Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Orion wrote: »
    Isn't that what the wonderful Eircode system is supposed to solve :D

It does, but nobody sodding uses it!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

L1011 wrote: »
    It does, but nobody sodding uses it!

A few cold pizza deliveries will fix that. The suppliers need to start demanding it.

Guess what it appears the small estate on the Pitch & Putt site is going to be called?

Lyreen Lodge!

Minor revision planning application in, presume they'll start soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Charlie2011

Did I read it correctly that the mariavilla development will include student accommodation?!!!!
    If so people would want to think long and hard about buying in that development especially at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yeah, it does. From memory it's going to be on the Moyglare Road. I don't think that'd be a problem for anyone living further in the estate.

• Advertisement

If you buy in an older estate in Maynooth there will be student rentals - basically all estates have some, some have loads. If you want to live in a student town you'll have to live near students

If you buy in an older estate in Maynooth there will be student rentals - basically all estates have some, some have loads. If you want to live in a student town you'll have to live near students

Of course. Living here 15 years myself and was in college here for 3 years before that. I just feel with other estates the student population is spread out but to have that many student units in one estate is a bad idea. Imagine rag week on that estate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Well there hasn't been a rag week for many years now! But it is an interesting question as to whether a big student block would cause issues in a new development. Would also be interesting to see what they would do with this during the summer. Is there a big masterplan for these somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Well there hasn't been a rag week for many years now! But it is an interesting question as to whether a big student block would cause issues in a new development. Would also be interesting to see what they would do with this during the summer. Is there a big masterplan for these somewhere?

https://www.mariavillaplanning.com/landscape-drawings

You'll find an overall site plan here. There's actually multiple apartment blocks for students planned behind the Divine Word complex. The orientation of that plan is a bit off. From speaking with developer I think the plan is for the student complex to have it's own gated access and facilities and be as close as possible to University.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McGuigan365

Anyone have an update on the numbers of houses sold ?

• Advertisement

Anyone have an update on the numbers of houses sold ?

Don’t know final numbers but from pic posted cpl pages back looks like most 3 beds were bought of the plans..4 beds still available at that point but not sure if they have been sold since
    Absolute madness we are back to buying off the plans and prices are now back to Celtic tiger prices...we bought a 3 bed terraced at height of boom for 360k and now they going for above that at 365k plus. Good for us we can make something back but just hate that young couples are going to get caught in same cycle we did. No lessons were learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don’t know final numbers but from pic posted cpl pages back looks like most 3 beds were bought of the plans..4 beds still available at that point but not sure if they have been sold since
    Absolute madness we are back to buying off the plans and prices are now back to Celtic tiger prices...we bought a 3 bed terraced at height of boom for 360k and now they going for above that at 365k plus. Good for us we can make something back but just hate that young couples are going to get caught in same cycle we did. No lessons were learned.

It's pretty much unaffordable for an average couple at this stage (average being say a guard and nurse at 30 years old). If you're working unskilled jobs you might as well give up hope of owning anything ever.

Lyreen Lodge (Pitch and Putt site) has definitely started construction.

Planning gone in for three houses on that triangle of land at the front of Old Greenfield, but I think it may actually be an either-or situation as its one application for one, and one for two.

Had a spin around Maynooth today and couldn't help but notice big signs on the new housing estate across from Lidl saying next phase launching Mrch 2019, same on the Carton estate across from Tesco and on the last phase of Moyglare Hall.

Looks like they trying to steal Mariavillas thunder by all launching now, just after Mariavillas big publicity push. But is the demand really there for 4 estates all at once.

The estate opposite Lidl is fully finished (believe its even taken in charge by KCC already) - and there's a mobile sign beside it for Mariavilla. Is that what you saw there?

Unless the Kelston Properties development ("Mullen Park" according to planning docs) behind Lidl is having a very early launch - they've not started construction yet!

The estate opposite Lidl is fully finished (believe its even taken in charge by KCC already) - and there's a mobile sign beside it for Mariavilla. Is that what you saw there?

Unless the Kelston Properties development ("Mullen Park" according to planning docs) behind Lidl is having a very early launch - they've not started construction yet!

