Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Spotlight 2016 : #5 Beakerjoe

• 29-02-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

After a nice question session last time out with Omackeral (did our O-Mac forshadow Shane O'Macs return????) PW Spotlight is back and this week its....well its this idiot, BeakerJoe
    Lithium93_
    GerryBBadd
    KanKan14
    Omackeral

Beakerjoe
    Lord TSC
    Pentecost
    LeeJM
    Hashtag Heel
    Loughc
    Stereomaniac
    thebostoncrab
    BrainREGAN09
    Cherry Cola
    Vittanen
    JAYHUNTER
    Angron
    Shagnasti

If you'd like your name added, the thread is here to sign up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057537295

So you know the drill , you can throw questions at yours truly like we have done with others since Jan. Heres the rules
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster should be answering the questions.
    6. There is a limit of 3 questions per poster though you may follow each of those questions up if needed.

Lets do this!

Heres some sample questions

1. Whos your fav wrestler?
    2. What was the first wrestling match you remember watching ?
    3. How did you come across PW Boards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Have to ask, how did you come to your username?

Your favourite move?

Guilty pleasure entrance tune?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Have to ask, how did you come to your username?

Your favourite move?

Guilty pleasure entrance tune?

1) Ah my username. I couldnt think of a decent one to be honest. I have a Beaker (from the muppets) toy on my desk in work and it came fromthat and my name. Love Beaker, the crazy lil scamp.

2) My Favourite Move - Oh thats a toughy. Id say its teh Liontamer/Walls of Jericho mainly because Ive a tendency to try get mates in the hold on nights out.

Once some randomer was doing stupid dance moves in Coppers on night and when he finished his awful attempt at breakdancing spin, I couldnt help but lock him in while I had a few on me. Thankfully he was a good sport.... he was a big fella and would have battered me.

3) Right now its Tyler Breeze. Its a nice throw back to Shawn Michaels Sexy boy (lyrics not tune). Its awful but I like it.

Back in the day..... Regals Mans Man.... If I ever get Regal in the PW draft, this song will be used at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

In what order of importance would you place
    Look
    In ring capability
    Promo ability.

If you became a billionaire and decided to create your own wrestling company who would you get to be your number 1 that would realistically leave WWE

The are all important, but I believe

promo ability then In-ring- Then looks.

Look at Hogan, Savage, Jake Roberts, as a wee lad they could do anything in the ring once it looked semi-realstic, but it was their charachters and storytelling ability that lured me in, not their in-ring skills.

Hogan sucked as a in-ring general, looking back he was all character and thats why he was biger than savage and Roberts and others, even though they were excelent in the ring.

Kevin Owens, if WWE dont push this guy to the moon it will be a huge failure. He could be the best thing in wrestling if used properly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fight club, if you could fight anyone, alive or dead, who would you fight?

If you could book any 1 match for WM using anyone, retired or not, what would you book?

top 5 tv shows of all time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

1. Let me be blunt: Is there a labour crisis in America today?

2. When did you first meet V1?

3. Are you getting much sleep these days!

If you could book any 1 match for WM using anyone, retired or not, what would you book?

1) Alive : Adam Johnson of Sunderland. Read his trial is just sickening, he deserves a hiding.

Dead : Jim Savile. evil ..pure evil. Hell isn't good enough for him.

Id love a few rounds of unsanctioned fighting with both those too.

Semi-Realistically : Owens VS Austin. Both men would bring the best out of each other and If Austin had one last match, Id love to see a young guy like Owens (young in his WWE career) get the rub

top 5 You say:

1) Simpsons : never gets old. As I get older, the more I appreciate the show. Season 3 thru maybe 11ish.

2) Married With Children : Probably hasn't aged as well as other shows, but I still watch it with fondness. Al is the ultimate anti-hero

3) EastEnders : I was raised on it and I'm hooked since a young age. Very similar to my love of wrestling

4) Transformers : My fav cartoon growing up and they just don't make em like the used to. X-Men was a close second though in the animated stakes.

5) The shield : the best drama show ever, pound for pound for me. While the Wire and Sopranos and others are classics, this is the under rated gem that outshines them all. Perfectly written from start to finish. Vic Mackey **** the world

jaykhunter wrote: »
    1. Let me be blunt: Is there a labour crisis in America today?

2. When did you first meet V1?

3. Are you getting much sleep these days!

1) That depends on what you mean by crisis.

2) Know is a loose term, hes an old friend of an old friend.

I'm unsure but it was a drunken night out maybe 10/12 years ago. If I had to guess it was my mate Martys Bday. Lovely fella all together.

