Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Box Burger Eastpoint

Options
  • 29-02-2016 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had food from this place? A friend has had food from there twice. First experience was good but the second wasn't great.
    I thought they were connected with Box Burger in Bray but following a call to them it seems to be just someone copying their name, website graphics and menu?

http://box-burger.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Moving this to Dublin City forum as more suited to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I've had it delivered twice. Got The Mannix the first time and the Butter Bird the second time. Both were gorgeous. The chicken burger was probably one of the nicest chicken burgers i've had and it was huge.

As far the mannix it was a really good burger. I'd put it up there with the likes of bunsen and 10 times better than any other burger you could get delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

According to the Sunday Indo, it's the same guys who run Pitt Bros BBQ.
    I wouldn't be into burger delivery myself... Don't want it being delayed / going cold etc... and I much prefer the experience of eating out.

Isn't 5 guys opening up soon?
    'Peak burger' is soon upon us!

All it needs now is another beef scare :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I like the sound of their cupcakes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Box burger Bray is a different place. From their FB page

"Box Burger
    15 February at 14:35 ·
    Soo... this new Dublin burger place came to our attention recently. It's not us but we can see how people got that impression...
    They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... what can we say? We're feeling sincerely flattered ��"

https://www.facebook.com/BoxBurgerBray/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Might give them a try so. I was put off that they were copying the original Box Burger and was afraid the quality wouldn't be as good.
    Still a pretty low business practice though!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I wouldn't be into burger delivery myself... Don't want it being delayed / going cold etc... and I much prefer the experience of eating out.
    It's five minutes drive from my house. I like eating out too, just not every time.

Both times I got it it was hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

are they delivery only or can you eat in?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    are they delivery only or can you eat in?

Delivery only as it says from a 'secret burger lab'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Delivery only as it says from a 'secret burger lab'

also known as "da kitchen in me flat".

also known as "da kitchen in me flat".

do they not have to disclose where the food is cooked / prepared?
    for food hygiene inspections etc...?

Or just even from a customer perspective.
    I wouldn't get delivery orders from certain places because they look like kips... if I don;t even know where it's prepared / cooked, I mightn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I wouldn't get delivery orders from certain places because they look like kips... if I don;t even know where it's prepared / cooked, I mightn't bother.

I'm sure they do, but to be perfectly honest i have no idea.

Whenever i hear "secret location" for a fast food company, i think "you don't want to know".

It's just a kitchen setup, not designed for having people eat there. Nothing wrong with that. It's in Eastpoint Business Park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If it's the same guys that run Pitt Bros, I really wouldn't be worried about hygiene standards. They've one of the busiest restaurants in town. They're not shysters.

I can't wait to try one out. We only live in DC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hmmm... my spidey sense is tingling... we just need a volunteer to try the 2 locations in Eastpoint serving burgers - Epicenter & Urban Mess - and try a BoxBurger burger and see if there's a resemblance.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Hmmm... my spidey sense is tingling... we just need a volunteer to try the 2 locations in Eastpoint serving burgers - Epicenter & Urban Mess - and try a BoxBurger burger and see if there's a resemblance.

Go on then. I'll take that bullet. Both places look excellent.

Hanley wrote: »
    Go on then. I'll take that bullet. Both places look excellent.

We have a volunteer! It'd probably have to be during the week, Eastpoint is a ghost town at the weekends think the restaurants shut up shop.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    We have a volunteer! It'd probably have to be during the week, Eastpoint is a ghost town at the weekends think the restaurants shut up shop.

3 burgers in 3 days next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Boxburger looks pretty legit but I know in my own area when i go onto Justeat.ie there are four different take aways all with the same street address. One is italian, one fish and chips, one Indian and one Chinese, all operating from the same address but with separate business names, logos and listings on Justeat. The poor chef must have his head wrecked cooking four different cuisines. No way would I ever order from any of them, they're a jack of all cuisines and a master of none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

I'm sure they do, but to be perfectly honest i have no idea.

Whenever i hear "secret location" for a fast food company, i think "you don't want to know".

Box Burger is run from The Epicenter Bar in East Point Business Park. Their own burger menu is pretty much exactly the same. I guess they're seizing on a delivery service under a young/hip brand that appeals to the internet generation.

http://www.theepicenter-venue.com/menu/Epi%20Burger%20Menu%202pg%20105x180mm%20PRINT.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lots of photos on their facebook page. The chicken burger looks huge

https://www.facebook.com/eatBoxBurger?fref=ts

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The poor chef must have his head wrecked cooking four different cuisines.
    Does it seem to be a small place? I often check places on street view.

letseatin locations do various dishes like that, italian, indian, thai, chinese, world. But they really do have lots of dedicated chefs. I thought it was just marketing but I usually collect from my one and you see all these oldish chefs in the back of different nationalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Showing as "Block Burger" on Deliveroo today rather than Box Burger - wonder if there was a complaint from the Bray place. Considering giving it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Whats the bar mentioned above like on a Friday night, would there be a bit of crack? Looking for somewhere to go for a meal and food on Friday.

L1011 wrote: »
    Showing as "Block Burger" on Deliveroo today rather than Box Burger - wonder if there was a complaint from the Bray place. Considering giving it a go

Yeh their twitter and facebook are now Block Burger as well.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Whats the bar mentioned above like on a Friday night, would there be a bit of crack? Looking for somewhere to go for a meal and food on Friday.

Epicentre is super busy on Fridays 5-6 as a lot of people go out for 1 or 2 after work (and there's 6000 ppl working in Eastpoint) ... would not be the best time to try to get food.
    Thursday nights they do coin toss where you have a 50-50 chance of getting your next round free or something...

If you wanted to get a meal in Urban Mess you'd probably need to reserve a table. Not much seating inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So went down to that bar

> Felt like a total outsider
    > Music wasn't my taste (thought it was quite a personal playlist, turns out it was an iPhone plugged into the system)
    > Staff Friendly
    > Cheapish (4€ pints but only Fosters on offer)
    > Food was great, burgers really nice

Summary, best to get beers at home and order them in.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

blue_blue wrote: »
    Box Burger is run from The Epicenter Bar in East Point Business Park. Their own burger menu is pretty much exactly the same. I guess they're seizing on a delivery service under a young/hip brand that appeals to the internet generation.

http://www.theepicenter-venue.com/menu/Epi%20Burger%20Menu%202pg%20105x180mm%20PRINT.pdf

I had one of these the other day and it was bloody delicious. Definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 c1ans7even

got delivered to marino last night wasn't cold
    got a chicken and bacon cheese burger absolutely gorgeous
    me and the gf be getting it again for sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We ordered the on the two for one offer tonight. Two chicken burgers and two cheeseburgers, plus a clatter of sides. Ashamed to say there were only three of us and we savaged the lot. Really very tasty burgers. Too good.

Advertisement