Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought tickets from Ticketmaster, tickets arrived marked restricted view

Options
  • 29-02-2016 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought tickets for a sporting event in the Aviva on Ticketmaster. Was able to access them through a club I'm a member of. Selected "best available tickets" and bought them. Price was low but it's not a particularly high demand game. Tickets arrived today and are marked "restricted view". At no time during purchase was this listed, I wouldn't have bought them if it was.

Do I have any comeback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It is hard to say. What does the terms and conditions say, there maybe some clause hidden in the small print. The last time I bought tickets from ticket master you could click on a map to see where the seats were. I would guess they have some clause in their terms and conditions and by paying you agreed to the seats offered. Could be worth sending them and email or Twitter them.

Also it might be worth checking with the club do they have an agreement with Ticketmaster that they accept restricted view seating for a cheaper price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

For a sporting event in the Aviva, the "restricted view" is usually the upper tiers of the stadium. You can still see the whole pitch, but your view of the far stand is blocked by supports (horizontal supports above your head).

You will have a full view of the pitch.

You should be able to check out your exact seat in the Aviva, and see where you are sitting and see what your view will be.

Personally, I wouldn't be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I don't think there are any seats in the Aviva that will offer a restricted view of the pitch.

Some seats might have a restricted view of the big screen.

If you have the tickets already and know the seat numbers you can go into the event on the Ticketmaster website (or any other event at the Aviva) and see where about you are sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I don't think there are any seats in the Aviva that will offer a restricted view of the pitch.

Some seats might have a restricted view of the big screen.

There are a number of seats on the lower tier (sections 102, 103 and 104) in the Aviva that have restricted view of part of the pitch due to the wheelchair platforms. During a match it does require a little bit of standing in order to see the action, and there's no view of a big screen. It's better than I expected for restricted seating, but then again I was at the very back, so not as bad as people sitting a few rows down.

I knew before I got them that they were restricted, so I'm not sure what options you have when you didn't know you were getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

athtrasna wrote: »
    I recently bought tickets for a sporting event in the Aviva on Ticketmaster. Was able to access them through a club I'm a member of. Selected "best available tickets" and bought them. Price was low but it's not a particularly high demand game. Tickets arrived today and are marked "restricted view". At no time during purchase was this listed, I wouldn't have bought them if it was.

Do I have any comeback?

Usually you'd see when buying on Ticketmaster that the seats are restricted view.

Personally, if it's not a high demand game, i'd just change seats when there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Usually you'd see when buying on Ticketmaster that the seats are restricted view.

Personally, if it's not a high demand game, i'd just change seats when there.

There was absolutely no indication at any stage of the process that these were restricted view seats. I wouldn't have bought them if there had been.

Game now sold out so I'm in discussion with the group whose allocation they came from to see if they will take them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

athtrasna wrote: »
    There was absolutely no indication at any stage of the process that these were restricted view seats. I wouldn't have bought them if there had been.

Game now sold out so I'm in discussion with the group whose allocation they came from to see if they will take them back.

this is strange in itself, but my comment was more aimed at the fact it was a low demand game, and that it wasn't worth the hassle as you'd get any seats you wanted.

Game being sold out changes things obviously, but at this stage, if you want to see the game you don't have much choice.

Advertisement