Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭buffalo

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Anyways, things could be worse, the Apartment block at the end of the Westfield Leixlip development is truly awful. The residents were up in arms about it, and rightly so. Another move that should frankly have been illegal.

Which one? The 4 storey one that's pretty much finished, or the 5 storey one that's only starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is that the housing pipeline for Maynooth exhausted?

Short term, as in sites underway, yes.

Medium term there's a site in planning on the celbridge road. Longer term there will be significant sites opened up by the ring road. Plus there's multiple fill in schemes of 1-9 houses around Old Greenfield and Old Rail Park, and a site for a council estate that is slowly going through funding allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

buffalo wrote: »
    Which one? The 4 storey one that's pretty much finished, or the 5 storey one that's only starting?

Is there another starting in the same site? Lord above. I'm largely for an increase in density but there are so many greenfield sites all around that area. Seems really odd.

Is there another starting in the same site? Lord above. I'm largely for an increase.in density but there are so many greenfield sites all around that area. Seems really odd.

Another at the far end from the finished one. Here's a view from Kilmacredock roundabout, though I think the final PP (18662) said the 5th floor had to be set back a bit:

552465.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Wow. I was living round the phoenix Park 4/5 years ago, great place to live, walking distance to the city centre and they were building semi-d houses beside us, and now we are building apartment blocks miles from anywhere.:eek:

• Advertisement

20m walk from Louisa Bridge if they sort out the right type of pedestrian accesses - as close as much of 1980s Leixlip estates are.

Wow. I was living round the phoenix Park 4/5 years ago, great place to live, walking distance to the city centre and they were building semi-d houses beside us, and now we are building apartment blocks miles from anywhere.:eek:

Nail hit head. Lacking in consistency. Personally, think it looks god awful. They look so much more reasonable when the surroundings are some way urban ie. there are some other tall buildings.

Did they manage to get the change in planning because of the strategic housing development planning, which is since expired?

Shame we'll be looking at the monstrosity for years.

SHD planning hasn't yet expired - end of the year - although it would be difficult to get a new one through in time.

L1011 wrote: »
    20m walk from Louisa Bridge if they sort out the right type of pedestrian accesses - as close as much of 1980s Leixlip estates are.

There'll be access from the north end of Westfield (beside the already completed block) into Gleneaston, but you'll still need to vault a couple of walls to get a quick route to the gap into LB car park.

Alternatively there's access out to the R449 and along the R149/Maynooth Road is only 15-20mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I was reading in the specs they are sold with astroturf lawns.

I'm living in Mariavilla. No mention of astro turf lawns on any residents groups

• Advertisement

Alternatively there's access out to the R449 and along the R149/Maynooth Road is only 15-20mins.

That's the direction I was measuring - KCC love closing off inter-estate pedestrian links so even if there was a way through now I wouldn't trust it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

A bit late to this so apologies if already covered! Do I understand the Mullen Park issue properly? First time buyers are blocked out from buying due to investors buying up most of the estate. I get that bit but KCC was trying to buy this for social housing so if the investor didn't get it KCC/their own tax money would have and they'd still be looking for somewhere to live right? If so I think that's a huge elephant in the room with no exploration of it the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Tomrota wrote: »
    A SF government would have to go in with the social Democrats, labour and PBP. That government would probably tackle a wide range of left wing issues and be a lot better than FF/FG. Honestly, the democrats in the US are better than FF/FG. There is nothing worse than those two parties.

That sort of government would be far worse than FF/FG and couldn't be trusted when it comes to the golden goose that is foreign direct investment.

Can't see it being very stable either. Pity there is no credible alternative non bat****/terrorist left wing choice. Will abstain for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Who would want to live under those pylons? Any plan to move/bury them?

Mimon wrote: »
    Who would want to live under those pylons? Any plan to move/bury them?

Main east-west interconnector, would cost many millions to move it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

evil_seed wrote: »
    I'm living in Mariavilla. No mention of astro turf lawns on any residents groups

Are there still apartment blocks planned for the entrance to Mariavilla? Think they are on the original plans but can't be 100% sure. Was a while ago since we saw the phase one show houses!

Cairn have indicated they intend to reapply for larger blocks, but they haven't yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

lordgoat wrote: »
    Are there still apartment blocks planned for the entrance to Mariavilla? Think they are on the original plans but can't be 100% sure. Was a while ago since we saw the phase one show houses!

Weren't all the apartment blocks student accommodation? I seem to remember that they weren't for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

lordgoat wrote: »

yeah, even we saw phase one show houses and though houses are beautiful, the idea of apartment blocks in front of the entrance made us to not to book the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

merikahan wrote: »
    yeah, even we saw phase one show houses and though houses are beautiful, the idea of apartment blocks in front of the entrance made us to not to book the house.

If you were going for one of the houses on the front sure, but the others? A very flaky decision IMO

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    If you were going for one of the houses on the front sure, but the others? A very flaky decision IMO

If they are student accommodation like someone else made out then I can see the logic. Otherwise not so much.

Huge further info request from KCC for the Glenveagh/Rectory site, summarised very roughly:

1: Asked to lop the tower by two floors - this was obviously going to happen and designed as such
    2: Issues with the traffic plan for construction
    3: Lots of stuff about mobility and public transit studies that weren't provided
    4: Drainage and flooding stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Anyone know when next phase of Lyreen Lodge will come available and when they'd likely be completed?

I'm at sale agreed and so desperate for a house I'd like to come available in Maynooth - ideally on other side of town like Parklands, etc but could make an exception for Lyreen Lodge.

If anyone's living there how are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The Joycer wrote: »
    Anyone know when next phase of Lyreen Lodge will come available and when they'd likely be completed?

I'm at sale agreed and so desperate for a house I'd like to come available in Maynooth - ideally on other side of town like Parklands, etc but could make an exception for Lyreen Lodge.

If anyone's living there how are you finding it?
    I've no real insight, but the fact the republished this article/advert on the journal last week suggests it's soon

My understanding is that there's only three or four left and they're pushing those up to 615k!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

I've no real insight, but the fact the republished this article/advert on the journal last week suggests it's soon

My understanding is that there's only three or four left and they're pushing those up to 615k!

Jaysus, dunno how they can justify that kind of price in comparison to c. €485k for Mariavilla

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Jaysus, dunno how they can justify that kind of price in comparison to c. €485k for Mariavilla

You may look further afield maybe Millerstown or Ledwill in Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

You may look further afield maybe Millerstown or Ledwill in Kilcock

Ledwill is now 475k for a 4 bed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yep, seems crazy. That's for the ones that were 575k anyway, and I think they're rejigging them internally so they're 5 bed (instead of 4 + study)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

hi! wrote: »
    Ledwill is now 475k for a 4 bed

There is a second hand 4 bed in Ledwill listed for 460k on daft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

There is a second hand 4 bed in Ledwill listed for 460k on daft

Ridiculous money to be living in Kilcock. Miss out on the HTB with that one

Advertisement