Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Didn't realise this. Checked it out...wow! 1750 a month for a 2 bed apartment....second bedroom is barely wide enough for the bed...

https://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Carton-Grove-Place-Maynooth-Co-Kildare/1909808/#img=14

Things are crazy.

I know that link is for 2-beds, but there's definitely 3 different bedrooms in those photos (#13, #14, #16), so I think that small bedroom is actually the 3rd bedroom in the 3-beds?

Prices are high though, yeah.

hopefully with more and more supply coming from the new estates, plus the student accommodation going behind Garda station (when it isn't constantly closed!), the sting will be taken out of rental prices. Although given the demand from Dublin spilling out to Maynooth, probably not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It’s nuts... our mortgage for a 3 bed house is almost half that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I know that link is for 2-beds, but there's definitely 3 different bedrooms in those photos (#13, #14, #16), so I think that small bedroom is actually the 3rd bedroom in the 3-beds?

Prices are high though, yeah.

hopefully with more and more supply coming from the new estates, plus the student accommodation going behind Garda station (when it isn't constantly closed!), the sting will be taken out of rental prices. Although given the demand from Dublin spilling out to Maynooth, probably not much.

Yeah you are right the pictures dont match the ad. All the 2 beds are the top floor apartments (and i can see an internal stairs in one of the pictures) the three beds are the duplexs on the first two floors.
    I think the 3 beds may be let out but were priced 1950€

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yeah you are right the pictures dont match the ad. All the 2 beds are the top floor apartments (and i can see an internal stairs in one of the pictures) the three beds are the duplexs on the first two floors.
    I think the 3 beds may be let out but were priced 1950€

Still insane considering the little box rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

1950 is 3x my mortgage on a big 3 bed house in the town. Other homeownership costs exist etc etc but it shows how insane rental has got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Some of the purchase and rent prices are insane. My wife and I just bought in Kingsbry and our mortgage is less than 800 per month. The market rent according to our valuation report is 1300! And that's just on a 3 bed bungalow. We'd never have been able to buy any of the new builds in the town.

L1011 wrote: »
    1950 is 3x my mortgage on a big 3 bed house in the town. Other homeownership costs exist etc etc but it shows how insane rental has got.

When did you buy?

When did you buy?

Nice!

That's probably like 5 years off the time you can retire.

Nice!

That's probably like 5 years off the time you can retire.

I'm intending/expecting to have a breakdown and buy a pub in the country actually :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I was walking around Moyglare Hall yesterday. There's a new unit in The Walk area of the estate. Looks like a possible creche/cafe. Anyone here have a notion what it is?

3 shops and a creche was the original permission, not sure if it has been modified since.

Shops were to be a 3 story block with apartments above; creche a relatively sizable single story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

This is a single shop unit, with a apartment above, backing into a new small terrace of four (I think) houses.

The creche was due to be elsewhere, no sign of construction there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noddy86

Hi all, myself and my wife are FTB and are looking at Maynooth. We are looking at the Mariavilla development but as it's still early days we were eondering if anyone has any further information. Has anyone bought off plans? The agent told us the Elsmore development is the best example to view so we are going to check those out this weekend. We are a bit cautious in buying off plans obviously but equally keen to get started. 22 of the 30 available have been sold so keen to make a decision soon.

Also we currently renting in Dublin, what are peoples views on Maynooth versus other commuter towns such as Donabate, Ashbourne, Naas. From what I can see Maynooth is a good balance with the ameneties in the town and the reliable train line.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Just FYI, you could take a look at the Shackleton site near Lucan that is showing this weekend also. I went there for a look a few months ago. Layout very similar to the Maynooth plans.

For the 3 beds, The Shackleton rooms have 2 decent size rooms with one only suitable for a single, whereas the ones in Maynooth look to be more evenly sized across the 3.

Houses in Maynooth also looking to have a higher spec, granite worktop in Kitchen etc.

Ground has been broken on the Kelston development Mullen Park - behind Lidl. I believe this has to hand over the road before houses are occupied, same as Mariavilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Ground has been broken on the Kelston development Mullen Park - behind Lidl. I believe this has to hand over the road before houses are occupied, same as Mariavilla.

And Hayfield needed operating lights before anyone moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Noddy86 wrote: »
    Hi all, myself and my wife are FTB and are looking at Maynooth. We are looking at the Mariavilla development but as it's still early days we were eondering if anyone has any further information. Has anyone bought off plans? The agent told us the Elsmore development is the best example to view so we are going to check those out this weekend. We are a bit cautious in buying off plans obviously but equally keen to get started. 22 of the 30 available have been sold so keen to make a decision soon.

Also we currently renting in Dublin, what are peoples views on Maynooth versus other commuter towns such as Donabate, Ashbourne, Naas. From what I can see Maynooth is a good balance with the ameneties in the town and the reliable train line.

Thanks all

Obviously I'm biased but I really love Maynooth. We're here 13 years. In my opinion, one of the major problems with Maynooth for young couples or families is the lack of childcare. It is an industry problem but Maynooth seems to be particularly badly off for crèche places. Often people have to travel to Leixlip, Celbridge or Kilcock or find a childminder which isn't easy. Maybe kids aren't on your radar at the moment but it just might be something to consider. Apart from that I think it's a brilliant town for a family.

I do find the train great. Very reliable. Parking at the station can be an issue though.

Staplor wrote: »
    And Hayfield needed operating lights before anyone moved in

KCC permission vs ABP permission is likely to have rather different levels of enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McGuigan365

Does anyone know when the first houses in Mariavilla are due for completion ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

I believe their plan is show houses ready end of August/start sept, with first people moving in end of sept/start October. If you call the estate agents they will have more up to date info

I believe their plan is show houses ready end of August/start sept, with first people moving in end of sept/start October. If you call the estate agents they will have more up to date info

The above is my understanding too. We have a deposit down on one but still waiting for the contracts. Hopefully there's a showhome to view soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Noddy86 wrote: »
    The above is my understanding too. We have a deposit down on one but still waiting for the contracts. Hopefully there's a showhome to view soon.

Also have put down booking deposit. Estate agent advised show house to be ready at end of August with our house in phase 1A ready for snagging in November. Plan to complete before Christmas.

Also have put down booking deposit. Estate agent advised show house to be ready at end of August with our house in phase 1A ready for snagging in November. Plan to complete before Christmas.

Sounds like we're on the same road :P

Sounds like we're on the same road :P

Lawns?

It's not a road yet. Went for a peek over the fence last week and it looks very much like a field still. 6 months can make a world of difference though.... I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

well there goes the neighborhood. that's 3 of us in the same boat

It's just re-assuring to know that as we tie a gigantic mortgage noose around our own necks, that others will be doing the same.

If anyone is interested, I made a Facebook Group. It seems to be the done thing for new developments
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/344243913141609/

Lawns?

It's not a road yet. Went for a peek over the fence last week and it looks very much like a field still. 6 months can make a world of difference though.... I assume.

No actually, we're back another road.

The Lyreen Lodge - former pitch and putt - houses have shot up. Not sure if they're on sale yet

• Advertisement

Does anyone know which houses are due to be ready first in the Mariavilla development? We’ve bought on Lyreen Place. Trying to gauge when we can expect to get in but it’s anyones guess at the moment it seems.

Also does anyone know if there’s another marketing day coming up or whether it’s a case of just waiting for the showhome in late August?

Advertisement