Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

Noddy86 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which houses are due to be ready first in the Mariavilla development? We’ve bought on Lyreen Place. Trying to gauge when we can expect to get in but it’s anyones guess at the moment it seems.

Also does anyone know if there’s another marketing day coming up or whether it’s a case of just waiting for the showhome in late August?

You can call the agents and ask them questions re when you'll get in specifically, we asked and were given an estimated snag date. Seems they are trying to get everyone in this first phase in "before Christmas". Ive driven by a few times and it looks like they are building Lyreen Place and Lyreen Close first, then Lyreen lawn, then Lyreen Glen. If you bought in Lyreen Place it looks like all the houses on that road are up, roofed and water tight. So just internal finishes. They are still working on the bridge for the main entrance, so roads dont seem like they are in yet.

I dont think they plan another marketing day like they had before (or at least agents havent said anything about it to me), seems like its going to be quite until they have the showhouses and then I assume they'll be selling off plan for the next phase(s) from the show house.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Comer are reapplying with reduced scale for the site opposite Manor Mills - no website for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maynooth Man

You can call the agents and ask them questions re when you'll get in specifically, we asked and were given an estimated snag date. Seems they are trying to get everyone in this first phase in "before Christmas". Ive driven by a few times and it looks like they are building Lyreen Place and Lyreen Close first, then Lyreen lawn, then Lyreen Glen. If you bought in Lyreen Place it looks like all the houses on that road are up, roofed and water tight. So just internal finishes. They are still working on the bridge for the main entrance, so roads dont seem like they are in yet.

I dont think they plan another marketing day like they had before (or at least agents havent said anything about it to me), seems like its going to be quite until they have the showhouses and then I assume they'll be selling off plan for the next phase(s) from the show house.

That's going to be hard to do, seeing as they've no mains water supply to the estate yet

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

That's going to be hard to do, seeing as they've no mains water supply to the estate yet

Do you know when that will be connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 citylad74

The lady I spoke to in Sherry Fitz today wouldn’t commit to any dates on Lyreen Lodge. It’s listed as an Autumn launch on the website but I would think SF know nothing more than us to be honest & are very dependent on advice from the builders. It’s 34 units, with a mix of 3 & 4 beds.I would assume there is just 1 phase but not sure on that?? How restrictive is the site there?

• Advertisement

Lower bit of it needed flood alleviation works, can probably go down the back of Pound Park to take a gawk to see how it's getting on

Cheers L1011 - might do that. Would you be genuinely worried if you were a potential buyer in Lyreen Lodge or Mariavilla about flooding issues? Does Maynooth have any history of flooding?

Maynooth has flooded before in various parts - including where Lyreen Lodge is - but there's been significant works done to alleviate it.

A lot of the problem was uncontrolled release of surface water from the M4 to the Joan Slade and hence the Lyreen river which is the one that goes through the town - this was addressed with attenuation tanks that have been sufficient for all flood events since.

I might look to buy higher up - but I don't see it flooding outside of a climate event that would flood the entire town.

Cheers for that info L1011.

Will be next year before I can look at buying in Maynooth. I know Mariavilla will have another phase in February/March perhaps but Lyreen Lodge will likely be all sold this year I am guessing. Does anyone on here know what other new estates are in the pipeline for Maynooth in 2020? I saw mention of Mullan Park a few pages back which is currently under construction I believe.

Mullen Park is down by Circle K/Lidl and is being built in multiple phases/launches - first few houses are up to second floor shell now but no launch has happened that I'm aware of.

• Advertisement

Mariavilla & Lyreen lodge due to have show houses ready for open days in the coming weeks I believe? Wonder is this likely to be September or October?

citylad74 wrote: »
    Mariavilla & Lyreen lodge due to have show houses ready for open days in the coming weeks I believe? Wonder is this likely to be September or October?

According to daft advert for Mariavilla the showhouses are open 14.30 - 16:00 this Saturday and the following Sunday. Sorry cant post the link.

Thks for that Confusselled.
    Rang up sherry Fitz Brady earlier on Lyreen Lodge, they have no update on prices or launch dates, they are waiting on the builders before the next step commences. Wouldn’t commit to any likely dates.

citylad74 wrote: »
    Thks for that Confusselled.
    Rang up sherry Fitz Brady earlier on Lyreen Lodge, they have no update on prices or launch dates, they are waiting on the builders before the next step commences. Wouldn’t commit to any likely dates.

Drove by there at the weekend and they have made progress on Lyreen Lodge, but they dont have roads, paths or driveways to the front row of houses, so I'd guess keeping an eye on the road/paths would give an indication.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Drove by there at the weekend and they have made progress on Lyreen Lodge, but they dont have roads, paths or driveways to the front row of houses, so I'd guess keeping an eye on the road/paths would give an indication.

