Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,549 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No mention of the factors which make the traffic count nonsense and we were told would be "corrected" (college finished for the year, Irish Open in Straffan making the weekend traffic insane). So its still complete nonsense.

I really hope whoever commissioned the count for then is made pay for the complete new plan that'll be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I've had an, admittedly, very quick scan through it and am perplexed by the emphasis on the link road between the R405 Celbridge Road and Lidl.
    I can't see what major traffic problem this will address. Maybe I'm missing something by not reading it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Rosahane wrote: »
    I've had an, admittedly, very quick scan through it and am perplexed by the emphasis on the link road between the R405 Celbridge Road and Lidl.
    I can't see what major traffic problem this will address. Maybe I'm missing something by not reading it properly.

Don't look at it in isolation. See it as part of a Southern Bypass from the Dublin Road all the way around to the Kilcock Road.

In addition, people commuting from the Dunboyne direction but who live to the south of the town (Straffan Wood for example) would be able to avoid the town centre.

See page 80 - 4.8.2 Straffan Road (R406) to the Celbridge Road (R405)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Don't look at it in isolation. See it as part of a Southern Bypass from the Dublin Road all the way around to the Kilcock Road.

In addition, people commuting from the Dunboyne direction but who live to the south of the town (Straffan Wood for example) would be able to avoid the town centre.

See page 80 - 4.8.2 Straffan Road (R406) to the Celbridge Road (R405)

I can see all that, but from, as I've already said, a quick scan of the plan it appears that the council see the piece between the Celbridge Rd. and Lidl as being a priority. Not the piece that would join up the Leixlip and Celbridge Roads.
    The map shows this traffic coming back towards Leixlip, turning right over the canal at the gates of Carton to get to the Celbridge Road and then on to the new Lidl link Road.

It's only shown as first to be delivered as it's mostly built already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Reminder this is in the Glenroyal tonight from 6:30-8:30.

ixus wrote: »
    Maynooth Traffic Management Plan available on Kildare Ciunty Council site.

Per Labour news:

Maynooth Traffic Management Plan on Display
    The Proposed Maynooth Traffic Management Plan is now available on the Council's website at

http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/RoadsandTransportation/TrafficManagementPlans/

Comments on the Proposed Traffic Management Plan can be submitted to roadssubmissions@kildarecoco.ie

Cllr. John McGinley gave a summary of the Plan in the June edition of the Maynooth Newsletter.
    There will be a public information meeting in the Glenroyal on Wednesday evening 28 June and after that the Traffic Management Plan will be published. While it is not a Statutory process the public are free to make comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Giuseppe90

161153 - planning for the development behind Lidl has been granted

Wow. Thought the flooding would be an issue for ABP but then Meath gave it to that site on Kilcock Maynooth Rd. That's that leg of the ring road sorted then.

Giuseppe90 wrote: »
    161153 - planning for the development behind Lidl has been granted

Grant letter isn't up, I imagine - from all the FI requests and the statutory reports - that there'll be a wall of conditions.

The person who scans stuff in Planning must be on holiday as I'm waiting two weeks for some docs on another I want to see!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Reminder this is in the Glenroyal tonight from 6:30-8:30.

Anything happen at this?

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Anything happen at this?

It was an information evening in the sense that the layouts, that you can see on the Kildare CoCo website, were on display. Three Aecom (think that's there name) were on hand to discuss any thoughts/ questions. Clr Murray & Mc Evoy were also on hand when I was there.

Submissions and comments are invited. No closing date, though probably not a good thing.

With Kelston beside Lidl receiving approval, Meath section approved and funding from govt for Celbridge to Leixlip, Also, school Moyglare section to be upgraded. I can see developments in the next 24 months but you never know with appeals etc.

There are further/additional updates in Liffey Champion today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 happiness10101

Hello, unrelated to road network and traffic but has anyone heard if there is a new creche opening in the unit next to Boots?

The new Strategic Housing Development process lets developers skip the council and go straight to ABP. After a few recent cases where ABP has been more lenient than the council I'm sure developers are delighted.

Two in so far for Maynooth from the fairly few applied for:

TC0024 - Cairn Homes, 332 houses, 71 apartments, 476 student beds + retail. This is a huge site across the north of the town and should include a new road from the Dunboyne Road to the Moyglare Road (but not the ring road segment, much further in)

TC0025 - Ladas Property, 138 apartments and retail. Location is just "Mill Street" This, I suspect, is the former Rectory site that is currently a surface car park.

