Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

The first release of Mullen Park will consist mainly of 4 beds.

3 bed plus study 3 storey semi detached approx. 132 sq m / 1420 sq ft (limited number in first release)
    4 bed 3 storey semi detached approx. 136 sq m / 1460 sq ft.

Very small houses given they are over 3 floors. The 3 floor houses in ledwill Park kilcock are 176sqm and were sold off the plans for 400k. I know its Maynooth and expensive but they're still small all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not surprising given those photos on the Daft ad. Very slim, and there's a lot of wasted space to the rear of the buildings with all those different roofs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

The first release of Mullen Park will consist mainly of 4 beds.

3 bed plus study 3 storey semi detached approx. 132 sq m / 1420 sq ft (limited number in first release)
    4 bed 3 storey semi detached approx. 136 sq m / 1460 sq ft.

Very small houses given they are over 3 floors. The 3 floor houses in ledwill Park kilcock are 176sqm and were sold off the plans for 400k. I know its Maynooth and expensive but they're still small all things considered.

Seems to be the way all of them are going. Carton Wood is exactly the same. The depth of the house is roughly the size of my living room. Very strange configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Average Irish estate house reached its peak size to bedroom count in the late 80s I'd say; some premium estates are still being built.

My early 70s house is bigger than most 90s and later houses of the same bedroom count, and they usually have at least one more toilet shoved in somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Packers2021

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum, I am looking at buying a house with my partner in Mariavilla (Dunboyne entrance).

I am wondering does anyone know when the estate is due to be finished in its entirety? Will there be a an entrance at the back of the estate for the other estates behind to gain access to the Dunboyne road? Has any of the units in this development been sold to the council or social housing bodies (I know a cuckoo fund purchased the phase on Moyglare Road).

I assume the green field to the right is not re-zoned land and will not be built on.

Many thanks for any help you can provide, I have posted on the Mariavilla thread but there might be more regular traffic on this page.

• Advertisement

There won't be vehicular entrances from the other estates but pedestrian and cycle ones in time are likely.

The council will have bought their 10% for social but I don't think they've gone further.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Packers2021

L1011 wrote: »
    There won't be vehicular entrances from the other estates but pedestrian and cycle ones in time are likely.

The council will have bought their 10% for social but I don't think they've gone further.

Many Thanks, okay understood. The roads are quite narrow so they wouldn't be able to hold a significant amount of traffic I would have thought but always good to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The moyglare rd to dunboyne rd through Mariavilla isn't open yet. That's plenty wide and a proper main road. The roads in the Mariavilla estate are narrow enough. Most likely for safety, but that hasn't stopped some folks driving particularly fast thru my side at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum, I am looking at buying a house with my partner in Mariavilla (Dunboyne entrance).

I am wondering does anyone know when the estate is due to be finished in its entirety? Will there be a an entrance at the back of the estate for the other estates behind to gain access to the Dunboyne road? Has any of the units in this development been sold to the council or social housing bodies (I know a cuckoo fund purchased the phase on Moyglare Road).

I assume the green field to the right is not re-zoned land and will not be built on.

Many thanks for any help you can provide, I have posted on the Mariavilla thread but there might be more regular traffic on this page.

It’s not far off being finished I’d say, less than 12 months for sure. There’s 4 neighbourhoods/phases - Lyreen (closest to Dunboyne road) and all are finished, Moyglare (directly behind Lyreen) - about 50% finished and other 50% rapidly approaching finish, Mariavilla are the Urbeo rental units accessible for Moyglare road side and are all finished, Unnamed final phase in fields bordering Dunboyne road consisting of houses and apartments where groundwork’s have only just started.

The Lyreen Avenue link road will form part of the Maynooth ring road joining Dunboyne road with Moyglare road but apart from that there will be no other linkages within the estate. Plans were done to facilitate future linkage but the reality is that there is a farm in the middle bisecting Moyglare Hall from Moyglare neighbourhood in Mariavilla and apparently no intention to sell - I think the idea of a linkage was a bit of a KCC pipe dream.

There are indeed part V social housing scattered throughout the development but not totally random. All the Part V so far have been mid-terrace 3 beds as the price is so high that most units are out of the councils budget. The spec of these houses are different internally to cut costs - they are missing an en-suite bathroom and some internal finishes are less but on the outside they look the same. We have 4 Part V houses on our road of 20 houses, tenants all nice folks, families with kids, very quiet. They’ve fit in well with the nice neighbourly vibe on the road. If you have concerns about this though, perhaps choose a house that is semi-detached as you can be almost sure not to have Part V neighbours.

It’s a lovely estate. We’ve made friends with neighbours already and had a few outdoor beers (restrictions allowing) and a couple of nights drinks and party games on Zoom. Spec is good and so are the finishes, just watch for plumbing issues on your snag if you do go ahead, a fair few houses had minor issues. Cairn have a great minor defects warranty that basically covers almost any issue for 12 months after sale which is nice, as you will inevitably have some issue with something or other.

Lyreen Avenue Link Road is open for pedestrians and cyclists as of about 2 weeks ago but they can’t allow cars to pass through until KCC commission the traffic lights at both entrances.

