Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician hourly rate...

Options
  • 29-02-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I need to hire an electrician. Does anyone know what the going hourly rate is these days? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Full time, part time?

Are going to actually be their employer or are they to be self employed, paying their own taxes, holiday pay etc? Are you providing transport or tools, insurance etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blueknight

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Full time, part time?

Are going to actually be their employer or are they to be self employed, paying their own taxes, holiday pay etc? Are you providing transport or tools, insurance etc?

No, not "hire" in that sense - I'm just a regular householder looking to get a tradesman to do a fairly routine job.

blueknight wrote:
    No, not "hire" in that sense - I'm just a regular householder looking to get a tradesman to do a fairly routine job.

Then you need to get a few quotes from recommended electricians. Personally I'd be willing to pay more for a redesigned electrical contractor. You know that a REC is insured and your work will be certified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads please note the charter on discussing rates of pay, thanks again. It's fine to discuss a quote you've received from supplier X, but someone getting paid X per hour content will be removed.

Thanks

Notice I never mentioned an hourly rate (they differ Grateley).

It's always best to get a few quotes from people offering the exact same thing. REC standard is a great starting point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Then you need to get a few quotes from recommended electricians. Personally I'd be willing to pay more for a redesigned electrical contractor. You know that a REC is insured and your work will be certified.

Pretty much this in a nutshell. Check safe electric.ie for a list of local REC in your area and go from there

Advertisement