3) I'm getting better sleep. Watching Wrestling live as taken a hit though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Actually re-watching The Shield atm (just finished season 6) so yeah agree it's true quality and actually your answer to no.1 is better than most give cos for example Saville is someone I think most people would say they could take in a fight and yet truely deserved (and youd enjoy giving) a good kicking.

Owens vs Austin is an interesting one too, not one of the obvious choices but i'd have loved to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

1. Is there any not-modern tech you still use? (eg Vinyl, mini-disc, computers with Win 95 etc!)

2. What's on your YouTube Subscriptions feed (anything you'd recommend?)

3. Favourite actors & actresses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1. At what point did you realise wrestling was scripted? (Shocking, I know) Was there anything that gave it away or did you just find out?

2. How do you feel about real world and wrestling world overlapping? Like the Hardy/Edge/Lita thing or even just Brie and Bryan being a couple.

3. Where's my name on the list? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

You can invite 5 people from the world of wrestling past or present,name them?

Same q with people from any walk of life?

Would you rather fight 20 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    1. Is there any not-modern tech you still use? (eg Vinyl, mini-disc, computers with Win 95 etc!)

2. What's on your YouTube Subscriptions feed (anything you'd recommend?)

3. Favourite actors & actresses?

1) CDs would be it in the car. still have my old mega drive too but haven't touched it in a while. Used to love my Mini-Disc....good times.

2) You'll laugh at this but it really is only OSW review. nothing else. Its the only thing Ive ever subbed too.

3) Fav actor : Kiefer Sutherland. Ever since Lost Boys Ive loved his work, Big fan of Tom Hardy and Christian Bale, they have the ability to make me forget who they are in films. (unlike say, a Tom Cruise whom while hes good, I cant separate Tom from his characters.)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    1. At what point did you realise wrestling was scripted? (Shocking, I know) Was there anything that gave it away or did you just find out?

2. How do you feel about real world and wrestling world overlapping? Like the Hardy/Edge/Lita thing or even just Brie and Bryan being a couple.

3. Where's my name on the list? :(

1. Probably from the get go. My Dad was a mad one for reminding me every five minutes with such gems as "he didn't hit him there" or "that's just tomato ketchup on yer mans face".

2. Im fine with it, makes it more interesting. It turned Matt Hardy and gave me a reason to believe in him at the time. I just wish WWE knew were the line is. Like its ok for Steph and Hunter to blurr the lines but Lana and Rusev cant.

3. Did you not turn down the chance of adding it a month back. Ill throw it on so :)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    1. Probably from the get go. My Dad was a mad one for reminding me every five minutes with such gems as "he didn't hit him there" or "that's just tomato ketchup on yer mans face".

2. Im fine with it, makes it more interesting. It turned Matt Hardy and gave me a reason to believe in him at the time. I just wish WWE knew were the line is. Like its ok for Steph and Hunter to blurr the lines but Lana and Rusev cant.

3. Did you not turn down the chance of adding it a month back. Ill throw it on so :)

Yeah, I did at first but then broke and agreed to it. Thanks.

So favourite diva in a) Looks and b)In ring ability? Currently and of all time

Who should be a)Pushed b)stop being pushed c)Let go?

Kankan14 wrote: »
    You can invite 5 people from the world of wrestling past or present,name them?

Same q with people from any walk of life?

Would you rather fight 20 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck?

1. oooh 5 wrestling guys....... Xavier Woods. Seems like a sound guy and he loves games. Daniel Bryan, he seems like such a gent and hes done it all, be a great man to tell stories from the bottom to the top. Eric Bischoff. Hes got some balls and Id say he would have so great tales from WCW and Hogan. JR for the same reasons as Eric though from a WWF pov. during their battle with WCW. and Jericho. Hes just been my fav wrestler ever, cant not have him.

2. Ive no idea. Bill Murray has always fascinated me, him with the 4 lads of the RTE soccer panel (bill, eamon, liam and Johnny). I could listen to them all day, I miss bill so much.

3. one horse sized duck. Love ducks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Who will be more successful ultimately, Rollins or Reigns?

And like Castor, why wasn't my name added also??? :(

Who will be more successful ultimately, Rollins or Reigns?

And like Castor, why wasn't my name added also??? :(

It all depends on how you define success and things can change so quickly depending on who Vince wants to push and successfully book. If Reigns turns heel, Im betting him.

Rollins will always the man I want pushed. But he could easily be a dork like his latest run even if he was champion for a long period. Both men need better booking.

But I say Reigns.

As for your name and Castors and MrKiscool, I shall add you all in. My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

1) The New Blackjacks or The New Midnight Express, who was better in a this is awful kinda way?