The Ring Road will actually go a fair bit further out, on the edge of Moyglare Hall - but until its built, expect the Link Street to be fairly busy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Hi all,

Was looking at Mullen park and see it has been discussed here. Driveways are a bit off putting. Any more info on if most are bing sold to the council? Is there a way to find this out. Thanks

Nothing is confirmed at all but the suggestion is that a later phase will be bought by Tuath. This isn't the council and they have some selectivity over who gets housed compared to the council.

Every new estate (except some super premium ones where the council turns it down) contains social housing now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The attitude toward social housing in this thread and country in general speaks volumes. Get ****ed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

lordgoat wrote: »
    The attitude toward social housing in this thread and country in general speaks volumes. Get ****ed tbh.

As unpalatable as it is I understand where people are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

L1011 wrote: »
    Nothing is confirmed at all but the suggestion is that a later phase will be bought by Tuath. This isn't the council and they have some selectivity over who gets housed compared to the council.

Every new estate (except some super premium ones where the council turns it down) contains social housing now.

Thanks for that. Yeah I’m aware about the 10%. Just one whole single phase seems excessive. Cautious as estates like Shackleton went over the 10%.

hi! wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Yeah I’m aware about the 10%. Just one whole single phase seems excessive. Cautious as estates like Shackleton went over the 10%.

when a housing charity buys units in an estate its usually well over the 10%. The housing charities screen the potential tenants and also enforce strict anti social behaviour policies, if any such events occur they take them serious. I would much rather a housing agency managing such properties over a council house as the councils have zero bandwidth to deal with complaints etc.

As unpalatable as it is I understand where people are coming from.

For sure and the majority of times I would rather a social housing house next door than the people so concerned about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EJC4711

Has anyone got any recent updates on when Lyreen Lodge on the Dunnoyne rd will be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

EJC4711 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any recent updates on when Lyreen Lodge on the Dunnoyne rd will be finished?

1-12 are finished. 13-34 haven't even started so probably 2022. :pac:

They are struggling to sell the 5 bed 570ks which I would guess is holding up the finance side of things. Also, plenty of the 4 bed roadside houses remain unsold. Prices haven't dropped though so seems a bit of a Mexican standoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

OwlsZat wrote: »
    1-12 are finished. 13-34 haven't even started so probably 2022. :pac:

They are struggling to sell the 5 bed 570ks which I would guess is holding up the finance side of things. Also, plenty of the 4 bed roadside houses remain unsold. Prices haven't dropped though so seems a bit of a Mexican standoff.

They're on Daft at 650 now

• Advertisement

Staplor wrote: »
    They're on Daft at 650 now

That's the 1x 5 bed detatched which is already built. The 6 x 570 5 bed semi detatched aren't yet built.

Mullen park, Mariavilla and Lyreen Lodge. Is there anything else in pipeline for Maynooth or is that the lot under current planning?

Estate off the north end of the ring road section / back of Parklands in for planning currently. Sent back for Further Info in July, quite major stuff including "part of the estate will be under the bridge ramp, please explain"!

The estate at the south end of the ring road section (e.g. behind the schools) will almost certainly reappear soon enough; planning was withdrawn a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Mullen park, Mariavilla and Lyreen Lodge. Is there anything else in pipeline for Maynooth or is that the lot under current planning?

viewed Mullen park, so dispointing, cannot udnerstand bathroom with no windows :confused:

The 1990s 4 beds in Meadowbrook also have no window in the bathroom; has an attic light that doesn't do much depending on the orientation of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Just as a matter of interest, what's the deal with the road/houses in Moyglare Hall opposite the GAA?
    Seems like they've been building those houses forever, and presumably they're not opening up access on that road into the full estate until all the houses are finished?
    Are there still more to be started, or are they just waiting to sell off the final ones, or what?
    Is there pedestrian access from the Moyglare Rd through there into the bulk of the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

There is pedestrian access to the rest of the estate. The road will open up once the last few houses are sold. Last time I walked down there I saw about 8 houses left to be completed, pretty much everything completed is occupied. There's nothing left to be started.

Kasey_Don wrote: »
    The attitude by councils towards social housing speaks volumes.

How sickening it must be to walk to your house after paying over 400k and seeing someone who doesn't work get handed the same house, furnished and all, for free.

I live beside houses owned by Cluid, the majority of people work and I have zero issues with any of the residents. I would have thought the same as yourself but when I see the kids playing in their back garden as opposed to being stuck in a hotel room those feelings disappear very quickly. Every child in Ireland deserves the chance of living in a home in my opinion.

Kasey_Don wrote: »
    The attitude by councils towards social housing speaks volumes.

How sickening it must be to walk to your house after paying over 400k and seeing someone who doesn't work get handed the same house, furnished and all, for free.

The houses are not furnished, nor are they for free.

The majority of social housing tenants work.

You really do not have even basic knowledge of what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

I live beside houses owned by Cluid, the majority of people work and I have zero issues with any of the residents. I would have thought the same as yourself but when I see the kids playing in their back garden as opposed to being stuck in a hotel room those feelings disappear very quickly. Every child in Ireland deserves the chance of living in a home in my opinion.

Well said.

Imagine having someone like the pr-ick you quoted as neighbour?

Advertisement