Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep stolen

Options
  • 29-02-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

@MODS. I know this is going alot against the grain,but if this could be left up for abit on the board?

Today between 13:00 and 14:10 my 4WD was stolen outside the Theatre Royal in upper Cecil St Limerick.:mad::mad: REG 95 LM 800 Mitsubishi Shogun, 5 seater metallic bronze/gold in colour.It rides higher than normal Mitsubishis and has a rear mounted winch and rear light bar.Any info to Gardai Henty St Limerick 061 212400 or to me via PM. There is a good chance of it being spotted as it does stand out and a good few of you folks who know me might see it about or be offered some spare bits or whatever on the QT for a mitsubishi

Thanks
    Grizzly45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Bummer Griz.

I had a van stolen years ago, was recovered after a day or so. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Good news!:D
    It was found undamaged and found by one of our members on boards here. [Thanks to Knockon!]Parked almost outside his place of work this morning!!!
    AGS is going over it at the moment,but sofar everything is seemingly stilintact and all contents are still in it.
    Weird...It was literally moved about a half mile in Limerick city centre and parked overnite in a taxi rank on one of the streets that has more CCTV than any other in the whole town.:confused:
    So much obliged to you all,for the calls of assistance and to the MODS for leaving this thread up.Shows that if you can get the word out fast the net and social medias here you will have people looking.Mods we can close this too thanks again!
    Now,once AGS has finished,off to my mechanic with it to check everything with a fine tooth comb.:(
    Regds
    Grizz.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Super result. Thumbs up to boardsies :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Great news Grizz. May i suggest this as a deterrent:

e4cf1c6ababade2ce97b9ef9ccde349204bb3616e12de0e7b381368c6addbef2_1.gif
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Poor Grizz Pushing on now and forgetting where he parked his car with old age...:D

Lucky to get it back. any damage done getting in?

• Advertisement

@Garv. Thats what I thought first when I found it missing that I was finally losing the marbels.Nope no damage at all that I could see.No forced entry,dunno about the ignition lock as AGS lifted it on a transporter and took it off to be swabbed for prints.Should be done tomrrow hopefully.As someone suggested,that because it was bucketing down at that time yesterday and it was near the dole office.Somone didnt want to get wet and just" borrowed it "to get down to the pubs in Denmark street. 20 year old car,not exactly the hardest yoke to open and circumvent anymore.
    Damn pity TASER stopped making these.

Seen one of these in action...At night it looked like somone was actually welding in your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

You could always try the Russian budget security system.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Great to hear you got it back Grizzly.

Personally, I prefer the trunk monkey:

Good to see the Grizzly-mobile at the range yesterday. I think the giant padlock fromt he jeep to the building foundations was a little overkill, but understandable. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Ah the two pitbulls werent noticed in the interior...:P
    On a more serious note I invested in a GPS tracker from Ebay. 45 to 50 quids from China,seriously folks this looks tinny but it works very well and is very concealable in your car.[About the size of a matchbox]You download a programme to your smart phone to activate it and it works off GPS/SMS text messages.10 quid worth of credit should last you five years with this,fed direct off a 12v supply in the car or its own battery pak for about 72 hours.Nice thing about it ,it is waterproof so you can attach it to your dogs/kids collar too and track them.Its a worthwhile investment if you are transporting firearms,and while not a 100% firearms theft stopper it would be handy if you could report to the Gaurds exactly where your vechicle is if the theft just happened so they might be able to vector in on the stolen vechicle and hopefully retrive your car and firearm.

I've also orderd in a new type of tracker from the US.This is actually small enough and thin enough to be fitted into a gunstock! Will let you know how it works when I get them.

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    On a more serious note I invested in a GPS tracker from Ebay.

I've had one of these in my car for years. The Mitsi FTO was a bit of a target and I had my gps well hidden, though it was closer to the size of a ciggy box (they're getting smaller). The App must be a new thing. You can also wire most of them up to kill the power to the engine, so the scum won't get too far.

Some scummer smashed my car window on Friday and stole a disability badge from the dash. There's no end to how low they can go.

goz83 wrote: »
    Some scummer smashed my car window on Friday and stole a disability badge from the dash. There's no end to how low they can go.
    Seriously????

Things are bad in Portlaoise at the moment. Gardaí have signs and billboards up warning people to clear out their cars and leave nothing, not even a pack of smokes, visible as it'll only encourage the scum to break in.

Reminds me of the situation with burglaries before the home owners act. YOU, the home owner, had to flee YOUR house if someone broke in. Plus in rural areas the average response time due to any local station being closed over the last 2 years is no at an impressive 1hr 45mins. The bastards that stole your stuff would have it on Ebay and sold before the Sioca-mahoonies arrive.

Thing is, most will break in, and then look. They don't stop to think about it, but stealing a disabled card. That is a new breed of low and a special place in hell is reserved for them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Jesus that's low indeed :(

When I was in California,they had a spree of car break ins for car radios n LA and San Diego.Anyway , some bright spark had the idea of the windscreen reflector sun screens[ These are big hunks of cardboard with reflector foil that you put up on your car dashboard to stop your car becoming an oven and to prevent the plastic dash from cracking] and alot of them came with different messages like DIAL 911 HELP! or the best was NO RADIO IN THE CAR!! A gang in LA just smashed the side window anyway and left a note on the car seat. GO GET ONE!!:eek::rolleyes:

I've had one of these in my car for years. The Mitsi FTO was a bit of a target and I had my gps well hidden, though it was closer to the size of a ciggy box (they're getting smaller). The App must be a new thing. You can also wire most of them up to kill the power to the engine, so the scum won't get too far.

Yeah,there are ones that can be installed permantly that have all that feature.Wanted to put one in ,but the insurance company says No way!! WTF.COM???I'm paying for it and its protecting somthing they are insuring against loss??Are we somewhat backward about technology in the insurance industry here?

Cass wrote: »
    They don't stop to think about it, but stealing a disabled card. That is a new breed of low and a special place in hell is reserved for them.:mad:

Well, i'm glad it was me, rather than some old lady. I may need the badge, but not as much as others might. Disgraceful carry on. The idiot is on camera too. He walked into the cinema first and his face was clear. Not holding my hopes high though.
    Vegeta wrote: »
    Jesus that's low indeed :(

Very. I forgot to turn on the boot monkey alarm.
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yeah,there are ones that can be installed permantly that have all that feature.Wanted to put one in ,but the insurance company says No way!! WTF.COM???I'm paying for it and its protecting somthing they are insuring against loss??Are we somewhat backward about technology in the insurance industry here?

Liberty had no issue when I told them a tracker was installed. When renewing policy, I told them I had an alarm, immobiliser and tracker installed. Now, I didn't hook up the engine stopper function, but I had the tracker wired to a constant power supply and it was well hidden in the dash with the GPS and antenna wiring nowhere to be seen, but with a clear view of the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

A cheap way to track a vehicle is to use an old iphone as a gps tracker. I know lads in the uk who do this in old jalopies like land rover defenders which are hard to secure. Do a google search for iphone gps tracker and you'll get plenty of hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Advertisement