2) Whats your top 3 WCW matches?

3) Excluding The Shield, DX, NWO, The Horsemen and Evolution who is your favourite stable?

4) What is your favourite title reign of any WWE Champion?

5) Ronnie or Roxy Mitchell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do you still have Fandango hair?

Do you miss Fandango?

Is Fandango his first name or surname?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

1. If you had to choose a talent trade between WWE & NJPW who would you send to Japan & who would go to America?

2. Is it going to be 3rd time's a charm for you in the Draft this year?

3. Did you agree with last night's Oscar winners?

4. You've also left me out of the list. Why do you hate me?

Just in case you missed them above:

Who should be a)Pushed b)stop being pushed c)Let go d)rehired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What's your favourite video game past or present?

LeeJM wrote: »
    1) The New Blackjacks or The New Midnight Express, who was better in a this is awful kinda way?

2) Whats your top 3 WCW matches?

3) Excluding The Shield, DX, NWO, The Horsemen and Evolution who is your favourite stable?

4) What is your favourite title reign of any WWE Champion?

5) Ronnie or Roxy Mitchell?

1)New Blackjacks. Though its a tough call. I loved Bradshaw and it suited him so much at the time. Bombastic Bob and Bodayious Bart was something elese though. remember Hollys awful dye job

2) Theres been a good few, Ric Flair versus Steamboats series comes to mind straight away. Flair was great in his hayday and he and Rickie had great chemistry.

Eddie v Rey at Halloween Havoc was awesome. Two young bucks who deserved better in WCW tore the house down.

Pillman and Liger was marvelous. Flyin Brian was such a great wrestler, injuries cut the joy of seing him short but this is probably his best match.

3) Hart Foundation. They were a movement in 97, Bret was in a league of his own reinventing himself as the anto hero and making him a giacantic hero outside of the US in the process.

4) Heel Rock in 98/99.... he was a joy to watch and he was his cocky heelish best. Jericho on his first comeback in his feud with michaels was just perfection.

5) Neither, they are both saps. Less of them the better

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do you still have Fandango hair?

Do you miss Fandango?

Is Fandango his first name or surname?

1) No, ive got Nakamura hair now. :) But I do miss it

2) Yes, Johnny Curtis was a great wasted talent. Looks, in-ring work.... saddled with an awful 1 Dimensional gimmick. He could have been so much more and still can be

3) Its his only name, like Cher or Madonna...

CastorTroy wrote: »

Who should be a)Pushed b)stop being pushed c)Let go?

1)a) Never cared for the "divas" in the looks department, I mostly fast forwarded their matches unless they could actually wrestle. And besides none of them can compair to my Diva, my fiance at home. :)

b) Manami Toyota. Not a diva, but a great in ring wrestler.

c) I suppose Trish. she proved that females in WWE could be more than bimbos. She really broke the mould.

2) a)Push Johnny Curtis. hes a talent. Hes got it all and hes wasted. Hes great in the ring, he has teh superstar looks and he has buckets of charisma. Give the guy a chance

b )Stop being pushed : Ryback. Hes awful. I hate everything about him, just go away.

c) let go : MOJO RAWLEY.... he is just awful. He annoys me in everyway. Get him out as he has no value at all

1. If you had to choose a talent trade between WWE & NJPW who would you send to Japan & who would go to America?

2. Is it going to be 3rd time's a charm for you in the Draft this year?

3. Did you agree with last night's Oscar winners?

4. You've also left me out of the list. Why do you hate me?

1) Kenny Omega.... but maybe wait a year. Hes a fantastic wrestler who will be huge in Japan.

Id love to see Jack swagger in Japan. He would be apprecaiated so much more IMO in the far east.

2) I look at the competition write ups so far and I say I will need some effort to even come 3rd again let alone come first. I love reading the write ups and trying to compete.

3) I love Leo but I dont know if he deserved it for his role. its a great film and he was great but I feel there were better male performances. Tom Hardy was great in it and Legend, even if it wasnt nominated as was Will Smith in Concussion

4) Yes.... Ill add you now. Im just an awful host

What's your favourite video game past or present?

Final fantasy 7......nothing will ever top it for me. I used a whole summer playing that game.

Also BH I really slipped my mind yday but my actual all time fav should be Alan Partridge. I literally am his biggest fan. Im Alan Partridge season 1 and 2 is pure comedy gold and its quote-able in everyday life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Final fantasy 7......nothing will ever top it for me. I used a whole summer playing that game.
    Have you played every title in the series or did this one just appeal to you then?
    Do you like music?

Advertisement