Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is there any social housing in Moyglare Hall and if so how can I find out where? Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Patser

MattS1 wrote: »
    Is there any social housing in Moyglare Hall and if so how can I find out where? Thanks a lot

Think most of it is in the apartment blocks in the estate. Not sure how you'd confirm, maybe Coonans, who were original agents might have details

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Agents are not in the business of letting you know anything that could devalue a property in someones eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Patser wrote: »
    Think most of it is in the apartment blocks in the estate. Not sure how you'd confirm, maybe Coonans, who were original agents might have details

There's also two rows of terraced houses. They're a different design to the other terraced houses. All built and occupied years ago, nothing in the new phases that I know of.

There's also two rows of terraced houses. They're a different design to the other terraced houses. All built and occupied years ago, nothing in the new phases that I know of.

Do you know where those 2 rows are? Looking at places in that estate

• Advertisement

Do you know where those 2 rows are? Looking at places in that estate

The Court and The Dale

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can safely tell you that there is def social housing in all the new estates in maynooth. And most of the time you or anyone else have any idea of it.

Infill site in Old Rail Park that got permission for 9 houses last year (191110) is up for auction.

In that general area, there's 6 infill houses built or nearly built (4 on Fitzgerald Close, 2 in Old Greenfield) and at least 6 more with planning (1 behind those just built at Old Greenfield, 1 opening to Old Greenfield and 4 to The Arches on the same site) and a single recent but invalid application for another off Old Greenfield.

This is before something is proposed for the Leavy site, or KCC gets around to doing its substantial land bank off Fitzgerald Close.

2 planning apps in for 105 houses total on the Celbridge Road, same developer phasing an estate - 21/155 and 21/156. Same developer as Rockfield and Parklands (and other stuff around the town) I believe, new company with the same name and directors.

I keep forgetting about the application at the end of Parklands - that is dependent on the ring road being built. Its gone for further info which KCC have deemed as substantive so will need to be re-advertised. File 20/557.

Divine Word have applied for 166 further student beds at their Moyglare Road site. All student units take some pressure off rentals so are worth mentioning.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Divine Word have applied for 166 further student beds at their Moyglare Road site. All student units take some pressure off rentals so are worth mentioning.

Where is this actually?

Where is this actually?

Opposite the now old post primary building

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Divine+World+Missionaries/@53.3841937,-6.5940462,175m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x5f67bd5e7cfce429!8m2!3d53.384615!4d-6.5949347

The description sounds like its going out back which would be quite close to Lyreen Lodge but its only 3 storeys so shouldn't cause much concern

The aerial photography is incredibly out of date currently - look at the Mariavilla roads drawn out on farmland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dello1234

Anyone have any updates/information on the mullen park development beside the lidl? We tried to buy in the first phase but kissed out, hoping to get one in the next phase. Sherry fitz response have ranges from they hope to sell in the coming weeks, to we have no idea when they will come online.
    I couldn't find any information on sales on the property price register either.

Divine Word docs are up, its actually all over beside the church/parochial house, so probably won't even be visible from houses.

As for Mullen Park, there are never-ending discussing about selling a phase to one of the AHBs (housing charities, would be filled selectively off the housing list) so that may delay another phase launch. The first houses in the first phase appeared to be complete before that ever launched.

Suggestion at the Community Council meeting from the FG Cllr that there will be an SHD on the old Castlepark II site before the SHD application window ends this year; for ~190 units. This was refused before under council planning rules.

Suggestion at the Community Council meeting from the FG Cllr that there will be an SHD on the old Castlepark II site before the SHD application window ends this year; for ~190 units. This was refused before under council planning rules.

How can this be objected too?

To ABP directly after its submitted - nothing at all can be done until the application is in as nobody will have details

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

dello1234 wrote: »
    Anyone have any updates/information on the mullen park development beside the lidl? We tried to buy in the first phase but kissed out, hoping to get one in the next phase. Sherry fitz response have ranges from they hope to sell in the coming weeks, to we have no idea when they will come online.
    I couldn't find any information on sales on the property price register either.

Almost 100 houses have gone to tuath, so you might be waiting a while. See for yourself in the Social Housing Construction Status Report Q3 2020, it's a spreadsheet.

https://data.gov.ie/dataset/d9e58b11-8ee5-45cb-b4d8-cf0add63f2e9/resource/36b1a3ea-b3b9-47d7-921a-6f72f62ec3b7

That shows how long-fingered the new council build estate (the 47 unit proposal, for vacant land at Fitzgerald Close) has been - approved Q4 2017!

The Leavy site is going up for auction. There is no existing planning on the site - the permission for terraces houses has long expired - and the old house is not listed despite some local notion that it is.

I'd expect an apartment block to be proposed here as the 'house' behind it is a medical centre so it doesn't overlook anything unless it goes really tall. It's also below the main road so that would hide a storey in height

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The Leavy site is going up for auction. There is no existing planning on the site - the permission for terraces houses has long expired - and the old house is not listed despite some local notion that it is.

I'd expect an apartment block to be proposed here as the 'house' behind it is a medical centre so it doesn't overlook anything unless it goes really tall. It's also below the main road so that would hide a storey in height

That the derelict house kinda below the Straffan Road?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    That the derelict house kinda below the Straffan Road?

Yes, and the site with various rubble running along up to the Rail Park green.

In trying to find the ad for the auction, I found ads for ~19 acres in three bundles of residential zoned land along the path of the ring road. Capacity for ~350 units there.

Site notices up for a substantial development on the rectory lands*:

* 183 apartments, 3 to 9 storey
    * 5000sqm office space including the former rectory converted and linked to a new block
    * creche, gym, retail unit, cafe unit

No file number, no docs. Site notice is on the Noticeboards Facebook group. This is a conventional planning app not a SHD.

This is the best location site for town living that is ever going to come up - two minutes to the train station, three minutes to the Main Street

* the empty land in the Parson Street, Fire Station, Canal triangle of sorts although there's more than one parcel of land there I think

* 5000sqm office space including the former rectory converted and linked to a new block

No file number, no docs. Site notice is on the Noticeboards Facebook group. This is a conventional planning app not a SHD.

This is the best location site for town living that is ever going to come up - two minutes to the train station, three minutes to the Main Street

* the empty land in the Parson Street, Fire Station, Canal triangle of sorts although there's more than one parcel of land there I think

Interesting. Wonder will it get planning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Very interesting. Does it say where access to the site is coming from? Current Fire Station or Parsons st?

Parson Street vehicular, canal Greenway pedestrian / cycle

Can't make assumptions that the fire station is going anywhere even though the funding is in place to move it down by Circle K

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Where on Parson Street can you have vehicular access to that land? :confused:
    Only place I can think of is going through Parson Lodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭buffalo

There's also a sliver of land directly connecting it to Parson Street. Developer could negotiate with the landowner beside it to widen that strip for a road.

F1pcXLH.png

It's a very narrow sliver. You'd think they'd have access agreed before applying for PP. Be interesting to see the full docs.

• Advertisement

The parsonage/rectory is part of the development; its a separate folio on that map - the one between that one and Parson Street.

Advertisement