Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

See this link. Different builders. Carton Grove. Not 100% but may have built Hayfield.
    ixus wrote: »
    Article on all new developments in Dublin and Kildare. Big one underway in Kilcock, laying the road from small road out by Supervalu (over the hump bridge) at the moment. It's called the Maynooth Road in this article. Planning via Meath CoCo.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/thinking-of-buying-a-new-home-here-is-what-s-for-sale-now-and-coming-up-later-this-year-1.2916418

• Registered Users Posts: 11 filemoon

Hi.

Most of the houses will be 3 semi or 3 terrace (+few 4 semi) + they will have quite small gardens (I've checked permission plans).

I'm still looking for any useful information for Moyglare - but site looks quiet an dead (abandon), and Mycete is building other estate close to Drogheda. Coonan removes any information about Moyglare's next phase too (before they said Summer 2017).

I don't understand why they are not finishing 180m of the road and continue build and sell houses.

Regards Chris.

I've explained this. Their hands are tied. It's all on the county council. Builder has done everything on their side to get this going. They would love to have the final phase up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

See this link. Different builders. Carton Grove. Not 100% but may have built Hayfield.

Planned originally to appear as one estate with Carton Wood when finished - two seperate plans etc though.

Drove into the new entrance on Straffan Road (old greenfield) today for a look. Was interested to see what type of land was in there.

Huge site. Looked it up and Mooney, of Castlepark, have planning under 06/424 for a multi-purpose development of approx 83 units. Very similar to scale and type as Carton Square, with a creche. Got planning around 2007 with extension a few years ago. They couldn't get started until the new road works were completed.

Probably means they will focus on this before making any further moves on Castlepark 2.

• Advertisement

I never even put that on the main list as I assumed the development was completely dead until the road works started again.

There's a few sites like it that are very close to the train station - the Leavy site across the road and the parcel north of the canal behind the parsonage and health centre. Should be looking to get those developed before pushing out further to what will be car-dependent developments.

Yeah, that land locked in by the Canal is wasted at the moment. Wonder if someone purchasing the Old Rectory could open it up in a nice way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I see Ard na Gréine was taken in charge this week. Is it because it's a small development or did they just have all conditions met quickly or other reasons?

Yeah, that land locked in by the Canal is wasted at the moment. Wonder if someone purchasing the Old Rectory could open it up in a nice way.

There's going to be a road from the harbour to Parson Street which will open it up.
    Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I see Ard na Gréine was taken in charge this week. Is it because it's a small development or did they just have all conditions met quickly or other reasons?

Its tiny and likely has nothing interesting. Sewage pumping stations and drainage are the main issue in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

Funding approved for part of the ring road in maynooth

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Updates to these for year-end:
    16/167 - refused on flood risk, appealed - appeal doesn't seem to have been heard yet
    15/200 is replaced by 16/1153 - lower density, different layout. Still likely going to have issues with flooding/drainage as the land floods; badly.
    09/246 - site clearance work looks to be underway although I don't see a commencement notice. May be considered as part of Carton Wood when built.

New applications:
    17/380 - Extra storey and sub-division of other apartments
    16/1311 - two new houses on Straffan Road (adjacent to 06/424 below)

Existing:
    16/167 - conditional grant on appeal, mainly seems to be enhanced flood defence works
    16/1153 - further info requested and received. Reduction in houses, change of types. Council require new newspaper notices etc as a result.
    06/424 extended under 13/144 - apartments and houses between Kingsbry and Old Greenfield, now back in play as road has been opened.

09/246 is under construction and on sale as Carton Grove.

Additionally, an extensive student accommodation building has been given permission for opposite the Roost. This, along with the extra on site accommodation at the university should help control rental demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

oneway1 wrote: »
    Funding approved for part of the ring road in maynooth

Do you which part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

the part between the Celbridge and Leixlip roads, including the bridge over the rail line and canal.

Old pitch and putt club i think:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/new-e3-8m-housing-project-north-kildare-gets-go-ahead-despite-kcc-refusal/156472

New €3.8M housing project for north Kildare gets go ahead despite KCC refusal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Couple of interesting ones in the weekly list.

