some much needed light to that road tbh. The council should take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Patser

Looked very busy there today, even had Shodas little Citroen coffee van on site - rebranded as Cairns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 McGuigan365

Anyone know if many have been sold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone know if many have been sold ?
    as of 3pm today, only three of the 3-beds left, all the 4-beds. Agent said that they hoped to have people in by October:

u7yAADT.jpg

How many more places in Maynooth must they call Lyreen?

It's not like long term Maynooth residents even remember that name - many assume it's the Rye that runs through the town

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McGuigan365

Thanks for the update Ghostdancer, I assume there is no risk of flooding due to there height above the river ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

drove by Mariavilla office on saturday, my christ it was packed, I never thought you'd have us packed in like sardines to drop near half a million quid again. Plenty of suited salesmen outside rubbing their hands and smiling like monty burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

It's not like long term Maynooth residents even remember that name - many assume it's the Rye that runs through the town

At least it's not another Carton.

as of 3pm today, only three of the 3-beds left, all the 4-beds. Agent said that they hoped to have people in by October:

u7yAADT.jpg

As in all the 4 beds left or sold? Confused by wording and picture with no marks on 4 beds.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

all the 4-beds still available. the blue marks indicate what has already been sold.

I just noticed there's actually 4 of the 3-beds left, didn't see 22 Lyreen Place (semi-detached) earlier. can't imagine it'll stick around long though.

At least it's not another Carton.

Of all the simplistic names to give to estates here, I'm still surprised by how few College whatevers we have.

Of all the simplistic names to give to estates here, I'm still surprised by how few College whatevers we have.

They've missed out on The Old Mart too!

• Advertisement

all the 4-beds still available. the blue marks indicate what has already been sold.

I just noticed there's actually 4 of the 3-beds left, didn't see 22 Lyreen Place (semi-detached) earlier. can't imagine it'll stick around long though.

That's very interesting imho. Potentially shows mis-pricing or lack of willingness to purchase off plans.

ixus wrote: »
    They've missed out on The Old Mart too!

Warning! House May Smell Of Pig****!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Atleast its not as pretentious as harvard, yale and stanford near ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭highdef

€435,000 for a not particularly big 3 bedroom house.....in fact 115 sq. m. is pretty astonishing. I don't think I could ever spend that much money on something so small. I paid almost half that on a 3 bedroom detached house well over double that size not too far from neighbouring Kilcock....only finished to second fix, in fairness, however those prices are absolutely ridiculous. I'd at least want a front garden for that price, not just space for a couple of cars.

I feel so lucky that I'm not a first time buyer now and that I got my foot in the door (pun intended) back in 2009 when there were proper bargains around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

L1011 wrote:

Just curious, is planning required for names within estates or only for the estate itself? Or are developers free to use any names?

KCC have to approve the names. They had a brief fixation with Irish language names in the late 1990s but have stopped since.

KCC have to approve the names. They had a brief fixation with Irish language names in the late 1990s but have stopped since.

Think they still insist on names relevant to the area - hence Lyreen, Carton, Limetree, etc.

Which is likely to cause severe parcel delivery / pizza delivery confusion for decades to come seeing as how spread out the estates with Lyreen and Carton are.

Some of the vaguely inexplicable older ones do meet that - Silken Vale = Silken Thomas; Rockfield was the name of the house that the the estate was built on the land of; Greenfield and Newtown were the long standing area names back as far as we have maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

L1011 wrote:
    Which is likely to cause severe parcel delivery / pizza delivery confusion for decades to come seeing as how spread out the estates with Lyreen and Carton are.

This is my concern.

• Advertisement

Isn't that what the wonderful Eircode system is supposed to solve :D

Advertisement