Nope. Carton grove were showed by walking across a large grassy area to get to the houses.

Anyone down at the Mariavilla show houses today? First impressions..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

The finish in the houses was very nice. Lots of light and seems like a good location near the town centre. On the flip side, the actual footprint of the house is small leaving you with only an average size kitchen and smallish living room on the ground floor. I know the 4 beds are over 3 stories but I still struggle with the price of these at €480k for a semi-d in Maynooth. If you have the money fair play to you. That's just first impressions though. Would like to hear other opinions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

FitzElla wrote: »
    The finish in the houses was very nice. Lots of light and seems like a good location near the town centre. On the flip side, the actual footprint of the house is small leaving you with only an average size kitchen and smallish living room on the ground floor. I know the 4 beds are over 3 stories but I still struggle with the price of these at €480k for a semi-d in Maynooth. If you have the money fair play to you. That's just first impressions though. Would like to hear other opinions..

Totally agree. Crazy money for Maynooth. A couple of house in Rockfield for 50k less and much better value for money imo.

The arse will fall out of the market again at those prices. Someone is raking it in.

Agree with all that but I was generally left with a positive enough impression of the houses & development. The 4 beds make no sense in my opinion though as they seem overpriced at €480k & you have no real additional living space as the sitting room & kitchen are tight enough while the gardens are small across all the units.
    The 3 beds at 370-400k are nice with a good finish but a bit tight for space. Parking adequate & front of house nice. Would like to have seen more green area in the development but I believe it’s in the plans.

Does anyone know the timeline for the final phase closer to the Dunboyne road? Meadow vale I think it will be called.
    FitzElla wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

480k, 48k deposit, 20k from grant for ftb.
    Buyer "only" needs 28k. That's who buys em.

Same buyer unlikely to have 45k deposit for a 450k second hand house.

That's where your market is distorted.

Heard housing names are almost the exact same as Moyglare Hall. Eg "the vale, moyglare hall" Versus "moyglare vale". Original and won't cause any problems with post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I wonder what if any traffic management will be put in place to accommodate these new developments. This morning the entirety of Meadowbrook road was a traffic jam, it took 10 full minutes to get up to Straffan Road. They're also closing Parsons Street for a month in October, it's going to be an absolute sh1t show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

ixus wrote: »
    480k, 48k deposit, 20k from grant for ftb.
    Buyer "only" needs 28k. That's who buys em.

Same buyer unlikely to have 45k deposit for a 450k second hand house.

That's where your market is distorted.

Heard housing names are almost the exact same as Moyglare Hall. Eg "the vale, moyglare hall" Versus "moyglare vale". Original and won't cause any problems with post...

Eircodes ¯\(ツ)/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They're also closing Parsons Street for a month in October, it's going to be an absolute sh1t show
    For what?? I drive that road to work each morning. What a pain in the ****!!
    Maynooth is a nightmare for traffic in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I wonder what if any traffic management will be put in place to accommodate these new developments. This morning the entirety of Meadowbrook road was a traffic jam, it took 10 full minutes to get up to Straffan Road. They're also closing Parsons Street for a month in October, it's going to be an absolute sh1t show

Probably lash in more traffic lights. Isn't that the solution to everything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

ixus wrote: »

Ffs. There's enough hassle with Newtown Hall having the same names.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Not to mention Carton Grove, Carton Wood, Carton Court. Got a Chinese delivery guy the other day wanting to drop us in an order for one of the other Cartons...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Not to mention Carton Grove, Carton Wood, Carton Court. Got a Chinese delivery guy the other day wanting to drop us in an order for one of the other Cartons...

If only we could create a special code that would identify each individual house in Ireland!

Sorry, just dreaming out loud. It will never happen.

To think that Kingsbrys bonkers numbering was the main issue for deliveries a few years ago!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Apparently a survey was done at the dunboyne road from main st to the roundabout is fit for purpose as is... so no changes needed....

LOL those traffic lights are meant to help. They've made traffic worse.
    andreac wrote: »

Pipelaying that could not have been done during the summer as they needed to close half the road for footpaths widening which they could only do on about half of the road as people were too scabby to move their shiity garden walls in a about 2 feet.
    Probably lash in more traffic lights. Isn't that the solution to everything these days.

All of the lights.... All of the lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

andreac wrote: »
    likewise.. i assume they wont sort the lights out at the roost for that month. ive never seen a worse town for traffic lights and Crap traffic light management.

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleasesAdverts/TempClosingofRoads-NoticeofIntention-R408ParsonStMaynooth.html

Advertisement