Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beam detectors - Siren

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you wire the siren straight through the relay it will only ring as the relay closes and stop again when it opens. So if I was to run through the beam the siren will sound for a second or so then stop.
    Are they to be permanently armed so?
    You would also need a key switch to disarm if you are going to be around the area.
    A basic alarm panel etc would be a better solution and give you more control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

I had not taught of that, yes it would just sound when broken and then rearm again - thank you. Would I need to spend much more to add a basic panel alarm to this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

jamesd wrote: »
    I had not taught of that, yes it would just sound when broken and then rearm again - thank you. Would I need to spend much more to add a basic panel alarm to this ?

If you had a free zone on a house alarm you could connect it into that providing you could get a cable between the two. Set it up as a different area so its always on.

I've as Astec 49DV, suitable ?

I've as Astec 49DV, suitable ?

Yes you could. You would need to set the zone up as a 24hour zone to have it on all the time. If you need to access the area then you could bypass the zone.

• Advertisement

Excellent , I will check and see if I can alarm cable going out to the shed beside the oil tank as the shed has a keypad and a PIR in it so may have a spare pair.

Excellent , I will check and see if I can alarm cable going out to the shed beside the oil tank as the shed has a keypad and a PIR in it so may have a spare pair.

No probs, let us know how you get on.

Advertisement