17/383: Educate Together application for a 2 stream school over two phases. 1st phase is a new building of 3200 sq. m behind the existing building and second phase a new building on the site of the existing one.
    17/379: Boys school - new 3 storey building with 24 classrooms. Interesting part of this one is that it references existing astro pitch which is part of the post-primary not the boys school as far as I'm aware.

KildareNow have mentioned a new campsite in Kealstown but I can't find anything on KCC site - weekly list or by searching Paul Mooney or Kealstown. Anyone have any details? https://www.kildarenow.com/news/tourist-campsite-planned-north-kildare/156141

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Probably not new to everyone else but I have only just seen it. Looks like a big development on the Dublin Road.

http://rebuildingireland.ie/news/rebuilding-ireland-land-map/

Probably not new to everyone else but I have only just seen it. Looks like a big development on the Dublin Road.

http://rebuildingireland.ie/news/rebuilding-ireland-land-map/

And the ring road will run right through it to Griffith Rath. All that land will then be opened up for development. Which has been purchased a long time ago with this in mind. The Educate together location was gifted to help with planning and supposed to be temporary with a better site once ring road was in if my sources are correct. However, in Ireland, temporary usually becomes permanent!

It was always meant to be permanent and planning has gone in for permanent buildings there.

Per kfm radio site:

decision is imminent on the application of planning permission for a residential development in Greenfield Maynooth.
    Kelston Properties Limited are seeking permission to build two-hundred-and-fourteen new homes, a 2-story créche, and a number of ancillary development works including a link road on the site.

That one was cut to 181 in further info. That only landed a few weeks ago and the decision date is set to "n/a" so I don't know when the actual decision deadline is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭TheBody

That one was cut to 181 in further info. That only landed a few weeks ago and the decision date is set to "n/a" so I don't know when the actual decision deadline is now.

Is this Mooney's site that is just behind Old Greenfield? Where they recently opened up the road onto the Straffen road?

TheBody wrote: »
    Is this Mooney's site that is just behind Old Greenfield? Where they recently opened up the road onto the Straffen road?

No. 181 would require Manor Mills style density there (although we may need that in the future...). This is behind Lidl/Carton Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Per kfm radio site:

decision is imminent on the application of planning permission for a residential development in Greenfield Maynooth.
    Kelston Properties Limited are seeking permission to build two-hundred-and-fourteen new homes, a 2-story créche, and a number of ancillary development works including a link road on the site.

214? That seems like alot. How many were in Hayfield or the new Carton developments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭TheBody

No. 181 would require Manor Mills style density there (although we may need that in the future...). This is behind Lidl/Carton Court.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so am I right in thinking that the current road at the end of Griffin Rath that ends abruptly, will join to the road between Lidl and Bartons? and this Kelston development would be adjacent to that road? (or either side of it?)

so am I right in thinking that the current road at the end of Griffin Rath that ends abruptly, will join to the road between Lidl and Bartons? and this Kelston development would be adjacent to that road? (or either side of it?)

Yes. Either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Giuseppe90

There is another request for further information sent to developers on the 05/05

Carton Grove Phase 1 now showing as sold out for 17 houses on daft. Didn't see them being launched or prices. Seems odd they would not test market for prices. Wonder did someone lift the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

They sold Carton Grove Phase 1 off the plans.

• Advertisement

Maynooth Traffic Management Plan available on Kildare Ciunty Council site.

Per Labour news:

Maynooth Traffic Management Plan on Display
    The Proposed Maynooth Traffic Management Plan is now available on the Council's website at

http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/RoadsandTransportation/TrafficManagementPlans/

Comments on the Proposed Traffic Management Plan can be submitted to roadssubmissions@kildarecoco.ie

Cllr. John McGinley gave a summary of the Plan in the June edition of the Maynooth Newsletter.
    There will be a public information meeting in the Glenroyal on Wednesday evening 28 June and after that the Traffic Management Plan will be published. While it is not a Statutory process the public are free to make comments

Advertisement