No, almost certain it was a big red banner up on there long standing main sign saying next phase March 2019

Patser wrote: »
    No, almost certain it was a big red banner up on there long standing main sign saying next phase March 2019

There is no land (or planning) for a further phase at Hayfield - https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3694731,-6.5920679,344m/data=!3m1!1e3

There is no land (or planning) for a further phase at Hayfield - https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3694731,-6.5920679,344m/data=!3m1!1e3

I could be wrong, don't think it was Mariavilla, maybe it was for Carton wood, Moyglare Hall or some other estate. Maybe if someone else is driving by later they'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Patser wrote: »
    I could be wrong, don't think it was Mariavilla, maybe it was for Carton wood, Moyglare Hall or some other estate. Maybe if someone else is driving by later they'll see it.

I think it says come to Clane on it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

It definitely is an ad for Clane!

• Advertisement

It definitely is an ad for Clane!

Yep, went by it again this morning, my mistake - Although you do have to look twice to see that it's Clane they are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How many new houses have been built in the last year in Maynooth? Where were all these people living before this I wonder.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How many new houses have been built in the last year in Maynooth? Where were all these people living before this I wonder.

About 250 in the last year I'd estimate, between the two Carton Something developments on the Dublin Road and further completion in Moyglare Hall.

Since development resumed (Moyglare Hall, end of Newtown Hall and Griffin Rath both kept plugging away slowly all the time) there's been at least 1000 units added between the lot. Hayfield, Castlepark and Limetree Hall have all been started and fully completed in that time period.

About 250 in the last year I'd estimate, between the two Carton Something developments on the Dublin Road and further completion in Moyglare Hall.

Since development resumed (Moyglare Hall, end of Newtown Hall and Griffin Rath both kept plugging away slowly all the time) there's been at least 1000 units added between the lot. Hayfield, Castlepark and Limetree Hall have all been started and fully completed in that time period.

Thanks!

Where can I see planning applications for future devs?

I wish there was apartment blocks going in for rental. That location opposite tesco would have been ideal I think and you could still have the semi Ds all the way out. Or could have a pub/amenities put in there too. Avenue restaurant is the last place you can go for a bite in the evening/weekend.

For older applications, the KCC site http://webgeo.kildarecoco.ie/public/planningsearch/171 - I've given the numbers for a few on here, but the two of interest would be the Kelston Properties applications and the Southport New Homes applications which are for behind Lidl and the old pitch and putt on the Dunboyne Road respectively. The latter is underway now

The huge Cairn site that is also underway used the new application process so has its own website - https://www.mariavillaplanning.com

There will be significant new estates along the ring road, but nothing in for those yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Thanks!

Where can I see planning applications for future devs?

I wish there was apartment blocks going in for rental. That location opposite tesco would have been ideal I think and you could still have the semi Ds all the way out. Or could have a pub/amenities put in there too. Avenue restaurant is the last place you can go for a bite in the evening/weekend.
    there are 142 apartments (non-student accom) going into the Mariavilla development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

there are 142 apartments (non-student accom) going into the Mariavilla development.

And all the apartments and Duplexs in the new Carton Grove estate were bought by a property managfement company and are in the process of being let out.

And all the apartments and Duplexs in the new Carton Grove estate were bought by a property managfement company and are in the process of being let out.

Didn't realise this. Checked it out...wow! 1750 a month for a 2 bed apartment....second bedroom is barely wide enough for the bed...

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Carton-Grove-Place-Maynooth-Co-Kildare/1909808/#img=14

Things are crazy.

Maynooth is unfeasibly expensive and it isn't really the colleges fault anymore - less and less student rents in normal estates now. The salary I bought with even adjusting for wagte inflation in that sector wouldn't get me a mortgage now here, and renting would prevent everything else I spend on

• Advertisement

Maynooth is unfeasibly expensive and it isn't really the colleges fault anymore - less and less student rents in normal estates now. The salary I bought with even adjusting for wagte inflation in that sector wouldn't get me a mortgage now here, and renting would prevent everything else I spend on

I'd potentially be looking at buying a 2 bed but the prices are just out of order.

Advertisement