One disadvantage of this system, so far at least, is the total lack of files for the public to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wickedelphie66

Hi there. Would anyone have any info on the planned launch of new houses up the Moyglare Rd in early 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

L1011 wrote: »
    Two in so far for Maynooth from the fairly few applied for:

TC0024 - Cairn Homes, 332 houses, 71 apartments, 476 student beds + retail. This is a huge site across the north of the town and should include a new road from the Dunboyne Road to the Moyglare Road (but not the ring road segment, much further in)

TC0025 - Ladas Property, 138 apartments and retail. Location is just "Mill Street" This, I suspect, is the former Rectory site that is currently a surface car park.

Would TC0024 be between Moyglare hall and the Dunboyne Rd and TC0025 be the carpark beside the fire station ?

As far as I can tell, yes to both.

Just been reminded where Mill Street actually is. TC0025 is the site beside the church, opposite Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Would TC0024 be between Moyglare hall and the Dunboyne Rd and TC0025 be the carpark beside the fire station ?

Isn't Mill street the street outside manor mills? manor mills used to be a mill. So it could be the big empty wasteland directly opposite Manor Mills.

Grayson wrote: »
    Isn't Mill street the street outside manor mills? manor mills used to be a mill. So it could be the big empty wasteland directly opposite Manor Mills.

It is. I was wrong in my original post they they quoted. The site I thought it was is actually Leinster Street

Planning for the Mill Street site was originally granted in the mid 00s, extended and expired last summer

Oh how I remember the days when I had huge reservations about the detached in Castlepark. 380k for the 4 bed detached. Was interested but the whole pyrite in Enfield issue and protests put me off. Then there was the madness of 400k, 440k and finally, 500k sealed bids. Insane stuff I said.

Well, someone thinks their gaff is now work 695k or double what they paid for it if they bought at the first phase which Im guessing.

If they achieve anything like that, it will set a new barometer of madness in Maynooth. Wonder are they getting out before the view is ruined by 400 odd units.

Edit: This never made the propertypriceregister with all the others in 2012, so I guess developer held onto it.

• Advertisement

I asked my bank to change me from a >80% ltv to a <50% one due to renovations and payments reducing the amount and they didn't even want a revaluation due to the increase in prices here. That was a year ago!

Someone got sick of living beside McDonalds & Tesco petrol station in Limetree. Bought for 495k in April, up for 525k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

Oh how I remember the days when I had huge reservations about the detached in Castlepark. 350k for the 4 bed detached. Was interested but the whole pyrite in Enfield issue and protests put me off. Then there was the madness of 400k, 440k and finally, 500k sealed bids. Insane stuff I said.

Well, someone thinks their gaff is now work 695k or double what they paid for it if they bought at the first phase which Im guessing.

If they achieve anything like that, it will set a new barometer of madness in Maynooth. Wonder are they getting out before the view is ruined by 400 odd units.

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Judging by the photos this one is not at the front of the estate so their view will be the same regardless of any future development. Crazy rise in prices though I'll give you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

[QUOTE=

[/QUOTE]

The funny side is - I think the builder told me there is no any building cross the rd:D - not sure how the god he no that - back to 2012 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭highdef

Someone got sick of living beside McDonalds & Tesco petrol station in Limetree. Bought for 495k in April, up for 525k now.

Wow, and that house is pretty much on top of the roundabout.....I wouldn't have purchased that house for 195k, never mind 495k, back in April! I can only imagine the constant noise of traffic. Having a relaxing snooze in the back garden on a summers afternoon does not sound like something that one could do at this busy roadside dwelling.

Anywhere south of the canal you need to be accustomed to the drone of the M4 to ever consider it peaceful - and further in you can hear the station announcements. Maynooth is not a quiet town by anyones standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Anywhere south of the canal you need to be accustomed to the drone of the M4 to ever consider it peaceful - and further in you can hear the station announcements. Maynooth is not a quiet town by anyones standards!

This is a bit OTT - am in one of the estates past the Greenfield shopping centre and the M4 isn't noticeable at all - certainly the back garden is peaceful enough to sit in during the summer. Any noise comes from the Straffan Road, which is very busy.

This is a bit OTT - am in one of the estates past the Greenfield shopping centre and the M4 isn't noticeable at all - certainly the back garden is peaceful enough to sit in during the summer. Any noise comes from the Straffan Road, which is very busy.

You've got used to it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Agreed, especially early in the morning while the immediate area is very quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I lived in carton court and never noticed it. Then I lived in Straffen wood in a house at the back and a bedroom window that faced the motorway, I really noticed it there.

Advertisement