Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 29-2-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ah lads they just did that ending on nxt a week or two ago with Samoa Joe and Sami zayn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even the crowd are chanting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

looking at the replay that was the most contrived looking finish I've seen in yeaaaars

No Bray, the definition of insanity is doing the same promo over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wtf is he on about

Really need to disband the Wyatt's after mania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Actually thought that promo was good by wyatt. Pity the wyatts be lumped with kane and big show at mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In the 2040s, people have full transcended tags such as "male" or "female"...
    Is Ric Flair a man or a woman, do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looks like they're setting up HHH vs. Ambrose at the Network special in Toronto on the 12th, based on that opening segment. Of course Triple H will go over but wouldn't it be amazing if they set up a Fatal 4 Way between HHH, Reigns, Ambrose and Lesnar instead. Leaves the rest of the card a bit light though.

Shaping up to be a good Raw at least, solid first hour.

Randy Savage chant at Steph.... holy flip hahaha

Sheamus u legend. 'He should of been Pope'. Rip fr jack (Frank Kelly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I thought this interview was pointless and then oh god a sneaky subway ad, fúck off

Looks like they hit the reset button on Ryback.

And I couldn't care less.

That was weird

yep.

Can't make sense of that promo at all. Even more intrigued now though, so they've done their job.

yep.

Its a waste of the undertaker unless there going to have Cena/sting interfere and cost taker the match setting up a wm 33 match.

For sting it will have to be after the hof class is introduced

So no Shane tonight ??

Big Show with the much needed W

Brie couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag, God love her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Where's that announcement from Rusev that someone mentioned on the first page of the thread?

• Advertisement

I'm off to bed no Shane mc and a brief taker apperence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hey, lets put that guy everyone likes against HHH and have him get beat up.

Then, when Roman saves him, people will cheer him!

Right?

It's so pitiful the levels they go to, to try and get this geek over.

Guess what, it's gonna backfire. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hey, lets put that guy everyone likes against HHH and have him get beat up.

Then, when Roman saves him, people will cheer him!

Right?

It's so pitiful the levels they go to, to try and get this geek over.

Guess what, it's gonna backfire. Again.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results" - Bray Wyatt

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results" - Bray Wyatt

We all must be insane for watching Raw every week then, same old sh!t as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What an absolute load of fúcking wánk.

HHH making Dean look like a fool in the opening segment, and laughing at the challenge. Fúck off.

Also, why hasn't any superstar been booked like HHH in 10 years? It's polar opposite to anyone else.

Steph with a grating promo that I couldn't give a shít about because she never properly gets her comeuppance. Fúck off.

Owens stuck with Big Show. Fúck off.

Taker seemingly has no problem being in a match with Shane, to benefit the McMahons, even though he's a babyface, and there's literally nothing in this for him. He also seemingly doesn't mind being used by Vince for his own ends. Fúck off.

Ryback reset for the 16th time. Fúck off.

HHH standing tall, setting up the Roman rescue, which nobody wants to see. Fúck off.

They have no idea what they're doing, and all need to fúck off. Just give me a guy I like, a guy I don't like, give me a good reason why they should fight, and have them fight. Is it that fúcking hard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

martyos121 wrote: »
    Looks like they're setting up HHH vs. Ambrose at the Network special in Toronto on the 12th, based on that opening segment. Of course Triple H will go over but wouldn't it be amazing if they set up a Fatal 4 Way between HHH, Reigns, Ambrose and Lesnar instead. Leaves the rest of the card a bit light though.

Shaping up to be a good Raw at least, solid first hour.

Id much rather roman screws hhh ambrose wins. lesnar/ambrose becomes the title match and let trips and roman beat the hell out of each other in the 2nd last match of mania.

but we all know its never gonna happen

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So no Shane tonight ??

No not until next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't nessecarily have any problems with the show, and would be leaning more towards liking it that not, but I can see where people's problems will come from.

HHH vs Ambrose, arguably, should be the Mania main event; when you look at the completely different reactions that two endings of this week and last had, its obvious the crowd will get behind an Ambrose push far quicker than a Reigns one (Reigns who the know is so bad, they have to fake an injury to stop him getting booed).

A part of me was curious to see if they'd even do some sort of title switch to try to save the main event, but my guess is this is the Network Special set up now, and a warm up match for HHH ahead of Mania.

I don't think it makes Ambrose look massively weak, thought I'd agree with the notion that its incredible they refuse to book anyone else near as well as they do HHH; if Kevin Owens, as an example, was booked like that, they'd have one of the biggest heels in history right now.

As far as Taker goes, again, I don't mind the way they are going but I get why people will; If the idea is that Taker is this cold, heartless killing machine who fights whatever sacrificial lamb Vince puts forward, then they needed to explain that more. I understand they keep Taker's promos short for various reasons, but they needed to have him explain that mindset more. Have Taker say he hates Vince, but each year, Vince puts forward a challenge, and each year, Undertaker knocks them down, and will continue to do so, be they a fan favorite or a hated villain; that blood is blood, and he'll take the scalp of whoever dares stand before him at Mania.

(This happened last year as well though, when Taker never cut a promo on Bray, and could be worse this year if the two opponents are both part time).

Other than that, I skipped through most of the show; Sasha/Becky was fun, and the double pin, while obvious, was well done. Don't know why we get a rematch on Smackdown, but I'm guessing that goes into another tie as well? Bray and Ryback are left floating with nothing to do 5 weeks out from Mania. Thats a bad sign for the former especially, whereas at least Ryback seems to be getting "repackaged" (outside his music, moveset, general character...).

New Day seem to be playing faces against the LoN and heels against Y2AJ; they need to pick which one they want to push them as and stick with it (Hint: it's faces against LoN). And I'm guessing we're looking at some multiman match with Owens, Miz, Ziggler, Show (?) and whoever else they decide needs a place on the card (guessing Ryback?).

Personally, I enjoyed more than I disliked. But as I said, there'll be people who hated it, and probably justifiably so...

• Advertisement

Think the reason New Day are tweeners right now is that they're setting up a triple threat match for the tag titles. You have LoN, the out and out bad guys, Y2AJ, the clear-cut fan favourites, and then New Day in between. It's the perfect dynamic for a triple threat match, so that's surely the way they're headed.

Advertisement